Hacking Pokemon Pearl/Diamond Saving

1man1dream

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, please post everything that you have used to accomplish Pokemon Pearl and Diamond saving. So far I have spent over 5 hours trying different combinations ranging from re-formatting the Micro SD card to downloading 10 different versions of loaders, patches, romlists and even going out and buying a new Micro SD card >.

1man1dream

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much for uploading it. I extracted everything onto a formatted Micro SD card, then copied the kernel to the core folder, made a folder named saver, and then sent Pokemon Diamond. I booted up my DS and held onto R, then after that I rebooted and it said "First in or not enough power". Could this be a possible hardware error, and if so, please specifiy what you think is wrong. Thanks.

1man1dream

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is EXACTLY what I did:

Formatted to FAT
Extracted the files you gave me to micro sd
Booted up and pressed R
Sent Pokemon Diamond to DS
Tried to save, same error:fail to power up blah blah blah

does the hardware (battery) have anything to do with this?

shaffaaf27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it may be yor battery, but before you go spend liek a fiver on a battery, try downloading the ROM from 5 different sites (becuase it could be a bad upload), and patch it through.

PS DONT EXTRATC ANY FILE TO THE MICRO SD!

ONLY THE ezfla_up.bin WHEN FRSHLY FAT FORMATTED!

then delete it. and patch the rom onto the mictro SD.

1man1dream

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, didn't work. I give up. 3 different Micro SDs, 3 different computers, 3 different card readers, 2 different NDSLs and only 1 of them worked, and that was done by my little brother >.<

Hey, is the battery on the EZIV lite replaceable by the way?

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I had your problem too when I first got mine. I popped it open and realized the battery connector wasnt holding the save battery in place properly (it was partially snapped). Which is why you get that error AND why your games arent saving (because they dont back up to file cause after you power down the battery isnt connected to store it).

You can probably return it or what I did was just lay it on where it should be and soldered it back on. It's been working fine for a long time now.

1man1dream

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for replying, but I don't think it is the battery as I've used 2 different EZIV lite cartridges, and they both save fine with other games =/

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
i had an EZflash V, and i had the same problem. i dont know if it can be done this way, but can u change the type of save ur EZFLASH saves? the EZV lets you set the save type while in file browser mode.

if u can, change it to 4M, then load the game, play, save, turn off, reboot, change it to 4M again, and see if the save's there.

Wuschmaster

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just get the real game
smile.gif

The developers deserve it!
lecture.gif

D

Deleted User

I have an R4, and the first time I tried saving, it didn't work. But after that it worked for some strange reason.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Time spent so far trying to figure this out:5 hours+, restarted the game over 30+ times, last resort for me:Drive 3 hours to Sydney and purchase R4 and prey that it works on that
Sorry to hear that you're having such a hassle with it.
You say you are 3 hours from Sydney.. where abouts are you? I only ask as I'm about 3 hours from Sydney and have it working fine on my EZ4 lite deluxe. Maybe we could meet up if you're not too far and I can help? PM me if you like.

And RAM.. you're asking for a BAN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la