ROM Hack Pokémon Platinum - A little more English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yep, attacks are now executed immediately with no pause in between, which was VERY annoying. Text speed is much faster too.

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So guys, I was popping some of the new script into google translate to see what I can and cannot easily makeout. This so was funny, I had to share. It's a sniplet from the Darkrai text:
QUOTE said:
From somewhere ...
Hearing that is beyond ...? ? ? The dark rye ...
Tika Kimino NOZOMANAKU they are a powerful lord
Pokemon around in a dream to show it is horrible here came from ... ... ... ... here in the heart of menstruation.
Nobody KIMII not have a horrible dream
I do not see as the next
I will have menstruation!

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, but when is the next patch released
biggrin.gif

Posts merged

biggrin.gif
, and ROFL to whoever translated that

Link2999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
biggrin.gif

Posts merged

biggrin.gif
, and ROFL to whoever translated that

Read the other 100 posts, the patch will be released when it's ready to be released.

Sinclaircito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Rykin said:
So guys, I was popping some of the new script into google translate to see what I can and cannot easily makeout. This so was funny, I had to share. It's a sniplet from the Darkrai text:
QUOTE said:
From somewhere ...
Pokemon around in a dream to show it is horrible here came from ... ... ... ... here in the heart of menstruation.
I do not see as the next

did you use google to translate that xD? that's why I always think that the google isn't good at traslating text :B aajaja
tongue.gif

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
Rykin said:
QUOTE said:
From somewhere ...
I do not see as the next

...Menstruation? Dark Rye? Isn't rye some kind of wheat...? X_X
Wow... thanks to that, I now I have a good idea of why people don't like Google Translations that much.
rolleyes.gif

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
biggrin.gif

Honestly, I meant to have it released by now. However, this past week hasn't been very nice to me and I've barely touched the project all week.

Luckily, I've been rolling along today. I've had a lot of free time and I've used it to fix up mishaps here and there.

I want to release something in the next few days and then call it quits from there. However, if I have no time to finish it I'll just release what I have early.

Some things may get left untested, and I'll just wait for the bug reports to roll in and fix them as is.

There are some things that may never get translated due to the effort required.
The "sayings" that random trainers use when you battle them. There are thousands of entries there. The japanese game has 111 more than the English- this means for me to copy over the English I need to C&P every single sentence or add the new ones to the English and recalulate the headers for those 111- too much work.

Oh, I think I just fixed the issue with the attacks saying ?????????????? Apparently, I overwrote something in hex when I first started and completely forgot about it. Fixed. :>

dragracekid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rykin said:
dgwillia said:
biggrin.gif

Honestly, I meant to have it released by now. However, this past week hasn't been very nice to me and I've barely touched the project all week.

Luckily, I've been rolling along today. I've had a lot of free time and I've used it to fix up mishaps here and there.

I want to release something in the next few days and then call it quits from there. However, if I have no time to finish it I'll just release what I have early.

Some things may get left untested, and I'll just wait for the bug reports to roll in and fix them as is.

There are some things that may never get translated due to the effort required.
The "sayings" that random trainers use when you battle them. There are thousands of entries there. The japanese game has 111 more than the English- this means for me to copy over the English I need to C&P every single sentence or add the new ones to the English and recalulate the headers for those 111- too much work.

Oh, I think I just fixed the issue with the attacks saying ?????????????? Apparently, I overwrote something in hex when I first started and completely forgot about it. Fixed. :>
well if it helps at all i might be able to help with the translations i dont know how good i am but hey i would love to help if it would keep you makin them

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this may seem strange but is it possible to make this patch so it does not change the Pokemon names. It is the only reason I don't use this patch, which is really hard because I don't know how to read Japanese.

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shadowofdarkness said:
I know this may seem strange but is it possible to make this patch so it does not change the Pokemon names. It is the only reason I don't use this patch, which is really hard because I don't know how to read Japanese.

That depends on how good you are with DSLazy, NDSTS, or other NDS editing tools. I can do the quick edit, but I'd rather not deal with making another patch file. I could send you the modified file (not the ROM) via AIM or something.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Calling it quits? D: I guess it's to be expected with the amount of work it takes and the bratty 12 year olds you gotta deal with. Like I've mentioned before, if you need my help anytime, I'm certainly available.

kaizer ryo

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Warcueid said:
Calling it quits? D: I guess it's to be expected with the amount of work it takes and the bratty 12 year olds you gotta deal with. Like I've mentioned before, if you need my help anytime, I'm certainly available.
Bratty 12 year olds?A bit harsh ain't that?

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He never said he was quiting just that he did not want to make a custom patch. He would send me the edited files so so I could put them in the rom myself, which I am fine with since learning how to do it seems like it could be neat.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
kaizer ryo said:
Warcueid said:
Bratty 12 year olds?A bit harsh ain't that?

No. Honestly, have you read through the entire thread, good sir? You'd know what I'm talking about.

QUOTE(shadowofdarkness @ Sep 27 2008, 04:16 AM)
He never said he was quiting just that he did not want to make a custom patch. He would send me the edited files so so I could put them in the rom myself, which I am fine with since learning how to do it seems like it could be neat.

"I want to release something in the next few days and then call it quits from there. However, if I have no time to finish it I'll just release what I have early."

/face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol