ROM Hack Pokemon Platinum: Enhanced Edition

Blythe31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be total n00b question, since I have no knowledge of how hacks or mods work, but will my usrcheat.dat still run on the Enhanced Edition?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great work, i appreciate your hard work
biggrin.gif

Great Stuff.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Blythe31 said:
This may be total n00b question, since I have no knowledge of how hacks or mods work, but will my usrcheat.dat still run on the Enhanced Edition?

changing the rom size does effect cheats, i had that problem with that japanese smash bros type game, so i was forced to play the game in japanese, in the end i just deleted the thing, as for this one, it's a nice little hack but the only downside is you can't use cheats on your hacked version as the data size is very different. also i don't like the fact that some trainers are very hard now lol

Blythe31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
Blythe31 said:

changing the rom size does effect cheats, i had that problem with that japanese smash bros type game, so i was forced to play the game in japanese, in the end i just deleted the thing, as for this one, it's a nice little hack but the only downside is you can't use cheats on your hacked version as the data size is very different. also i don't like the fact that some trainers are very hard now lol

well that's depressing. haha. I loved the exp multiplier and the movement modifier to make your character run a lot faster, because I sometimes don't have the patience for level grinding or how slow paced it can feel if your back tracking without a bike earlier in the game. ahaha.
I'm interested in this because you don't need to trade pokemon to have them evolve and the new starter pokemon are awesome, but idk if i'll be patching my rom anytime soon, due to some of the nuances that the cheats got rid off.

I'll most definitely give it a shot in the future then, probably after completing my first playthrough of platinum. Thanks for answering my question.
smile.gif

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
x.domination said:
Ei.....I forgot to ask....but can the sav of the unpatched version be used?

Sure, always worked for me.

Blythe31 said:

Not on the trimmed version; use Beta 1 instead, its's the same thing, just with original ROM size. I think it should work but if you can test it and report back, that would even be better.

geminisama said:
You mention that the wifi center works right off the bat; so I assume trades, and battles work just fine with users of the actual game?

Yes.

QUOTE(Blythe31 @ May 10 2009, 03:41 PM) also i don't like the fact that some trainers are very hard now lol

Hehe. Btw if you're stuck on first gym (had that yesterday with my Bagon) try teaching it Rock Smash (the HM) - it's super effective against those nasty rock pokemon.

I'm interested in this because you don't need to trade pokemon to have them evolve and the new starter pokemon are awesome, but idk if i'll be patching my rom anytime soon, due to some of the nuances that the cheats got rid off.

Like said above, try using Beta 1, its the same just untrimmed
smile.gif

(quote
You could just change the Game ID in the cheat file with r4cce to get the Platinum codes working on it.
(/quote)

? I don't see how that will affect anything.

(Had to trim the quotes as GBATemp has a weird max. number of quotes
tongue.gif

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
...you're kidding, right?

Considering that he includes instructions on how to use PokeSav in the game's intro tutorial...of course it does!
I had'nt downloaded it yet when I put this.
Great hack I really like the beggining where hes talking about his eyesight being messed up lol. Just curious here but which ones subbed for which? I know that
Piplup= Gibble
but which ones Dratini and which ones Bagon?

Blythe31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wolfsclaw said:
Not on the trimmed version; use Beta 1 instead, its's the same thing, just with original ROM size. I think it should work but if you can test it and report back, that would even be better.

So the only thing that sets messes up the cheats is the size of the file? And why is that? I don't have any knowledge on how things work, but i'm rather curious.
I'll definitely give the Beta1 a try and see if the cheats work.
smile.gif
Thanks for the help!

eric_4_life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can't get the patching to work, as I got an xdelta.exe from google codes, since compiling it myself was too much of a hastle, and the patcher just closes after I press ok(any button) the second time.

Any help?

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uh...is the catch rate for starters supposed to be so low, or am I just unlucky?

Battled a Cyndaquil, got it to red health and it still was able to break out of a few pokeballs. Had to switch to a pokemon with more health than the Cyndaquil before it could be caught.

-Demon-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Very nice job, impressive
yaynds.gif

I wasn't able to make it work at the beginning though, I had to rename the rom "clean.nds" otherwise it ended with a 0 kb file :facepalm:

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
eric_4_life said:
can't get the patching to work, as I got an xdelta.exe from google codes, since compiling it myself was too much of a hastle, and the patcher just closes after I press ok(any button) the second time.

Any help?

deletee.jpg

This is what you need. You don't to compile anything...
Download xdelta directly from here: Click.

xvolution said:
Uh...is the catch rate for starters supposed to be so low, or am I just unlucky?

Battled a Cyndaquil, got it to red health and it still was able to break out of a few pokeballs. Had to switch to a pokemon with more health than the Cyndaquil before it could be caught.

Yes, Catch Rate is normally that low, since you can't normally catch any starter at all. I've decided not to lower it (i don't know right now how to do that anyway), cause I want people to at least try to play one of the new dragon starters
smile.gif

eighty4 said:
Where can you find all these Pokemon?

I'm not going to list each one's location, ask me for one and i can look it up.

QUOTE(-Demon- @ May 11 2009, 09:14 AM)
Very nice job, impressive
yaynds.gif

I wasn't able to make it work at the beginning though, I had to rename the rom "clean.nds" otherwise it ended with a 0 kb file :facepalm:

That is weird, i've just tried the process again, named the clean rom sdfsdfgsfg.nds and it worked out well (the patch renames the clean nds to clean.nds itself anyway)

On another note, I've noticed that the Umbreon that Commander Mars uses in the first battle is WAY too strong. Beta 3 is coming soon that should balance this out.

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, ok. Makes sense. To be honest, Gible makes a great starter imo (especially when he learns Dragon Rage
smile.gif
)

I have a feature request: how about making Mystery Gift available from the beginning? I know it can be unlocked through PokeSAV, but still...

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I will be releasing Beta 3 either in the next hours or tomorrow:

Changes Beta 3
----

* Bugfix: Activating Mystery Gift function works again. I had it broken in Beta 1&2, which I didn't notice...
* Various (little) text edits, mostly due to game logics (example: one trainer said "I'll battle you with the MAGIKARP my dad gave me!" while he was actually using a Buneary, etc.)
* Dratini now evolves into Dragonair on Level 25 instead of 30.
* Dragonair now evolves into Dragonite on Level 45 instead of 55.
* Gabite now evolves into Garchomp on Level 43 instead of 48.
* Bagon now evolves into Shelgon on Level 25 instead of 30.
* Shelgon now evolves into Salamence on Level 44 instead of 50.
* Second Rival battle: Both of his Pokémon now one level weaker.
* Leader Roark a bit weaker (Tip: Use Rock Smash -> super effective!)
* Commander Mars: first battle easier (Umbreon uses Assurance instead of the overly powerful Dark Pulse)
* The man and woman on third floor in Jubilife TV Center now tell you what to do to activate the Mystery Gift and how to obtain new box wallpapers.

I'm always open for new suggestions, esp. if you find trainers that tell you that they will be using Pokemon X to battle, while they actually use Pokemon Y, tell me and I'll changing that
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone