ROM Hack Pokemon Origin Platinum

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is gonna be a badass Hack Lazerith :yaynds:

Thank you. I do apologize that I haven't been able to do very much since school started. I want to be able to finish Version 1.5 sometime soon so that I can make version 2.0 over winter break.
I wil hear when 1.5 comes out in the mean time i'm gonna play as far as can

Version 1.5 focuses mostly on post-arceus content like challenge trainers from previous games. Trying to think of anything else I could add.

But if I get the time, I will go through and balance the levels of pokemon that you find via surfing and fishing. It bothers me that in an area very far in the game, you'll fish and find level 10 pokemon while your pokemon are level 50+. I want to change that.

However, version 2.0, when I get the chance to make it, will not be an easy conversion unless you are over-leveled, as version 2.0 will be hard mode. When V2.0 comes out, Standard mode will still be V1.5, and Hard mode will be V2.0.

V1.5 will also take a while because it will need to be fully tested. I am changing a lot of scripting in the game, and as we saw with this hack's initial launch, there were a lot of random freezes that started happening in areas that I didn't change anything with the script.

Once I finish up the changes with V1.5, I will need to either test through myself, or have someone test the game for me.

Also, anytime you have an idea for a reference to put in, please feel free to suggest it. I haven't been putting any new references in lately simply because I cannot think of any good ones.
I will think about a idea, is it possible to put fakemon or 5th gen pokemon in the game?

Yes but from what i've heard it's a pain in the neck to to so. Overall that's just something I don't really feel the need to do.

Wii15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is gonna be a badass Hack Lazerith :yaynds:

Thank you. I do apologize that I haven't been able to do very much since school started. I want to be able to finish Version 1.5 sometime soon so that I can make version 2.0 over winter break.
I wil hear when 1.5 comes out in the mean time i'm gonna play as far as can

Version 1.5 focuses mostly on post-arceus content like challenge trainers from previous games. Trying to think of anything else I could add.

But if I get the time, I will go through and balance the levels of pokemon that you find via surfing and fishing. It bothers me that in an area very far in the game, you'll fish and find level 10 pokemon while your pokemon are level 50+. I want to change that.

However, version 2.0, when I get the chance to make it, will not be an easy conversion unless you are over-leveled, as version 2.0 will be hard mode. When V2.0 comes out, Standard mode will still be V1.5, and Hard mode will be V2.0.

V1.5 will also take a while because it will need to be fully tested. I am changing a lot of scripting in the game, and as we saw with this hack's initial launch, there were a lot of random freezes that started happening in areas that I didn't change anything with the script.

Once I finish up the changes with V1.5, I will need to either test through myself, or have someone test the game for me.

Also, anytime you have an idea for a reference to put in, please feel free to suggest it. I haven't been putting any new references in lately simply because I cannot think of any good ones.
I will think about a idea, is it possible to put fakemon or 5th gen pokemon in the game?

Yes but from what i've heard it's a pain in the neck to to so. Overall that's just something I don't really feel the need to do.
Ok, i thought about a a Cyrus return after catching arceus and that he has a special pokemon or something but if that's too difficult to get complete I understand

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I can. I haven't really put in any stories for the kanto gym leaders or previous champions, because I can't really think of any. But one of the challenge trainers I did make a story for, and if I put Cyrus in, I would do the same.

Though, the only possible story I can think of for Cyrus would require map editing and importing, which is something I do not know how to do. So for now, Cyrus as a challenge trainer is a no go.

Wii15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I can. I haven't really put in any stories for the kanto gym leaders or previous champions, because I can't really think of any. But one of the challenge trainers I did make a story for, and if I put Cyrus in, I would do the same.

Though, the only possible story I can think of for Cyrus would require map editing and importing, which is something I do not know how to do. So for now, Cyrus as a challenge trainer is a no go.
Hmmm ok. I will see what the challenge trainers are gonna be

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the kanto gym leaders are challenge trainers as well. I'm just saying that I've really only added one challenge trainer that has a story.

Most challenge trainers might be slightly easy, seeing as most of them are comprised of the same type. But some of them will be a little bit harder due to not having the same exact type for each pokemon.

Closet Nerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love this hack so far.

The game freezes/goes black on me in mt.coronet after moving on from the level with 2 team galactic guys and the (hidden) rare candy. This is after 7 gyms and doing the lake battles/team galactic warehouse battles.

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love this hack so far.

The game freezes/goes black on me in mt.coronet after moving on from the level with 2 team galactic guys and the (hidden) rare candy. This is after 7 gyms and doing the lake battles/team galactic warehouse battles.

Thank you for telling me this.

I found this freeze as well while I was trying to test the flag that Arceus sets once you catch him that is used to activate the challenge trainers. I wasn't sure if it was in the current downloadable version or not, so I am glad someone got far enough to see it, otherwise I would not have known yet.

Is it the freeze that happens just two rooms before the summit(You climb the stairs to the left and it freezes)?

I tried to fix this, and no matter what I did I could not fix it. This will be one of the biggest issues that I will need to fix with V1.5. It seems to be as bad of a freeze as the cycling road freeze that I had to fix earlier on.

The cycling road freeze was a pain in the ass to fix as well. I literally had to get a brand new platinum rom, import some narc files, and go in through each map one by one and copying all the scripts to fix. That took a while.

Since it isn't an easy to fix freeze and requires a good amount of time to fix, I probably won't be able to fix this particular freeze for this version. But I will make sure this freeze is fixed for version 1.5. For V1.5, I will make a quick run through the game, this time doing it all the way until at least Elite 4 completion.

Since all of the new additions to V1.5 will have to do with post-arceus content, there won't be any changes that you have missed, so once it comes out you will easily be able to switch over.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Closet Nerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love this hack so far.

I found this freeze as well while I was trying to test the flag that Arceus sets once you catch him that is used to activate the challenge trainers. I wasn't sure if it was in the current downloadable version or not, so I am glad someone got far enough to see it, otherwise I would not have known yet.

Is it the freeze that happens just two rooms before the summit(You climb the stairs to the left and it freezes)?

I tried to fix this, and no matter what I did I could not fix it. This will be one of the biggest issues that I will need to fix with V1.5. It seems to be as bad of a freeze as the cycling road freeze that I had to fix earlier on.

The cycling road freeze was a pain in the ass to fix as well. I literally had to get a brand new platinum rom, import some narc files, and go in through each map one by one and copying all the scripts to fix. That took a while.

Since it isn't an easy to fix freeze and requires a good amount of time to fix, I probably won't be able to fix this particular freeze for this version. But I will make sure this freeze is fixed for version 1.5. For V1.5, I will make a quick run through the game, this time doing it all the way until at least Elite 4 completion.

Since all of the new additions to V1.5 will have to do with post-arceus content, there won't be any changes that you have missed, so once it comes out you will easily be able to switch over.

To be a little more specific, the freeze happens in a room with 2 floors, 1 galactic guy on the first floor before the first stairs, then on the second floor there is a galactic guy to the left (just before the stairs where it freezes when I enter). The rare candy is slightly to the right on the second floor.

Interesting about the cycling road freeze. That is the only area where I purposely avoided a couple trainers for no reason other than laziness. I did not have any issues in this area of the game.

Looking forword for v1.5. :yay:

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love this hack so far.

To be a little more specific, the freeze happens in a room with 2 floors, 1 galactic guy on the first floor before the first stairs, then on the second floor there is a galactic guy to the left (just before the stairs where it freezes when I enter). The rare candy is slightly to the right on the second floor.

Interesting about the cycling road freeze. That is the only area where I purposely avoided a couple trainers for no reason other than laziness. I did not have any issues in this area of the game.

Looking forword for v1.5. :yay:

See, when I found the freeze, I was testing the post-arceus codes(the freeze wasn't there earlier on when developing the hack), so Team Galactic was no longer there. But it was one of the last rooms in Mt. Coronet before Spear pillar. The following picture is of the room that the freeze occurs. Once you go up the bottom steps it happens.

mtcoronet6f.png

Cycling Road was fixed a little while back. It posed as much of a problem as the Mt. Coronet Freeze, but since it was early on in the game, it was much worse. But basically the Cycling Road freeze had to do with both Cycling Road as well as Route 206. If you entered cycling road from Eterna City's south gate, the game would freeze in the exact same manner as the freeze in Mt. Coronet. If you entered Route 206 from just north of Oreburgh City, it would simply freeze and you wouldn't be able to move but you would still hear music. If you tried to rename your save file and run it through a regular Platinum Rom, it would work. However, if you did that, saved on route 206 or cycling road, quit, renamed your save back to the origin platinum save, and open origin platinum and loaded the file, it would freeze on a black screen.

With the Cycling Road freeze, I couldn't simply fix it by just going in and adding a simple line of scripting. I had to completely copy the narcs over except for the script narc, and then go through area by area copying the scripts. That is what I will have to do with the Mt. Coronet freeze as well, which is why this won't be fixed until V1.5.

However, if you do wish to progress in your game and would like to not have to wait for V1.5 to do so, just save right before the freeze, rename your .sav file and open it via a regular platinum rom. If the freeze I am talking about is the same freeze you are talking about, just run the regular platinum rom until you are at at least spear pillar(2 rooms later) and save. You could also do it until the distortion world. Then save and rename it back to origin platinum and run it with the origin platinum rom. Make sure you do not fight Giratina with the regular platinum rom. This is because in Origin Platinum, Giratina holds the Griseous orb, and the orb in Turnback Cave has been replaced. So if for some reason you catch Giratina while you are still running the regular platinum rom, you will not be able to get the Griseous orb in Origin Platinum

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm. When I'm about to battle the two grunts at the peak of Mt.Coronet the game freezes. Please help. Thank you :)

Please see this post. http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4393598

If you would like to progress without having to wait for V1.5, load your save using the normal platinum rom, get to either the peak or distortion world, save, then load the save using Origin Platinum.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience. This freeze is just as hard to fix as the cycling road freeze that I had to deal with a while back.

Cony211939

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds like an awesome modification, but the download links are broken, as the files are invalid. Could you re-upload them please?

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds like an awesome modification, but the download links are broken, as the files are invalid. Could you re-upload them please?

The downloads are still up and the links work perfectly fine. I've been working on V1.5, and since that is almost done, that will be the next thing I will upload.

Current Progress:

Challenge Trainers Added: 19 out of 20

Once the last challenge trainer is added, I will go through each of them again and make any changes I need to their pokemon and movesets. Afterward, I need to do a quick playthrough and make sure the game doesn't freeze.

Gold011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
this seems very good and interesting, hope you get to release v1.5 soon, by the way, is everything edited up to the 7th gym or is just the freeze that doesn't allow you to continue and everything is edited including elite 4 and champion?, anyways, if i ever reach to the freeze part, i will use the original platinum rom and then the hacked rom as you said some posts back, i'll tell you if there is any problem/bugs after doing that

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this seems very good and interesting, hope you get to release v1.5 soon, by the way, is everything edited up to the 7th gym or is just the freeze that doesn't allow you to continue and everything is edited including elite 4 and champion?, anyways, if i ever reach to the freeze part, i will use the original platinum rom and then the hacked rom as you said some posts back, i'll tell you if there is any problem/bugs after doing that

The entire game is edited, just not bug fixed. The current version that is out has only one problem so far: It freezes in Mt. Coronet when going to the summit. It freezes when you try to go to the very last room before the summit. This can be bypassed by simply saving, switching to a regular platinum rom, going through the next room and getting to the summit, saving, then loading back the Origin Platinum rom.

So far I have not heard of any problems other than that, even after telling people to bypass it for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...