OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
PokemonRocketRedVersion.png

What is Pokemon RocketRed all about?

Pokemon RocketRed is a hack of Pokemon FireRed. Pokemon RocketRed will allow you to play in the Kanto region as a Team Rocket Grunt working for Giovanni. What's different about this Team Rocket hack compared to other Team Rocket hacks is this will be more original and that it still gives you the same options and realism that you would get in a real Pokemon game.

Pokemon RocketRed is based 4 years after the events of Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen. Team Rocket have taken over Pallet Town and most of Kanto. Your job is to continue the Team Rock invasion in Kanto. It's not going to be easy, you'll be up against people like Red (Ash), Green (Gary), May, Brendan and many more good guys!

As I continue the hack, I will add more and more story information. I hope everyone enjoys the hack.
smile.gif

Here is a gameplay video of most of what has been done so far (I notice the few spelling errors in the game, they have already been fixed). Also this video is a little outdated now. If anyone would like to make a new gameplay video of the playing Pokemon RocketRed, that would be great.

Here are some of the latest gameplay images:

GiovanniVBA.jpg
PokemonRocketRed4.jpg
girlgruntVBA.jpg
PalletVBA.jpg
followmeVBA.jpg
safeVBA.jpg
oakslabVBA.jpg
pikaVBA.jpg
girlVBA.jpg
backspriteVBA.jpg
squirtlebattleVBA.jpg

What's Ahead in the Next Patch:
Patch3VBA.jpg
bikeydudeVBA.jpg
givegruntVBA.jpg
frontVBA.jpg

For the latest information on the hack visit my section at PokemonExchange:

http://pokemonexchange.hostei.com/index.php/board,54.0.html

If anyone wants to battle/trade me, or participate in Pokemon Exchange's upcoming Tournament, then visit here:

http://pokemonexchange.hostei.com/index.php

Download Link: (Pokemon RocketRed_v02-2)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PF13H6KB

What needs to be done:

What still needs to be done in Pallet Town:
- Change trainer card sprite.

What still needs to be done in Route 1:
- Change Female main character's battle back-sprite

What still needs to be done in Viridian City:
ALOT!!! (I'll add things here when the list shortens)

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nerdii said:
Interesting. But it would be cooler if it was based off more current pokemon games.
Yeah, it would be. But I'm so comfortable with hacking GBA games, and I personally have not much experience with hacking NDS Pokemon games yet.

Chao33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow that's completely bad ass~ ive always wanted a badguys side of pokemon ill defenetly give it a go wen ur done and stuff
biggrin.gif

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Chao33 said:
wow that's completely bad ass~ ive always wanted a badguys side of pokemon ill defenetly give it a go wen ur done and stuff
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(outgum @ Sep 28 2009, 07:20 PM) Looks totally kick ass! Im keen to test if you need a tester? Sign me up =O
Working side by side with Raysie1 XDDD
Anyways, i'd play it
happy.gif
I've uploaded a mini-demo where you can walk around and do what you want in Pallet Town. It would be great if anyone could pickup any bugs or something unordinary and tell me
smile.gif

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
theotherfreakyguy said:
Looks nice. Will you be able to steal pokemon?
I'm still not sure yet. I'm just slowly making it up step by step, and if the hack somehow allows me to let you steal Pokemon, I'll try
smile.gif

theotherfreakygu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you could make certain pokemon that you are supposed to steal come up like a wild pokemon, so you are able to use a pokeball on them. Also, the one girl by the sign is nice scripting- I'll be watching this hack
smile.gif

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Scott-105 said:
This looks sweet but how far does the demo go?
Just to the end of Pallet Town. I've still got a few little things to do and then I will continue onto route 1. Where I plan to have Pokemon like Koffing, Ekans, Meowth and Ratatta catchable.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raysie1 said:
Scott-105 said:
This looks sweet but how far does the demo go?
Just to the end of Pallet Town. I've still got a few little things to do and then I will continue onto route 1. Where I plan to have Pokemon like Koffing, Ekans, Meowth and Ratatta catchable.
cool ill try it out.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey I just played through and I like it a lot. I suggest making the rocket character Jesse and James from the shows. I think it would be more interesting because there are a lot of Sprites. Just an idea though.Well good luck with the rest.

DrYHeLL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only thing that bugs me right now is the name. "RocketRed" is pretty phallic.
wtf.gif

Maybe Pokemon Red: Team Rocket Edition instead, or something...anything...
mellow.gif

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Scott-105 said:
Hey I just played through and I like it a lot. I suggest making the rocket character Jesse and James from the shows. I think it would be more interesting because there are a lot of Sprites. Just an idea though.Well good luck with the rest.
I've thought about adding Jesse and James as main characters, but I thought that would remove alot of th plans I have for the game. It would be quite weird if Jesse and James starting beating good guys LOL

I think it's better to keep it as playing as Grunts, as that allows for better story telling and makes all-round sense through the game.

Also, if you didn't notice while playing the demo, Giovanni refers to Jesse and James to your friend in Oaks lab. You remember when Giovanni says, "You remind me of two people I know" (Who do you think Giovanni was talking about?).

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raysie1 said:
Scott-105 said:
I've thought about adding Jesse and James as main characters, but I thought that would remove alot of th plans I have for the game. It would be quite weird if Jesse and James starting beating good guys LOL

I think it's better to keep it as playing as Grunts, as that allows for better story telling and makes all-round sense through the game.

Also, if you didn't notice while playing the demo, Giovanni refers to Jesse and James to your friend in Oaks lab. You remember when Giovanni says, "You remind me of two people I know" (Who do you think Giovanni was talking about?).
Oh lol I thought he was talking about Gary and Ash.

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
DrYHeLL said:
The only thing that bugs me right now is the name. "RocketRed" is pretty phallic.
wtf.gif

Maybe Pokemon Red: Team Rocket Edition instead, or something...anything...
mellow.gif
I think that name has already been used before. What's so bad about Pokemon RocketRed? It's kind of in honour of using Pokemon FireRed as a hack.

If other's here think there should be a name change, I'd love to hear some suggetions
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land