ROM Hack Pokémon Platinum - A little more English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ds22

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lillymon said:
ds22 said:
Lillymon said:
greatfire said:
ds22 said:
well I'm just curious, but is there any possibility that you (or anyone else(or me)) can let pal park work with the english gba games?
It is very easy: Go to offset 0039C168 in a platinum rom, there is a list of serials there that look like this:
Code:
AXVJ....AXVE....AXVF....AXVD....AXVS....AXVI.... 
AXPJ....AXPE....AXPF....AXPD....AXPS....AXPI.... 
BPRJ....BPRE....BPRF....BPRD....BPRS....BPRI.... 
BPGJ....BPGE....BPGF....BPGD....BPGS....BPGI.... 
BPEJ....BPEE....BPEF....BPED....BPES....BPEI....
Each of those serials are from a GBA game and the game uses them to recognize the inserted game in order to trigger the wild pokemon of each version. Now, only the first serial in each row is able to trigger pal park (note that they end in -J meaning Japan), if you swap them with another serial you will be able to trigger pal park with a gba game from another region (E=English, F=French, D=German, S=Spanish, I=Italian)
IE: If you want to use english games:
CODEAXVE....AXVJ....AXVF....AXVD....AXVS....AXVI....
AXPE....AXPJ....AXPF....AXPD....AXPS....AXPI....
BPRE....BPRJ....BPRF....BPRD....BPRS....BPRI....
BPGE....BPGJ....BPGF....BPGD....BPGS....BPGI....
BPEE....BPEJ....BPEF....BPED....BPES....BPEI....
Source: Dr Katts
And how exactly can I do this.
open the platinum rom with hex workshop v5, and than use the find option looking for example "AXVJ"

Does it work with the patched rom?Oh and sorry about yestersday
yaynds.gif
no big deal
yaynds.gif

and if you want to let it work with the patched rom you have to change the rom after you patched it
otherwise you can't get the patch to work anymore with the unpatched and changed rom

sysasysa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you are talking about future patches, I am just curious when will the next one be out.

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The next patch will come out whenever I find time for it. The purpose of the patch was to make the game more playable. Even with the glitches in Canalave City, the game is still very much playable and beatable if you've played through DP- I know because I played it. Therefore, I'm in no rush.

ozling

Trophies
XP
Country
Rykin said:
The next patch will come out whenever I find time for it. The purpose of the patch was to make the game more playable. Even with the glitches in Canalave City, the game is still very much playable and beatable if you've played through DP- I know because I played it. Therefore, I'm in no rush.

Agreed. The section at Torn World - with its puzzle - could benefit from translation. I had no idea what to do there, and only after searching for walkthroughs that I figured you had to move rocks into holes to make it work. I assume that's what Cynthia was telling me.

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Although I have someone working on a translation of the Torn World, I do want to say I was able to figure it out without a walkthrough.

Then again, I may be more experienced at playing basic puzzles.

Cronorei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have a few quick questions

1. Would a save file played with the patch be usable on an unpatched normal Japanese copy? I was thinking about playing the japanese platinum and using the save when the English Platinum comes out since it worked with D and Pearl, but if the patch save file isn't compatible with the normal J game I don't think it'd work with any future english copy.

2. Are the new moves/abilities/forms translated or still in Japanese but work properly?

3. Would a patched platinum save file work with pokesav? I have 38b translation 1.3 specifically. I was thinking about taking my Gardevoir from Pearl and putting it into a box in my platinum file and breeding her. Maybe using her after I get all 8 badges, since I don't think a lvl 100 pokemon with max affection for her old trainer would want to associate with my platinum trainer until then.

4.Also would it be possible to use pokesav to use more than 5 characters in my player name? I'm not sure how that would work out with the memory allocated to player custom names. Though translated pokemon names are showing more than 5 characters just fine, but I haven't caught one to see if custom names are limited to 5 characters or not yet

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Gah, I'm having trouble applying the patch.

Whenever I drag the ROM file onto the .bat, the .bat command prompt appears for a second then closes immediately.

Whoops, never mind. Didn't stick it into C:\. Same problem happened with pre-TWEWY patches. :|

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cronorei said:
I actually have a few quick questions

1. Would a save file played with the patch be usable on an unpatched normal Japanese copy? I was thinking about playing the japanese platinum and using the save when the English Platinum comes out since it worked with D and Pearl, but if the patch save file isn't compatible with the normal J game I don't think it'd work with any future english copy.

2. Are the new moves/abilities/forms translated or still in Japanese but work properly?

3. Would a patched platinum save file work with pokesav? I have 38b translation 1.3 specifically. I was thinking about taking my Gardevoir from Pearl and putting it into a box in my platinum file and breeding her. Maybe using her after I get all 8 badges, since I don't think a lvl 100 pokemon with max affection for her old trainer would want to associate with my platinum trainer until then.

The patch should have no effect on the sav file. It will work for the unpatched japanese game. I know because this is how I do testing. I haven't tested it with pokesav, but it shouldn't have any issues.

Cronorei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'll test out the new platinum version of pokesav once I reach the first pokemon center in this new file I just started. I also just found out there was a platinum specific pokesav, I feel so slow.

ozling

Trophies
XP
Country
Cronorei said:
1. Would a save file played with the patch be usable on an unpatched normal Japanese copy?
I'm copying the save file back and forth between the patched and the full Japanese Rom without problems.

QUOTE3. Would a patched platinum save file work with pokesav?
Search for pokesavplat. Lateset version 0.06 (I think)

Cronorei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh this doesn't seem right at all. This guy in the School in Jubilife was supposed to give me a TM after I beat him but he gave me a potion instead. You might want to look into that, even if the TM is useless. I can't recall what he gave me in Pearl

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Cronorei said:
Oh this doesn't seem right at all. This guy in the School in Jubilife was supposed to give me a TM after I beat him but he gave me a potion instead. You might want to look into that, even if the TM is useless. I can't recall what he gave me in Pearl
Then again, this is Platinum. A lot of things have changed, so maybe he doesn't give out the TM anymore.

duksandfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks v. much for the translaion!

I have a question though, will this save file work with the englsh version of the game when it comes out?
Just wondering because I dont really want to have to play through it twice, and if it wont, then i'd rather stop playing it now (not even got to first gym yet, and with for the english version.

Thanks
duksandfish.

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys should do research on how the Pokemon save files are read/written. Also there's STILL people asking for the next patch?
I am greatly saddened.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
duksandfish said:
Thanks v. much for the translaion!

I have a question though, will this save file work with the englsh version of the game when it comes out?
Just wondering because I dont really want to have to play through it twice, and if it wont, then i'd rather stop playing it now (not even got to first gym yet, and with for the english version.

Thanks
duksandfish.
it's been answered several times already.
altough it's never certain, there's a big chance the save will still work, because in all previous pokemon versions J saves did work on U games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy