1. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    I think you misunderstood, I was saying TemTem looks better than Let's Go or SwSh, not that BD/SP look better than those two.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    yeah but after gamefreak had the lets go engine or sword and shield engine they went and made a remake that looks 10 times worse than the games they already had engine for, which made no sense, im guess they just wanted to get a rpg pokemon game for 2021 and that was easy and fast to make without much effort, now i which they just went with lets go developers and not with this studio that never made any actual game and are more of a support studio than a full game studio...

tbh pokemon lets go probably has the best visuals of any pokemon main game to date and its a switch exclusive where they actualy have the rights to use the engine, such a missed oportunity, lets go is chibbi done right on the switch, if ten ten can get teh look of lets go it will look as good or better than lets go/swsh

3. deisuke1234

deisuke1234 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

My guess with the Pokemon Legends Arceus has to do with back in the original pokemon diamond and pearl. The only way to get arceus was through a mystery gift. My guess is they are going to use that same strategy as they did with pokemon Rangers. Where the only way to get manaphy in diamond/pearl was through sending it over from Pokemon ranger. But than agian i might be wrong since this is just my guess. But that is also why i think why the pokemon Legends is kinda unclear over what its purpose would be.

4. placebo_yue

placebo_yue GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    games must have a prupose? that's some news...

I can't deal with the ammount of bitching over graphics. If you care about graphics so much why are you playing pokemon to begin with? why do you own a switch? you should be playing 8k 120fps games on PC MASTER RACE [/irony]

5. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    The remakes look's much more worse than the Let's Go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think Temtem is infinitely more beautiful than these remakes (this video here is a clear example of that)

But despite the excellent artwork, I still think LetsGo and Sword / Shield have better graphics in general.

Last edited by Moon164, Feb 28, 2021
  6. k7ra

k7ra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I think, would not buy this remake, better play on ds again (But for ppl that not played ds game it would be not bad)
    Really not liked chibi, on 3ds remakes as\or they was still better... On 3ds, Carl! On system where almost all games was chibi...
    And here we get after 2 good gens thin joke (Glad that battles not look as it was on original, or it would be double face palm)
    Legends trailer not show much, only open world and catch\battle + tell that you need catch them all.
    If they would add multiplayer there, that would be great (would not happen)
    They should show\add more, or it would be fast become boring.
    They should add explore\cooking\creating similar to botw or something to it.
    Well, some story would be nice too :)

7. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
  8. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA Masks don't work.

United States
    Here's my take as not a fan of Pokémon.

The DP remakes have an adorable art style and that's great, but that's all it has going for it.
    Pokémon Legends: Arceus looked incredible with how it was essentially going to pull a Breath of the Wild on the Pokémon formula, and then they showed that the battle system was the same and I lost interest. I was hoping for an action RPG like Kingdom Hearts, or at the very least a form of the ATB system from Chrono Trigger, the SNES and PSX Final Fantasies, and Pokémon Masters.

I want a Gen. 5 remake.

9. placebo_yue

placebo_yue GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    It begins...

Moon164, UltraSUPRA, KingVamp and 2 others like this.
  10. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    While I'm fine with Gen 4 being top down and faithful, I really hope Gen 5 goes full Sun and Moon with the art style.

11. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    That's it? No smash?

12. Ajlr

Ajlr GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Does anyone here forget that graphics don't matter if the gameplay is good? Huh? The art style is cute for me, personally.

13. placebo_yue

placebo_yue GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    People who grew up with the NES or some other console from those days or earlier knows this, it's obvious. But kids these days (or people that think new=better by default) think that as technology advances, everything produced should be top notch or else it's "dated" and therefore obsolete. It's a sad mentality but that's the world we live in..

fallguy441 and Ajlr like this.
  14. Ajlr

Ajlr GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    The people that thought new graphics=better are the same people that complain all the time when they're given something without understanding a situation and also hate old bands like the Beatles (I'm a fricking Beatles fan), Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc. and love Justin Bieber, bullshit rap artists, etc.

15. k7ra

We already have gameplay with old one (and we fine with it), if they try make new game\remake we expect to see new features at same level or even better as pokemon eevee\sword have.
    They try win new and old fans with this.
    Old fans expect better version (not chibi limitations that give ds\3ds, f. even chibi on 3ds was much better), bcs loved old game and want that it would be polished.
    New ppl on switch would see mobile game that not worth. And would buy other game
    So, what we see. GF have L\L situations, only true fans would buy it and ppl that not expect much of it
    I better play ds version, in 2d they look better. Like someone said story same, gameplay same. Graphic not important, but bad graphic\port important

Last edited by k7ra, Mar 9, 2021
  16. Ajlr

Ajlr GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Graphics are not bad, why the heck does everyone hate cute graphics now? Because it's not high tech?

17. fallguy441

fallguy441 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    because low res textures and weird lighting are not "cute graphics"

18. k7ra

Well, I'm sure that if it would come out as this, then we would see mods for cfw that change and make better textures\models in game.
    And there can appear ds mod even xD

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Pokémon, Presents, February