mdyer94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ccgriffith said:
Mana94 said:
Guys be patient! Do you remember bowser's inside story? We thought that game was IMPOSSIBLE!! It had so many different offsets and it was just crazy. Look now, it has a great working patch that allows you to play it fine. Calm down, we are all working with hex editors all all kinds of annoying programs to figure this out. It's barely been 2 days since the release of the rom so calm down. A patch will definately be developed by tommorow or early monday.

Why can't people be more like that?

People need to learn some damn patience, and not be so demanding.

I mean, damn, they're right now (kinda) getting away with not paying for the game, and eventually WILL COMPLETELY get away with it.

Swallow it, for pete's dragon's sake.
Not to mention the game hasn't even been sold in America yet.

banditkeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TheReadDude said:
Working on Roms is usually a very thankless job. People keep on pushing you harder for something they're not willing to pay for, and in the end, give you an extremely shallow thank you then forget that you exist.

Anyways, a friend of mine brought up something to me, and I'm starting to wonder. Could it be possible that the game itself could have dummy code that the AP is constantly searching for with the event countdown as the first trigger?

So you mean to say Removing said dummy code=disabling AP?
Assuming there IS one and you can locate it...

Mana94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BigBear3 said:
Mana94 said:
Guys be patient! Do you remember bowser's inside story? We thought that game was IMPOSSIBLE!! It had so many different offsets and it was just crazy. Look now, it has a great working patch that allows you to play it fine. Calm down, we are all working with hex editors all all kinds of annoying programs to figure this out. It's barely been 2 days since the release of the rom so calm down. A patch will definately be developed by tommorow or early monday.
How long did Bowser's Inside Story take?

I have no idea. I'm new around these parts.
2-3-4 days I believe. I don't remember, it wasn't that long tho.
This game actually hasn't been being worked on that long.
We just started today.

People have been sitting here all day like that's magically gonna make it come faster.
So in DEV time, it's been 1 day of work on this. Tomorrow will make day 2 and a half of teh crackage

Chawls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edes said:
ambitous21 said:
i agree with this thread..
at least have a place where people can talk and discuss about it..
isnt this the point of a forum?
even though not a lot of us are skillful enough to be the ones that patch it,
at least we can talk and discuss about it
A chat room would also be nice...

I invite anyone of value:

http://tinychat.com/hgssaproom

BigBear3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, well good luck.
smile.gif
I'll check in tomorrow.

TheReadDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banditkeith said:
So you mean to say Removing said dummy code=disabling AP?
Assuming there IS one and you can locate it...

Some games are made with dummy codes for the purpose of AP. If the dummy code was removed when the game was being recompiled from a cart to a file, then the AP would be looking for something that isn't there at all. If there's something that Acekard has figured out (intentional or unintentional), wouldn't it be worthwhile to figure out just what they're doing different than everybody else?

I'm not saying that this could be the problem, I'm just putting this idea out for those who are actively working on it.

NeoHack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah people you all need to relax!
I mean,really it is Pokemon were talking about! You think this game will pass on trough hacker's history with being the ONLY game not cracked for the DS? C'mon people just relax and wait,I wasnt even thinking they wouldnt fix the Rom,the guys just need time! That's all of it!
Haste makes waste as they say eh?!
gbasp.gif

banditkeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't remember if this was suggested or if it works this way but..
SoulDragon saying he is comparing the hex of the (F) version and (U) version made me think that would it be better to compare the clean rom of a (J) version and just note the different code since the AP was changed and everything else should be the same (?)

I think I probably made such a noob comment I don't realize it but yea...

Souldragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
banditkeith said:
SoulDragon saying he is comparing the hex of the (F) version and (U) version made me think that would it be better to compare the clean rom of a (J) version and just note the different code since the AP was changed and everything else should be the same (?)

There many thing that is the same and change but it may not be the hex issues since the game run perfectly fine.. it might just be the DMA over 8bits crash.

Took a look at the hex and there are over at least 100 hex values is the same due to the text character etc.. like for example. Header hex is the same but instead of a E its a F for the french version

Eruonen

Trophies
Website
autotox.in
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guys, these webchats you are linking to are all pretty awful. IRC is much better for this.
The server is irc2.gbatemp.net:5190 and the channel #HGSS

For the folk who don't know how to use IRC, go here:
http://wbeuk.mibbit.com/?server=irc2.gbate...channel=%23HGSS

If you do not contribute, you will get muted. I'm hoping we can get some actual discussion going on here.

TheReadDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banditkeith said:

With the Time Difference from the (J) version and the (U) version, Nintendo would have had more than enough time to develop an even better AP, and possibly change a few things within the game itself. You have to consider that Nintendo may have been watching the communities hacking the (J) version, learned from it, then made things harder for the teams to break with the upcoming releases.

It is a good idea, but I have a feeling that it may have already been done.

hannahbailey2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eruonen said:
Guys, these webchats you are linking to are all pretty awful. IRC is much better for this.
The server is irc2.gbatemp.net:5190 and the channel #HGSS

For the folk who don't know how to use IRC, go here:
http://wbeuk.mibbit.com/?server=irc2.gbate...channel=%23HGSS

If you do not contribute, you will get muted. I'm hoping we can get some actual discussion going on here.

It won't let me in, says I'm reconnecting too fast, even though I didn't connect in the first place =/

And yeah, the other chat is full of trolls
frown.gif

Olly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing this game for a while now (about 7 hours play time), and these are the things which I have noticed:

1. I alternate my firmware between the newest M3 Real one and the newest Sakura. They work the same way, which includes a moderately playable game until Whitney and then annoying freezes.
2. The Japanese version and the US one are different games. Anybody that's made it to Goldenrod and stepped into the game corner can confirm this. You /will not/ be able to use the patch which fixed the other version, and people have been trying over and over again to do so.

Now, mind you, I've read through all 107 (at the time that I'm posting) pages of this thread. Telling people to stay on topic is just as off topic as chatting about other things.

Before posting that the game works perfectly, people should beat the third gym. That's when you can really tell.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm....on no$gba, every time i enter/exit a building, on task manager, it says no$ is taking up more and more ram...EVERY SINGLE TIME...could it be that the DS phat/lite+flashcart ram can't handle the game? My sis's DSi with r4i-sdhc works flawlessly without any modification to the rom.

banditkeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Souldragon said:
banditkeith said:

There many thing that is the same and change but it may not be the hex issues since the game run perfectly fine.. it might just be the DMA over 8bits crash.

Took a look at the hex and there are over at least 100 hex values is the same due to the text character etc.. like for example. Header hex is the same but instead of a E its a F for the french version

Ahh..right...And when you mean DMA over 8bit crash... Would it be a problem with the dumping or and issue caused with the AP?
Chances are there is no AP at all but a dumping error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol