Pokemon Origin Platinum

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Lazerith, Aug 13, 2012.

1. clai

clai Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2016
    United States
    Was anyone else able to get to the post-game fight area/resort area? I've had this game for a couple years now and I love it, but my game would always freeze trying to get there. If anyone has a workaround or fix, it would be much appreciated... It's the only thing stopping this game from being a good game to a perfect game.

EDIT: Found a fix guys!!!! from this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-301747.html

Here is the direct link to the unofficial Origin Platinum v1.51: https://mega.nz/#!qhpBWJjI!DAK-YU7xMYc0iIYiSnQACIPfrStE33bW1W_k67fG2qs

Just replace it with the old origin platinum xdelta file and repatch and you should be good to go! Working flawlessly for me right now!

So now I want to thank Lazerith for making such an amazing hack, and my favorite experience to date!

Last edited by clai, Jun 4, 2016
    P_2000 likes this.
  2. Arno Fernandez

Arno Fernandez Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2016
    Is there any Emulator for Pc to play this game ?

3. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    any DS emulator o3o

4. Arno Fernandez

Arno Fernandez Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2016
    Can u share working emulator for pc i tried Desmume its not working

5. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    sorry I don't play on emulator :x
    Try no$gba

6. 14CMackin

14CMackin Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2016
    I used this patcher but got 'invalid imput' I need help

7. Lazerith
    OP

Lazerith GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2012
    United States
    Wow... It has been a long time... Between not being able to fix these issues, busy with school stuff, and various other things in life, I ended up basically abandoning this project and falling out of the hacking scene completely.

I want to thank you for finding this unofficial patch. I'll have to edit it into the original post.

Actually... I'm interested in getting back into the Pokemon hacking scene again, and continue working on a project that I started after making Origin Platinum...

But once again. Thank you

P_2000 likes this.
  8. P_2000

P_2000 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2016
    Canada
    That's great! But i cant figure out how to patch it. I just patched using 1.4 several months ago before this unofficial patch but i can't seem to get it. I put in the original platinum clean rom i have saved and patched in the 1.51.xdelta using xdeltapatcher or whatever. Still nothing. Are you suppose to somehow replace the new unofficial addition with the old 1.4 patch?

EDIT: Just so some of you know, i got it working. Just used a newer/different version of the xDeltapatcher. Works fine! File size of the unofficial 1.51 is a megabyte lower than the official 1.4, not sure why but must not be any big deal at all (im probably wasting my time writing this since no one is going to reply).

Last edited by P_2000, Nov 14, 2016
    nickdos likes this.
  9. nickdos

nickdos Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2015
    Greece
    I got you fam

10. nickdos

nickdos Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2015
    Greece
    Just how much text has been changed? I am fine with changing irrelevant stuff but sometimes NPCs may say insightful things about whatever, I don't want to miss them on my final playthrough of the older games.

11. Lazerith
    OP

Lazerith GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2012
    United States
    It was mainly useless stuff like certain NPC's that would say "My favorite Pokemon is Pikachu" or something like that.

12. Bidoof_Is_Top_Tier

Bidoof_Is_Top_Tier Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    United States
    Hey Lazerith, I have a question. I am interested in your hack, but I am running a mac. I am using MultiPatch to apply the v1.51 of Pokemon Origin Platinum, but I need a rom that will work with it. Any idea where I could get one that would work with mac? Btw, 4th gen was my childhood, one of the first games I ever played was Platinum. Thanks!

13. MCGRaven

MCGRaven Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2017
    Germany
    Could somebody reup the patch for 1.51? That'd be amazing

14. Lunos

Lunos GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    There's no need to because the official links in the main post are still working correctly.

Attached Files:

• OP1.png
      OP1.png
      File size:
      100.9 KB
      Views:
    • OP2.png
      OP2.png
      File size:
      100.1 KB
      Views:
  15. MCGRaven

MCGRaven Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2017
    Germany
    That is because those are not what i am looking for. I asked for the unofficial 1.51 Patch which the link for is dead. The working links are 1.4 which are still alive but not in fact what i asked for

16. r00l3z

r00l3z Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2017
    Greece
    I also need the v1.51 patch, the links are dead. I searched for hours in the internet, have not found any working link for this patch. Please someone re-upload it!

17. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    I have the official version, would like to have the unofficial version though.

18. Rokku

Rokku GBAtemp Fan

Oct 4, 2010
    United States
  19. DeadSkullzJr

Sep 28, 2017
    United States
  20. DeadSkullzJr

Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    This doesn't work. I checked my ROM to make sure it was clean and untrimmed (I personally dumped it via GodMode9), sure enough it was clean, I even compared it to a database showing checksums and what not. Something is wrong with the patch.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice