ROM Hack Suggestion Pokemon Quest editor?

Sonicbrawler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to have the game to refuse to load entirely, but had my tiny mushrooms value be -762. Lol
interesting. i'll try this again then

EDIT: loaded but pokemon were not shiny.

for now, these are my notes. if i figure out how to make a pokemon shiny, or other things, i will post an update.

7zDiyTw.png

Last edited by Sonicbrawler,

P4RI4H

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
interesting. i'll try this again then

EDIT: loaded but pokemon were not shiny.

for now, these are my notes. if i figure out how to make a pokemon shiny, or other things, i will post an update.

7zDiyTw.png

Im thinking that like AnalogMan said, shinyness is determined like all other pokemon games (Makes sense). So maybe the aqua color you have is the pokemons PID.

I found this when looking for how PID determines shinyness. https://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pid_iv_creation#how_shiny

I would assume we can find all these numbers in here somewhere. I imagine the SID and TID are near the String with our username. Could be wong though

alejakaiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@KazoWAR just confirm me what I think it's happening with our saves. For some reason, (At start I think the language because my game it's in spanish, but maybe it's the region or whatever) after edit and encrypt it again, our switch doesn't load the game. It's strange because if I decrypt and encrypt without edit anything, the save its the same. Very strange.

Lykon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Odd, so the decrypted sizes of the saves vary in size between people? That's unexpected.
It's not strange at all. The game is made with Unity, so the save is probably a class object that has been serialized into a String and encrypted.
This means that some objects, like pokemon and item storage, have variable size.

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just can't get it to work. Don't know what I am making wrong.
Is there someone who can edit my save to maximum tickets please?
Its the EU Version / German Language.
Name of the Save Folder in Checkpoint if needed: 0x01005D100807A000 0x01005D100807A000

Attachments

• user.rar
    11.2 KB · Views: 92

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Its really close to your name. View attachment 129220I dont know which address it is (2 red marked ones). I changed both and it worked, anyone have more information about that?

from my experience it's the one with 01 in front of it, but it counts backwards. so say you have over 255 tickets, let's go with 511 = 1FF, you might think it's the 01 FF you see, but it's 01 FF 01 and it's the last 01 thats the beginning (endian-ness?) so you shouldn't change it to FFFF01 but leave the first 01, it's unrelated. you want 01 FF FF (this will max it to 65535 Tickets). I figured it otu through trial and error. also chaning some random data might not ruin your save but you may have changed something somewhere else. you might want to roll back to a back up and edit it properly.

Kirbyyeray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for the info! Here's the compiled version and a tutorial. (only for Windows atm)

1. Download this file.

2. Put the PqCrypt.exe in a folder with your save file.

3. Shift and Right-Click on an empty space in the folder.

4. Click open command prompt here.

5. Write this in the command line:

6. Edit the decrypted file with a Hex editor.

7. Encrypt it like this:

8. Inject it with any save file manager

9. Done! :)

Code:
   en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   en System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   en System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   en System.IO.File.InternalReadAllBytes(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   en PqCrypt.Program.Main(String[] args)

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
   en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   en System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   en System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   en System.IO.File.InternalReadAllBytes(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   en PqCrypt.Program.Main(String[] args)
what did you do when you got that error? try to decrypt? you didn't mistakenly to to encrypt already encrypted, or decrypt twice or anything?

Kirbyyeray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what did you do when you got that error? try to decrypt? you didn't mistakenly to to encrypt already encrypted, or decrypt twice or anything?
i was trying to decrypt it

it says this too

Excepción no controlada: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: No se puede encontrar una parte de la ruta de acceso 'C:\Users\kirby\Desktop\COSAS\pokemon\'.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
i was trying to decrypt it

it says this too

Excepción no controlada: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: No se puede encontrar una parte de la ruta de acceso 'C:\Users\kirby\Desktop\COSAS\pokemon\'.
you are running windows?
you got your freshly extracted save from checkpoint or whatever?
you put the exe in the same folder as your user file and run "pqcrypt d user decryptedfile" correct?

Kirbyyeray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you are running windows?
you put the exe in the same folder as your user file and run "pqcrypt d user decryptedfile" correct?

Yes
Yes
Yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you are running windows?

LOL now worked only i put user not the path thx for your command

Reactions: GizmoTheGreen

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
LOL now worked only i put user not the path thx for your command

So you did only something like this
'C:\Users\kirby\' ?
Without the direct Path?

Sorry wrote from my smartphone... edited my post.

Last edited by Frexxos,

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
FYI seems values over 99,999 confuses the game and thinks you have 0 Tickets :)
so keep it lower. FF FF is more than you need for a looong time already though (65535).

Reactions: xSillusx

xSillusx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quick question guys. Any one knows how the addresses behave with these save files? If I read it correctly. People recognized that other people have different kind of files when compared. Lets say the ticket value is stored within the line of 0x24F0 for me. Will it be there for everyone else? It kinda confuses me :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny