ROM Hack Pokemon Platinum: Enhanced Edition

mindaler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi, great patch, got a question,
if i patched the game with the earlier version, is there a way to patch the rom with the newest version without starting all over?

Reptlle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I patched the game and it seems like it doesn't screw up my save, but where do I find Vulpix in the new version?

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One (only level 2 though) is in the grass on lake verity AFTER team galactic's event there.
In area 4 of the great marsh Vulpix can be (more or less commonly) found at level 28 or 29.

Save files are fully compatible. If you had read the readme, you would know that.

Keriou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies if everyone's sick of hearing this question, but i've been scrolling for ten pages and i've yet to see an answer so here we go..

Is it possible to import or copy/paste an old no$gba .sav file into the new enchanced .nds patch i've acquired? Yes, i'm too lazy and far in my game to start all over.

I saw, when wolf was addressing the Galatic Glitch, that a temporary solution was playing through on a regular PLatinum patch and then importing the sav file so I'm guessing this has already been figured out and is real easy for most who are fluent with this coding and file transfer, i'm just not that good and looking for answers. Soon. My high's wearing off.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Keriou said:
My apologies if everyone's sick of hearing this question, but i've been scrolling for ten pages and i've yet to see an answer so here we go..

Is it possible to import or copy/paste an old no$gba .sav file into the new enchanced .nds patch i've acquired? Yes, i'm too lazy and far in my game to start all over.

I saw, when wolf was addressing the Galatic Glitch, that a temporary solution was playing through on a regular PLatinum patch and then importing the sav file so I'm guessing this has already been figured out and is real easy for most who are fluent with this coding and file transfer, i'm just not that good and looking for answers. Soon. My high's wearing off.
Uh, just rename the save to match the name of the hack. So if your patched Platinum ROM is named "PlatinumEnhancedBeta3" then name the .sav file "PlatinumEnhancedBeta3.sav" without parentheses. Thought that was pretty obvious...

Keriou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Keriou said:

Uh, just rename the save to match the name of the hack. So if your patched Platinum ROM is named "PlatinumEnhancedBeta3" then name the .sav file "PlatinumEnhancedBeta3.sav" without parentheses. Thought that was pretty obvious...

I will first thank you for your 'attempt' at solving my problem, frustrating is it may be.

Second, i will address your procedure and add that I already attempted that a dozen times earlier ( i wouldn't ask for help if I didn't test myself), on a copy saved file and despite my numerous 'renaming' I always start my new saved .nds platinum with a fresh game.

Third, just for the sake of doing so, my least favorite part about threads such as these are the little 'tid-bit' clip on's you leave to sound smart ( I.E: Thought that was pretty obvious)>

A computer is nothing new to me. Exporting/Coding/Naming files isn't that foreign to me (thanks to basic high school courses from like, 2 years ago) but every now and then someone would like to start their day by indulging in a little Proposition 215 (look it up in California state law) and play something from their childhood, a game deeply rooted in the essence of my childhood far before your mother even began the adventure of conceiving you.

That being said, i'd love to shake your virtual hand and call bygones so that the next time i make a stupid mistake i can simply ask for your help without getting any of the proverbial backlash. And blessings to Wolf, giver of the Pokemon. Amen.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Anyway, ignoring your rant, there's no reason for it not to work. If I understood correctly, you've been playing the game on an emulator, and now you want to use the same .sav file but on the patched ROM, correct? Are you going to be playing the patched ROM using that same emulator, or are you going to play the patched ROM on a real DS?

If you're going to play Enhanced on the emulator, the only thing I imagine would fix your problem is, as I said earlier, to rename the original .sav file to match the name of the patched ROM. The reason why it may not be working is because you might have patched the ROM incorrectly, or you might be using the unpatched ROM. Are you sure you're using the patched ROM? In the "Press Start" screen, when Giratina is flying in the bottom screen, it should say "Enhanced Version" at the top under the Pokemon logo.

Keriou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Anyway, ignoring your rant, there's no reason for it not to work. If I understood correctly, you've been playing the game on an emulator, and now you want to use the same .sav file but on the patched ROM, correct? Are you going to be playing the patched ROM using that same emulator, or are you going to play the patched ROM on a real DS?

If you're going to play Enhanced on the emulator, the only thing I imagine would fix your problem is, as I said earlier, to rename the original .sav file to match the name of the patched ROM. The reason why it may not be working is because you might have patched the ROM incorrectly, or you might be using the unpatched ROM. Are you sure you're using the patched ROM? In the "Press Start" screen, when Giratina is flying in the bottom screen, it should say "Enhanced Version" at the top under the Pokemon logo.
Ignoring your misuse of the English language at the attempt of disregarding paragraphs for jargon, I've figured out the error and it was as simple as the problem itself. I didn't have the right copy file in the right directory. A quick drag and paste was all it needed, i just preferred reaching into the internet to find a new site like this to answer my woes. And i guess maybe it worked in the end. Win.

[If you'll excuse me, I have shrubs to investigate...]

mindaler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I um, sorry again, tried to patch the patched game with the newest patch but all I got was that the game crashes each time I open in emu, maybe I cant figure the instructions quite as I should, maybe can I get some help?
much appreciated

edit: figured out how to repatch but the game stays the same, as in, the new patch doesn't make its changes, can it be that I'm already at the last gym? hope not
thanks again

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can check if you're in the newest version by checking if you can enter Snowpoint Temple even before having beaten the top four or by going into the trainer battle house in the survival area. If a Psyduck is in there, it's all good.

Or just check the md5 checksum...

mindaler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
after the "patch" went to the snowpoint temple and the woman didnt let me enter, also tried to trade the medicham for hunter and didnt have the useless item, just the everstone, as for psyduckm, it wasnt there, well might as well start over, no biggie,
also
the psychic feline in the unown ruins, is it mew o mewtwo, and what chamber does it locate?
so many things to ask but wont bother after this

raffo89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
is it possible to make the pokedex show the exact location of a pokemon in the location tab? i can't always remember which route as which pokemon, so this fix would be really time-saving!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po