ROM Hack Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darcangel

Lovely Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
HBK said:
darcangel said:
HBK said:
1 hour, lost to Falkner no freeze yet.
please post te version you are using, and maybe a download link

Well I use both in one, like you can choose which one you wanna use when you boot. I mean, YSMenu is 1.17 but TTMenu not sure since I always use YS. Just tried to use TTMenu now and it's working quite well.
so copy from you MS and upload the TTmenu you are using

Komalis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
66 event and froze with Supercard DS One I with 2 bagde (OS : EOS 1.0 EN)

Why it's not 24 ? U_u

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
baldymcbald said:
i took a break and analyzed what is known so far now then the glitch occurs in the graphics error when the light is "turned off" by a cascading failure that is occuring at 56612 which is set as 07 nowthen leaving that alone there must be present a level that can be modified as the shader does automatically on screen reset of the sprites at offset 02260344 now then what is needed to be done is to locate the exact point at which the cascade begins as it begins as a dma error there must be a direct cause to this now then what is needed to be found is the exact point at which the dma is launched 1 of 2possibilities to the is that the ap is what is launching the dma event or that it is a general error in the reading of the rom by the various programs since not all programs the crash occurs at the same time the ap must not be the culprit as it whould have to have strict routine that is to be followed
now ine direct line of this is the fact that 2 of the more used emulators have both and access of 50 graphics reset actions before failure while the average flash card system has less then that amount.
if the failure can expediated by the gym badges as some claim then its should be exponential which it seems to be yet there are cases where individuals have made it to the elite 4 thus the case that badges as a possible way of locating the error seems flawed
next the coding that streams itself seems to be in direct correalation to the errors thus by setting them to be skipped or over ridden caused complete failure of the rom as they are needed by the graphics engine to run the game so they cannot be directly changed.
hypothesis-
game mechanics operate a higher level due to the direct refrence of screen changing the emulators use more ram to calculate the exact pixel ratio needed to run the next screen it is in there that the problem lays if we can directly influence the outcome of those calculations being made it should be able to directly prevent the freezing from occuring any ideas on how to due this

Ill translate for you, In basic noob english, TROLOLOLOLOLOL
In basic rom hacking if its being serious, he is describing what appears to AP triggers or AP events.

So either Troll, or purposely trying to act over smart to be superior

Kevelek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know if this will help, at all, but anway. Having read through some of the posts here, with the 'patched' rom from MU I was able to enter/exit a building/talk to people over 20 times. However, when I moved into the spot where Lyra (?) comes to talk to you to show you how to use a pokeball the character simply doesn't follow her. Instead she moves, the music plays, and the directional keys just aren't working. If I close my DS Lite it goes on Standby just as normal.

M3 Simply w/ YSMENU.

ccgriffith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mdyer94 said:
ccgriffith said:
After there's a patch for the AP, then we need a patch so I can molest Lyra.

Yea, that'd be cool.
You know she's like 10, right?

Well if it can be patched to do something like that, then it can be patched to do something as simple as making her older.

Fine, I'll just go molest Whitney. Then crash. Joy.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Mine frooze too at around 24 events with this "new working patch".

I'm trying to compare the patched and cleaned ROM now to check if they actually did something and waht, but its taking a looooonnnggg time
tongue.gif

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
baldymcbald said:
i took a break and analyzed what is known so far now then the glitch occurs in the graphics error when the light is "turned off" by a cascading failure that is occuring at 56612 which is set as 07 nowthen leaving that alone there must be present a level that can be modified as the shader does automatically on screen reset of the sprites at offset 02260344 now then what is needed to be done is to locate the exact point at which the cascade begins as it begins as a dma error there must be a direct cause to this now then what is needed to be found is the exact point at which the dma is launched 1 of 2possibilities to the is that the ap is what is launching the dma event or that it is a general error in the reading of the rom by the various programs since not all programs the crash occurs at the same time the ap must not be the culprit as it whould have to have strict routine that is to be followed
now ine direct line of this is the fact that 2 of the more used emulators have both and access of 50 graphics reset actions before failure while the average flash card system has less then that amount.
if the failure can expediated by the gym badges as some claim then its should be exponential which it seems to be yet there are cases where individuals have made it to the elite 4 thus the case that badges as a possible way of locating the error seems flawed
next the coding that streams itself seems to be in direct correalation to the errors thus by setting them to be skipped or over ridden caused complete failure of the rom as they are needed by the graphics engine to run the game so they cannot be directly changed.
hypothesis-
game mechanics operate a higher level due to the direct refrence of screen changing the emulators use more ram to calculate the exact pixel ratio needed to run the next screen it is in there that the problem lays if we can directly influence the outcome of those calculations being made it should be able to directly prevent the freezing from occuring any ideas on how to due this

Ill translate for you, In basic noob english, TROLOLOLOLOLOL
In basic rom hacking if its being serious, he is describing what appears to AP triggers or AP events.

So either Troll, or purposely trying to act over smart to be superior
Outgum Baldy has been working on this for a while hes not trolling

Komalis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please post the patch i test it

Supercard DS One I
EOS 1.0
Record of Event : 66
2 Badge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...