Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
Release Date (For Europe): 09/11/2008
My Conclusion: 5,5/10

Become a Top Ranger and protect hundreds of different types of Pokémon from an evil corporation in Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia. The second title in the Pokémon Ranger series once again calls on you to capture Pokémon on the DS Touch Screen, and then use their abilities to save the day. This time around, however, you’ll encounter 50 additional Pokémon that weren’t in the original game, including many from Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl.

Starting out in Ranger School as a Student Ranger, you’re bursting with enthusiasm at the prospect of one day becoming a Top Ranger and using your knowledge for the good of Almia and its many Pokémon. Little did you know, after graduation you would soon be putting your new skills to work in a quest that would determine the very future of the region.

Playing as either a boy or girl Ranger, it will be up to you to find and capture Pokémon that can aid you on your journey. To do so you’ll need to use the Capture Styler, a special tool that enables you to capture Pokémon by drawing lines around them on the Touch Screen using your stylus. Whether or not you successfully catch Pokémon will be determined by the strength of your Capture Styler and the ability to call on help at the right moment from Friend and Partner Pokémon you have already caught.

Once a Pokémon joins your ranks, you will be able to use its unique Field Move skills to overcome obstacles in your path before releasing it back into the wild. As you progress through Missions and Quests, you’ll earn the right to have more Pokémon by your side, making it possible to open up and explore new areas of the sprawling Almia.

Missions will be set for you by the Ranger Base or Ranger Union and see you tackling forest fires or exploring underground caverns. You’ll also have to put your Ranger abilities to the test against huge bosses as you work towards uncovering the true intentions of the shadowy Team Dim Sun organisation. On top of the game’s main Missions, people you meet will ask you to undertake Quests. Successfully completing these Quests earns you power-ups for your Capture Styler, making it stronger against certain attacks, lengthening the capture line and much more.

JPdensetsu

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
No, It's only information of the game
wink.gif

MuRdOcK92

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Are there any new pokemon in this edition of ranger the first one was good to short of a plot line. i think if theres not any new pokemon that they should wait to release it until there are more just what i think???? ant body agree

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I actually kind of want to play this one. The first one was pretty bad, but I was actually entertained during the beginning of it. This one is supposed to improve a lot, so we'll see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: That boi burning up, gonna melt those snowflakes.