ROM Hack Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theboynextdoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RevLTD said:
So we're seeing it might be RAM related.

Someone who has the cart, open up the cartridge (if you want) and see if theres any RAM chips on it. That can give us clues. Post pics as help, if you want lol. I don't have the cart so I can't really do anything but this is all a judge from the previous PC ram increase test.

Or someone can test on a computer with not a lot of ram, about 256mb (if anyone still has that much).
Where can you check how many ram your pc has?

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SelomT said:
People, I've just had a thought. I read on a well known Pokemon fansite (not gonna name, just incase of ban) that the HeartGold chip has an in-fared chip in it, to connect to the pokewalker. Now, what if that chip isn't just an infared? What if the HeartGold/SoulSilver game runs checks to make sure the Pokewalker is in? That would explain why AceKard's work when they update the firmware, it's the hardware. It's kinda like with my iPod Touch, when I use firmware 3.0 I can use bluetooth to play games but on 2.2.1, I can't. AceKard have simply updated and made HeartGold work without even realizing. Maybe what the hackers have to do is trick the ROM into thinking that the infared chip is there? This is all theoretical by the way. But it makes sense. I really hope someone can prove me wrong though :\
i thought that the infra-red was in the console? if not then yes, either trick the code, or get a flashcart with infra-red.

Nachiitox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SelomT said:
People, I've just had a thought. I read on a well known Pokemon fansite (not gonna name, just incase of ban) that the HeartGold chip has an in-fared chip in it, to connect to the pokewalker. Now, what if that chip isn't just an infared? What if the HeartGold/SoulSilver game runs checks to make sure the Pokewalker is in? That would explain why AceKard's work when they update the firmware, it's the hardware. It's kinda like with my iPod Touch, when I use firmware 3.0 I can use bluetooth to play games but on 2.2.1, I can't. AceKard have simply updated and made HeartGold work without even realizing. Maybe what the hackers have to do is trick the ROM into thinking that the infared chip is there? This is all theoretical by the way. But it makes sense. I really hope someone can prove me wrong though :\

So, the problem is connected with the pokewalker?

Arisa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SelomT said:

that´s a good idea in my oppinion, but if it´s like that, we´ve got a huge problem >.

ccgriffith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SelomT said:

This was discussed before, but ... I don't think anything really came out of it.
I went to bed shortly after, so I don't remember.

baldymcbald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SelomT said:
ive ready looked into the the pokewalk is a seperate function not tyed into the general game mechanics it is not accessable at anytime during normal game play it is accessed from the start menu prior to loading of a game and if that where the case the code that sets pokewalker steps to maximum should override this glitch and it doesnt you lot have no idea of the number fixes ive tryed to far its a few thousand including bypassing numerour addresses. this is a graphics failure and i do seriously doubt that the ap is the cause behind it although i'm still going through the utility file trying to find any possibe way to by pass what ever is causing this

MovieGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if it's a RAM problem, I have a ezflash V which has a option to increase the RAM and I have a R4DS

should I try to play pokemon and see if I can do more events than without?

I haven't tried playing it since everytone says it's bugged
tongue.gif

if you want me to try, I will

Nachiitox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arisa said:
SelomT said:

that´s a good idea in my oppinion, but if it´s like that, we´ve got a huge problem >.<

WAIT WAIT, whats the poketool folder on data folder??? whats in game??

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Theboynextdoor said:
RevLTD said:
So we're seeing it might be RAM related.

Someone who has the cart, open up the cartridge (if you want) and see if theres any RAM chips on it. That can give us clues. Post pics as help, if you want lol. I don't have the cart so I can't really do anything but this is all a judge from the previous PC ram increase test.

Or someone can test on a computer with not a lot of ram, about 256mb (if anyone still has that much).
Where can you check how many ram your pc has?
go to "run", then type in "dxdiag.exe"

Arisa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MovieGuy said:
if it's a RAM problem, I have a ezflash V which has a option to increase the RAM and I have a R4DS

tongue.gif

Try it. =D

Gnasher113

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i need a way to fix the black screen problem after the 3d badge. if anyone knows any recent news on this, plz let me know

megachamp98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Arisa said:
MovieGuy said:

tongue.gif

Try it. =D
Try it! Iunno how much RAM you can increase.... so.... try to increase it to the max!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone