DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey all as you've probably found out from HERE EDGE firmware version 1.9 has been released and it fixes various games (some not mentoined in the change log) the games more "important" to myself both Pokemon HG/SS and Sonic Classic Collection.

HOWEVER

Pokemon HG/SS - fixes the Freezing issue COMPLETELY (I've been playing ALL day and not had 1 single freeze probably well over 100 different events no freeze) BUT when you save your game make sure you save TWICE

sometimes when you load the game up the latest save is "corrupted" BUT HG/SS have a nifty little feature that reverts you to the save BEFORE your latest save (the corrupted one) so it reverts back to the last working save (note there is only 1 .sav file no backups e.c.t. needed) so to prevent yourself from getting a corrupted save file and having to do everything from the last working save again save TWICE (if your picky save more than twice
tongue.gif
)

I have tested this on both HG and SS it happens in both but saving twice fixed the issue completely (so far atleast).

hope this warning helps you all to keep your save files
wink.gif

A4NoOb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean it is a problem on the CycloDS as well, or is it just EDGE exclusive?
Wondering if they'll fix it.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A4NoOb said:
Does this mean it is a problem on the CycloDS as well, or is it just EDGE exclusive?
Wondering if they'll fix it.

it is possible the same problem exists on for cyclo users aswell if your unsure just double save simples
smile.gif

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
hey all as you've probably found out from HERE EDGE firmware version 1.9 has been released and it fixes various games (some not mentoined in the change log) the games more "important" to myself both Pokemon HG/SS and Sonic Classic Collection.

HOWEVER

Pokemon HG/SS - fixes the Freezing issue COMPLETELY (I've been playing ALL day and not had 1 single freeze probably well over 100 different events no freeze) BUT when you save your game make sure you save TWICE

sometimes when you load the game up the latest save is "corrupted" BUT HG/SS have a nifty little feature that reverts you to the save BEFORE your latest save (the corrupted one) so it reverts back to the last working save (note there is only 1 .sav file no backups e.c.t. needed) so to prevent yourself from getting a corrupted save file and having to do everything from the last working save again save TWICE (if your picky save more than twice
tongue.gif
)

I have tested this on both HG and SS it happens in both but saving twice fixed the issue completely (so far atleast).

hope this warning helps you all to keep your save files
wink.gif
are ou on an edge or an iEdge? SS or HG? I haven't had a corrupted save yet with EDGE 1.9 and SS.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All with SoulSilver and latest firmware and 2 cheats (4x experience and 100% catch):

I have experienced a corrupted save on my EDGE/NDSL. I lost about 15 min of play.
I experienced a worse corrupted save on my CycloDS EVO. I could not load any save at all.
I had to reformat and reinstall everything,

I am now playing on my AK2i/NDSi. No problems at all.

Over 26 hours total playtime - 1 freeze on AK2i, none on EDGE or EVO, 1 save problem on EDGE,
1 save disaster on EVO.

I have preordered a DSi XL and an iEDGE.

lecture.gif
grog.gif

edit - typo

Wugger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the warning, but the only time this has happened to me was when I accidently dropped the DS while playing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu