Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tom133t said:
Artix said:
NTAuthority said:
Well, there can be enough differences between a emulated cartridge and the real game, the Pokewalker transmitter likely being one of them.
wink.gif
Except... you don't have to carry the dumb thing around when playing, right?

Say I lost mine. Or trashed it. Would my copy not work?
[If so that's fucking dumb. Or is there like a required one time of doing it, with which it confirms?]

I doubt it, and if there was, the next version of Pokesav would have a "Pokewalker Synced?" checkbox.

Thing is: there are 2 transmitters, one in the cartridge and one in the walker-thingy. Even if you ionize your walker, the transmitter in your cartridge is still there.
And maybe that's the true catch: there's some flagging somewhere for 'WalkerThingyIRTransmitter = 1?', where it gives you a '0' in a flashcart and all dies. But that wouldn't explain why Acecard is still working...

Well, it's a theory [and a quite smart flagpoint, if that's the thing]

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
shadeselfen said:
shadeselfen said:
I wonder what Wataru is thinking right about now?

considering he had the best HGSS translation out at the time

anyways, I'm thinking the AP is linked to the IR, maybe it has a checker? (do X number of "events", check IR, comes back negative, PIRATE ALERT!! RUN CRASH CODE!) maybe finding the trigger for the IR will help...

I dunno, I'm not a programmer/hacker/etc

re-asking this due to spammers clogging up the thread with useless talk, and i want to know if its been looked into already
I asked this earlier but i don't think anyone looked into it.

Artix

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
CyrusBlue said:
139 going on 140 pages and you have yet to accomplish anything.

Good work guys.
Not need to be a smug dickhole, some people here have tried a fuckton of different codes and actually made attempts at cracking this while you sat there stroking your ego.

xGrAffitix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, is there a way to 'replace' the anti-piracy with a weaker one? Sounds like a stupid question, I know, but I haven't seen anyone else ask yet. Like, there were one or two games that's coming out after pokemon, which I assume one or two have weaker restrictions, since they aren't so popular. Is it possible to use the AP from another game, and put it on to the pokemon one? -Dares to ask the impossible, bwahaha!-

Blooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
xGrAffitix said:
Just curious, is there a way to 'replace' the anti-piracy with a weaker one? Sounds like a stupid question, I know, but I haven't seen anyone else ask yet. Like, there were one or two games that's coming out after pokemon, which I assume one or two have weaker restrictions, since they aren't so popular. Is it possible to use the AP from another game, and put it on to the pokemon one? -Dares to ask the impossible, bwahaha!-

Sounds unlikely. I'm no pro, but it seems the AP is attached to the very code of the game itself, in a way that makes it 'unique' for that game.

Furrygamer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If they could "replace" the AP, they would know where the AP is and thus isolate the problem and find a solution. I think anyways that is right. So if they could replace it, they would not need to replace it....right?

poochie3429

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xGrAffitix said:

i don't think people have found the AP yet .

some people were looking for the event counter .
they wanted to set it for 6000+ events .

xGrAffitix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Furrygamer said:
If they could "replace" the AP, they would know where the AP is and thus isolate the problem and find a solution. I think anyways that is right. So if they could replace it, they would not need to replace it....right?

Well, I'm not a programmer. Far from it, but I was thinking about this since someone mentioned the Ace Attorney crap. I mean, if they can use a file from a totally different game to get past some of the anti-piracy, then hey, as dumb as it is, it's some minor progress. Lol.

ZackVee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Furrygamer said:

What if someone were to add AP that didn't work well with the current AP, couldn't that cause some sort of reaction that we could in turn find the original AP?

barbseven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
atenzor said:
Gaftog said:
atenzor said:
I have the right to shutdown this website with my hacking techniques, so watch who you're talking to!

How to shut down GBAtemp: Unpack the website and delete T3H GURU file.
Recompile.
Brix everywhere.
Maybe i need to put my words into action...

uhuh, and how you gonna do that mate? you don't seem to bright, "you have the right to shutdown this website with your hacking techniques" you know what we call people like you here In my country, "dead-set tossa's", I beleive the only way you, yourself could bring down this site, is if you were drink driving, and just happened to crash into the building that was housing the server that this site was using, we dont need your empty threats clogging up this thread, die in a hole!

Furrygamer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here is how we fix the AP quick and easy. First we go to agrabah to find the Genie voiced by Robin Williams......

Okay now for the plan for the folks not living in the land of delusion. Wait and it shall come, look at the Christians, they have waited a long time for Jesus and haven't realized he is a Mexican dude in Mexico.

poochie3429

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
barbseven said:
atenzor said:
Gaftog said:
atenzor said:
I have the right to shutdown this website with my hacking techniques, so watch who you're talking to!

How to shut down GBAtemp: Unpack the website and delete T3H GURU file.
Recompile.
Brix everywhere.
Maybe i need to put my words into action...

uhuh, and how you gonna do that mate? you don't seem to bright, "you have the right to shutdown this website with your hacking techniques" you know what we call people like you here In my country, "dead-set tossa's", I beleive the only way you, yourself could bring down this site, is if you were drink driving, and just happened to crash into the building that was housing the server that this site was using, we dont need your empty threats clogging up this thread, die in a hole!

*facepalm*

Userman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was posted on a different site if it does anything

Pokemon HeartGold (U) black screen fix code:
020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

Pokemon Soul Silver (U) black screen fix code:
020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

Robedom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k, you guys are all speaking of crazy, almost outworldly ideas. There is one thing that needs to be done, and one thing only, we need to find the coding within the rom that is causing the game to freeze, aka AP (Anti-Piracy). Once this is identified, it will be neutralized. And thus the AP Patch will be born. None of this trying to find other stuff that reacts with this AP bullsh*t. Just wait until the hex editors can figure out which line(s) of code are causing the random freezing.

ZackVee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Userman said:

020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

Pokemon Soul Silver (U) black screen fix code:
020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

Has been posted 20+ times in this thread alone.

holoflame

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Userman said:

020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000