ROM Hack Pokemon RocketRed Thread

gurrry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im about to test the game out, but I suggest you do change the name.

Just so you know... When a dog gets a boner its called a "Red Rocket". Which is veryyy similiar to Rocket Red... lol...

Hey, Just giving you a heads up before people start saying Pokemon: Dog Boner version. lol

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Nothing is wrong with RocketRed, Its only sick minded people who would take it the wrong way?
RocketRed is actually a REALLY good name, considering it based off Fire Red, RocketRed sounds better than FireRocket >_>

EDIT: I guess you could go like, Pokemon: Rockets Revenge or something , but idk

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
gurrry said:
Im about to test the game out, but I suggest you do change the name.

Just so you know... When a dog gets a boner its called a "Red Rocket". Which is veryyy similiar to Rocket Red... lol...

Hey, Just giving you a heads up before people start saying Pokemon: Dog Boner version. lol
Hahaha...LOL. Can you suggest a name?

QUOTE(outgum @ Sep 30 2009, 09:28 AM) I made some edits to your sprite in game, See what you think, i just changed colours REALLY and defined the arms abit.
Rocketgrunt.jpg
It looks good. But in the end I still need to change around pallete colors to get that grey color. That's why I used a dark Brown, that was pretty much the only color I was able to use other then just a pitch black or a light grey.

I will still see what I can do about it.
smile.gif

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just a quick update to say that I've been working on fixing up the little errors and bugs in the Pallet Town.

A new update should be up soon
smile.gif

JBW

Trophies
XP
Country
I like the name, and it looks good so far. need any help? I can map and beta test. Im ok at using unlz-gba as well.

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
JBW said:
I like the name, and it looks good so far. need any help? I can map and beta test. Im ok at using unlz-gba as well.
At the moment, I don't need help. But if I ever do need help, I hope you're around so I can ask
smile.gif

Is it possible if you could show me an example of how you map and use unlz? I'd love to see a little of what you can do
smile.gif

Oh Really?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good idea but I have a few questions..
What is the whole goal of the game? To take over the world?
Will there be gym leaders or what? (Kinda pointless since you aren't trying to get to the e4)
I think just "taking over Kanto" will get boring since all you are doing is fighting trainers (I'm assuming)
Also, I think that instead of having Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander as starters, do like Meowth, Koffing, and Ekans.

Just my opinion

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh Really? said:
What is the whole goal of the game? To take over the world?
The goal of the game is very similar to the legit games, but instead with a Team Rocket twist. At the start of the game you'll be doing small missions for Giovanni, where at one stage you'll be thrown into a much larger mission where the game starts to get more exciting.

Oh Really? said:
Will there be gym leaders or what? (Kinda pointless since you aren't trying to get to the e4)
I've thought about Gym Leaders. My thoughts are still mixed on a few ideas. But I can say, it is most likely that there will not be the original Gym Leaders (As Gym leaders.) The original Gym Leaders such as Brock and Misty will probbaly be part of the story then being Gym Leaders. But, my ideas are always changing so anything can happen.

QUOTE(Oh Really? @ Oct 1 2009, 08:42 AM)
I think just "taking over Kanto" will get boring since all you are doing is fighting trainers (I'm assuming)
Also, I think that instead of having Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander as starters, do like Meowth, Koffing, and Ekans.
This game is more for huge fans of FireRed/LeafGreen and people that have always wanted to play as Team Rocket. As I progress in the hack, I'm also becoming open to trying new things. So I could always try new things like adding new towns or even regions to make the game more exciting.

I've thought alot about changing the starters to Meowth, Ekans and Koffing. But I thought that Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirlte were just the perfect Pokemon to start with (As they are equel in stats). If you've played the hack, you'd know that Route 1 has wild Ekans and Koffing in it.

Thanks for opinion
smile.gif
Keep them coming in!

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Here is my new design for rocket grunt!
I added a red backpack as he would probably need one in the game to carry all his errr.... stolen stuff, and red worked well!

So here it is, Hope you like it Raysie1:

RocketGrunt2.jpg

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
asdf said:
Just saying, if you ever need any help, I'm up for it.

Back on topic, loving the hack so far.
Hmmm...I'm not too sure.

The backpack makes him look way too much like the main character. I don't think a backpack is that important. I really do like the shadow outlines
smile.gif
I may see if I could somehow add them into the sprite.

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raysie1 said:
asdf said:
Just saying, if you ever need any help, I'm up for it.
Are you experienced in hacking? What kind of hacking are you best at?
I've actually only gone a little bit into FR/LG hacking. I never messed around with maps, but I have edited character graphics.I can also help with things such as the story and minor character dialogue (for that I mean like the shorts kid in Red/Blue).

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
asdf said:
I've actually only gone a little bit into FR/LG hacking. I never messed around with maps, but I have edited character graphics.I can also help with things such as the story and minor character dialogue (for that I mean like the shorts kid in Red/Blue).
Story and character dialogue is probably the least help I'm looking for at the moment. Sorry.

But, if I ever do get a dead end, and I need some help with the story or a character, I'll ask you
smile.gif

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
outgum said:
Next Attempt at rocket grunt!

rocketgrunt3.jpg
Much better!

But you do have to understand that the BattleSprite actually uses 5 different sprites. The one you're showing me is only 1 of the 5 sprites.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU