Not open for further replies.

anng12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R1kk1 said:
I gotta get me some sleep. I wish you all the best of luck cracking this thing guys. Don't let a bunch of numbers and letters get the better of you!
biggrin.gif
NO!
Don' sleep

i want patchy nowy

Souldragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
daxtsu said:
Still freezes even with all of the 00 00 00 00 46s removed, so I'm thinking it's not related to this memory location. How did you come to that conclusion, anyway? Just curious.

I came to the conclusion that the 00 00 00 00 46 may be the AP due to the fact that in the ARM 9 Memory Dumper.. The offset of 04000600 which is the GXSTAT do a squences set of number between 02 08 00 86 / 00 00 00 46 / 00 00 00 86

02 08 00 86 is load when you go into a loading screen aka walking in and out the door.

00 00 00 86 is always there when something finish loading

00 00 00 46 display only after 02 08 00 86 then it go back to 00 00 00 86

now with the GXSTAT.. I have encounter the DMA memory over 8bit thing trying to modify it.

In theory.. if 00 00 00 46 some how went over 8 bits it suppose to stay. I may cause the black screen.

banditkeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
flatoutvincent said:
when you guys are counting "events" are u counting going in and out as 1 or 2?

Everytime you load a map, it's counted as an "event"
So for example, Going in a PokeCenter is considered 1 and then going out again would be considered ANOTHER 1

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to locate codes regarding the IR and try to temper around there? I have this gut feeling that it could be something to do with it becasue all these issues were not in the previous Pokemon games..Then again I could be completely off the mark considering I have no clue about codes and programming

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
banditkeith said:
flatoutvincent said:

So for example, Going in a PokeCenter is considered 1 and then going out again would be considered ANOTHER 1

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to locate codes regarding the IR and try to temper around there? I have this gut feeling that it could be something to do with it becasue all these issues were not in the previous Pokemon games..Then again I could be completely off the mark considering I have no clue about codes and programming

i think its the lack of IR hardware too
they must have put IR based AP in since the JP one

If any of you 389 Guests has a idea register and post.

banditkeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
alexandrewz said:
What IR means?

InfraRed.. It was added to the HeartGold SoulSilver carts for the use of the PokeWalker
I wonder with the absence of the IR.. Would it be impossible for it to be patched?
I fear that we might be on the losing end this time
frown.gif

baldymcbald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banditkeith said:
flatoutvincent said:

ive already tried this myself i used 2 be a hlaf decent programer bout5-6years ago bakc then i only dealt wth 8/16bit addresses there is a lot to search through as of now ive noticed two things that i have mentioned which no1 has looked into
first that there are numerous addresses in active memory on arm9 on the disassembler that report that they are still trying to calculate information these could be whats causing the freeze and 2 that the freeze does occur at an 8bit level as everytime the emulator reports that there has been an overflow of data at an 8bit address nowthen these overloads of an 8 bit address can be the whole reason for the freezes as to the fact that they do happen at various times and at random intervals it seems that we may not be dealing with an ap as we believe but a error in the rom itself that is caused when an error in memory the overflow of data occurs this could be that the 8bit address that is been overloaded should have been a 16bit address and the emulators/flashcards systems are reading it at an 8bit rather then a 16 is there any way that you can set the address to read as a 16bit address rather then an 8bit address

banditkeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vidar said:
If there was AP based on the IR, wouldn't it also be in the JP release?

Well... They probably were more greedy with the US release knowing that it has a wider market base so they only implemented it here.. They probably didn't think of it during the JP release.
Then again...this IS all speculation...

Robedom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has nothing to do with the IR addition. If it did, AKAIO wouldn't be able to run the rom either.

banditkeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
baldymcbald said:
banditkeith said:
flatoutvincent said:

ive already tried this myself i used 2 be a hlaf decent programer bout5-6years ago bakc then i only dealt wth 8/16bit addresses there is a lot to search through as of now ive noticed two things that i have mentioned which no1 has looked into
first that there are numerous addresses in active memory on arm9 on the disassembler that report that they are still trying to calculate information these could be whats causing the freeze and 2 that the freeze does occur at an 8bit level as everytime the emulator reports that there has been an overflow of data at an 8bit address nowthen these overloads of an 8 bit address can be the whole reason for the freezes as to the fact that they do happen at various times and at random intervals it seems that we may not be dealing with an ap as we believe but a error in the rom itself that is caused when an error in memory the overflow of data occurs this could be that the 8bit address that is been overloaded should have been a 16bit address and the emulators/flashcards systems are reading it at an 8bit rather then a 16 is there any way that you can set the address to read as a 16bit address rather then an 8bit address

Okay..that was all gibberish to me :wtf:
I see SoulDragon is still at this thread...Maybe he can figure something out with you guys.. Good Luck!

baldymcbald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ctr3k said:
Vidar said:
If there was AP based on the IR, wouldn't it also be in the JP release?
not necessarily they might have added it just for the USA release
note it has been 6months in 6months the adaptability of computers can change exponentially so coding can be far more complex
think back untill 3 years ago the max in programing was still at 32bit now its reached 128bit computers and technology has the ability to "evolve" beyond our wildest dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure if that or RC Pro AM was my favorite NES racing game... hmmmm