ROM Hack Pokémon Platinum - A little more English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ds22 said:
Zyenet said:
This might be able to help you out: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=116370

Not sure if it's for DPPt, or third gen games...
it's for third gen
i want to change the platinum Rom(with patch applied on it) to get real english third gen games to connect with pal park(i'm using a flashcard so thats why i want to do this
mellow.gif
)

if you have a flash card, just import from the eng gba with a us version of diamond or pearl. transfer save of us d/p to pc. us d/p pokesav and export the pokemon as a .pkm file, then copy your plat save to your pc. import the pokemon from its .pkm file using the platinum version of poksav. do not edit the pokemon, and save the file, and copy back to flash card.

ds22

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
KazoWAR said:
ds22 said:
Zyenet said:
This might be able to help you out: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=116370

it's for third gen
i want to change the platinum Rom(with patch applied on it) to get real english third gen games to connect with pal park(i'm using a flashcard so thats why i want to do this
mellow.gif
)

if you have a flash card, just import from the eng gba with a us version of diamond or pearl. transfer save of us d/p to pc. us d/p pokesav and export the pokemon as a .pkm file, then copy your plat save to your pc. import the pokemon from its .pkm file using the platinum version of poksav. do not edit the pokemon, and save the file, and copy back to flash card.
i just don't want to do that all the time, you know
and yes, i have a flashcard

asthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hi can you make a patch only the battle system and the pokemon moves and the pokemon names and the menu and the important stuff only
coz the patch is not that good i only need those actually

Lillymon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ds22 said:
KazoWAR said:
ds22 said:
Zyenet said:

it's for third gen
mellow.gif
)

Then you wont get your pokemon then,I dont think anyone is gonna try to fix this problem for you just because your lazy.Do the method above thats what I do.

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
asthegreat said:
Hi can you make a patch only the battle system and the pokemon moves and the pokemon names and the menu and the important stuff only
coz the patch is not that good i only need those actually

This thread isn't for request.
I'm not going to spend hours revamping the game because someone with one post request me to.

Suggestions are bug fixes are fine, but I'm not making any personal builds.

If the patch annoys you that much- don't use it or make your own.

--A message to this effect will eventually get added to the front page.

ds22

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lillymon said:
ds22 said:
KazoWAR said:
ds22 said:
Zyenet said:

it's for third gen
mellow.gif
)

Then you wont get your pokemon then,I dont think anyone is gonna try to fix this problem for you just because your lazy.Do the method above thats what I do.
i only asked this because i heard from 2 years ago that a group of hackers hacked pokemon diamond (jap) to work with the english gba games
and i'm not lazy for simply asking info about this
mad.gif

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ds22 said:
i only asked this because i heard from 2 years ago that a group of hackers hacked pokemon diamond (jap) to work with the english gba games
and i'm not lazy for simply asking info about this
mad.gif

If you can find any real info on this, I'll look into it.

Sinclaircito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
ozling said:
BUG REPORT:

Using 3.2, and just started playing game yesterday.

1) Got to Canalave City, and first encounter with ferry boat captain. Captain's speech refers to lunarwing and his son's illness already, and then takes you to Iron Island.
2) Psyduck and girl in Canalave City, just left of Pokemon Centre. Speech for psyduck appears on girl, and vice versa.
3) Canalave City, inn north of Pokemon Centre. Sign and door both give blank scripts.

Not sure if reported already.

I had the same problem, now I go to canalave city, speak with the sailor and he says something about the city but he doesn't take my char to iron island (or any island :/)

I think canalave city is the most bugged city with the patch, anyway the game still is playable
tongue.gif
!
rykin, ONLY IF YOU CAN, please fix this bug
smile.gif
, just if you have time to do it
smile.gif

Lillymon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a saving problem every time I start the game and accomplish a lot of stuff i save it and cutt it off.And then when a I decide to play again I start the game and I end up where I was before I accomplished anything.Do you understand?

ozling

Trophies
XP
Country
Lillymon said:
I have a saving problem every time I start the game and accomplish a lot of stuff i save it and cutt it off.And then when a I decide to play again I start the game and I end up where I was before I accomplished anything.Do you understand?
That sounds like your game is not saving and restarting properly. What Slot card are you using?

Lillymon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ozling said:
Lillymon said:
That sounds like your game is not saving and restarting properly. What Slot card are you using?

An R4 some on said I needed a 1mb save file and i downloaded one and its corrupted.

greatfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ds22 said:
well I'm just curious, but is there any possibility that you (or anyone else(or me)) can let pal park work with the english gba games?
It is very easy: Go to offset 0039C168 in a platinum rom, there is a list of serials there that look like this:
Code:
AXVJ....AXVE....AXVF....AXVD....AXVS....AXVI.... 
AXPJ....AXPE....AXPF....AXPD....AXPS....AXPI.... 
BPRJ....BPRE....BPRF....BPRD....BPRS....BPRI.... 
BPGJ....BPGE....BPGF....BPGD....BPGS....BPGI.... 
BPEJ....BPEE....BPEF....BPED....BPES....BPEI....
Each of those serials are from a GBA game and the game uses them to recognize the inserted game in order to trigger the wild pokemon of each version. Now, only the first serial in each row is able to trigger pal park (note that they end in -J meaning Japan), if you swap them with another serial you will be able to trigger pal park with a gba game from another region (E=English, F=French, D=German, S=Spanish, I=Italian)
IE: If you want to use english games:
CODEAXVE....AXVJ....AXVF....AXVD....AXVS....AXVI....
AXPE....AXPJ....AXPF....AXPD....AXPS....AXPI....
BPRE....BPRJ....BPRF....BPRD....BPRS....BPRI....
BPGE....BPGJ....BPGF....BPGD....BPGS....BPGI....
BPEE....BPEJ....BPEF....BPED....BPES....BPEI....
Source: Dr Katts

ds22

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
greatfire said:
ds22 said:
well I'm just curious, but is there any possibility that you (or anyone else(or me)) can let pal park work with the english gba games?
It is very easy: Go to offset 0039C168 in a platinum rom, there is a list of serials there that look like this:
Code:
Each of those serials are from a GBA game and the game uses them to recognize the inserted game in order to trigger the wild pokemon of each version. Now, only the first serial in each row is able to trigger pal park (note that they end in -J meaning Japan), if you swap them with another serial you will be able to trigger pal park with a gba game from another region (E=English, F=French, D=German, S=Spanish, I=Italian)

it works!!!
yaynds.gif

thank you very much greatfire
grog.gif

and thanks to Dr Katts as well

Lillymon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
greatfire said:
ds22 said:
Code:
And how exactly can I do this.

ds22

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lillymon said:
greatfire said:
ds22 said:
Code:
open the platinum rom with hex workshop v5, and than use the find option looking for example "AXVJ"

Lillymon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ds22 said:
Lillymon said:
greatfire said:
ds22 said:
Code:
open the platinum rom with hex workshop v5, and than use the find option looking for example "AXVJ"

Does it work with the patched rom?Oh and sorry about yestersday
yaynds.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: