Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Source : http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tiers

QUOTE said:
Tiers in Pokémon

Pokémon features hundreds of species available for use, all varying in their base statistics and moveset potential. There are currently six tiers with various fansites individually deciding the Pokémon assumed to be in those tiers, most notably Smogon. The Pokémon tier list has received much criticism, because there is no "official" tier list for Pokémon.

In "standard" battles, any Pokémon that is not in the Uber tier is eligible for use. However, it is common for some battles to maintain use in one tier only.

Uber
The Uber tier is a banlist for OU and the other tiers, however this does not mean it is not, or cannot be played. Pokémon in the Uber tier are deemed too powerful or centralizing to be used fairly among other Pokémon. A common misconception, especially among players new to competitive battling, is that Uber tier contains only legendary Pokémon. While it is true that a majority of the accepted Ubers are indeed legendary, some are not and many legendary Pokémon are far from being Uber.

While most Pokémon in the Uber tier are there for their ability to power through teams or be defensive behemoths, Wobbuffet is included primarily because of its Shadow Tag ability, along with Encore, which lets it trap any opponent Pokémon and lock them into any move, giving a free turn of set-up for any Pokémon, or giving a "free" kill with Counter or Mirror Coat. Wobbuffet's pre-evolution, Wynaut, is sometimes banned for similar reasons. Garchomp is another non-legendary that is in the list the list due to its high stats, brilliant movepool, and great typing.

Over-Used
Over-used, commonly abbreviated as "OU", refers to Pokémon that are most commonly seen in standard play. It is a misconception that all OU Pokémon are the most powerful in the game. OU is a term based on usage; however, there is a distinct correlation between usage and usefulness in the system.

There are exceptions to this such as Magneton in Generation III, where it was considered an OU Pokémon merely because it was used primarily as a counter for Skarmory; a Pokémon commonly seen due to its high defense, low weaknesses, and stall-based movepool. The introduction of Magnezone, an evolution of Magneton, solidified its place in OU, due to increased stats, and a broader movepool.
Borderline

Pokémon in Borderline, commonly referred to as "BL", are considered by some to be too strong for Under-Used, but may be found in some OU battles. A Pokémon is placed in BL only if it is too strong for the UU tier; its performance in OU has nothing to do with its status.

Under-Used
Under-Used, commonly referred to as "UU", designates Pokémon whose use is limited as they are not strong enough for general OU competition, usually due to sub-standard stats, movepools, easily exploitable weaknesses, or the existence of a stronger Pokémon that do nearly the same job as the UU Pokémon, making players use the stronger Pokémon instead of the UU Pokémon, giving it little use. UU Pokémon can, and are, used in OU battle, but are usually recommended by some solely for UU-type battles.

Never-Used
As the name implies, Never-Used, commonly referred to as "NU", is for Pokémon that have problems competing even in UU due to dismal stats and/or movepools, and thus are extremely rare to be used in battles. This is where most novelty Pokémon reside in tiers as well as Pokémon found early in a player's journey. They are recommended by most only for use in NU only battles. However, most NU Pokémon are very common among contest coordinators.
Not Fully Evolved

This tier is more commonly known as "NFE", and as the name implies, contains almost every Pokémon that has not yet reached its final evolution. Some NFE Pokémon, such as Rhydon are used in the lower tiers, as their stats are on par with some of the weaker evolved Pokémon. Also, the abilities of Hippopotas and Snover are the only way to set up permanent weather in the lower tiers, as their evolved forms are banned.

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
Cool when uncool was cool said:
um i just entered Moltreds cave and suddenly a wild steelix popped out and i caught it. I thought it wasnt catch-able in the wild?
It is. I don't think it was for the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games, but it certainly is for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and HG/SS.

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BoxShot said:
Rockstar said:
Why Ampharos? Its sucky.
Go for a jolteon or electivire
Not really a competitive team. There's 2 OU 1 Uber 2 UU and a NU. Doesn't really matter for just the game.

BTW go for waterfall on Gyarados. It has better atk than s.atk. Unless you need surf to get around.
tongue.gif
Do you play competitive?

Pwnage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool when uncool was cool said:
yea right now im training a vsat variety of pokemon to make heaps of teams.

Just trained myself a dragonite to join the team (EV'd a bit)
Now im training a Luxray, Hitomonchan, Blaziken, Charizard

if you got the time to train pkmn that are pretty bad go for it charizard gets raped so hard by SR

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
did you return your pokemon from the walk after encountering a bronzor?
every time you transfer a pokemon to the pokewalker at winners path there's a 50% chance you are able to encounter a bouncing magikarp.
so if you encounter a bronzor, return your pokemon to the DS and transfer it to the pokewalker again.

SageKyle

DarkSageKyle
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a level 16 Kadabra to trade, I wish to evolve it at level 16 so I could use it. Is there anyone who would like to trade me a pokemon that needs a trade as it's evolution process? PM me i'll get back to you A.S.A.P.

Kyle =D

Joeizma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK can anyone help me out with my team so far, I beat all the gyms and now im just training.

Hitmonlee lvl 20
Donphan lvl 39
Typhlosion lvl 47
Dewgong lvl 38
Jolteon lvl 14
Dratini lvl 18

Alot are new additions to my team, before I had a weezing lvl 40, noctowl about lvl 38, and Buterfree lvl 36. They just didnt sit very well with me later on and I still dont know if this team will do good, any advice on different pokemon to use would be great.

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joeizma said:
OK can anyone help me out with my team so far, I beat all the gyms and now im just training.

Hitmonlee lvl 20
Donphan lvl 39
Typhlosion lvl 47
Dewgong lvl 38
Jolteon lvl 14
Dratini lvl 18

Alot are new additions to my team, before I had a weezing lvl 40, noctowl about lvl 38, and Buterfree lvl 36. They just didnt sit very well with me later on and I still dont know if this team will do good, any advice on different pokemon to use would be great.
Lucario>Hitmonlee
Donphan... is it a rapid spinner or a wall?
Infernape>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Typhlosion
Ice pokemon fail, use a starmie
Jolt is good
Draginte is fine
Can you give me the movesets?

D

Deleted_171835

Can anybody recommend a good training spot? I tried fighting Trainer Red and I couldn't beat him.
Oh, and where do you get the EXP Share again? I didn't get it yet.
tongue.gif

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
Can anybody recommend a good training spot? I tried fighting Trainer Red and I couldn't beat him.
Oh, and where do you get the EXP Share again? I didn't get it yet.
tongue.gif
Mr.Pokemon the EXP share when you give him the red scale you get from fighting the Red Gyrados.Also I'm doing rematches with the gym leaders to train and then use the elite four as their get better teams and higher level pokemon

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Somebody Rate My Team:

Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Heatran (M) @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Dragon Pulse

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- ThunderPunch

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 12 Spd / 24 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Wish
- Protect
- Roar

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So you guys downloaded your Enigma Stone from Wifi mystery gift yet?
FYI it lets you battle Latios in Heart Gold and Latias in Soul Silver.
The Enigma stone also happens to be a Soul Dew.

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RupeeClock said:
So you guys downloaded your Enigma Stone from Wifi mystery gift yet?
FYI it lets you battle Latios in Heart Gold and Latias in Soul Silver.
The Enigma stone also happens to be a Soul Dew.
Yeah i got right when it was put on, I have SS so i finally got a Latias... FUCK YEAH IT WAS MODEST TOO
smile.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
Yeah i got right when it was put on, I have SS so i finally got a Latias... FUCK YEAH IT WAS MODEST TOO
smile.gif
Pfft, modest? You want it to be timid and nothing else.
smile.gif

I'm taking the time to catch a good Latias, using the synchronizer trick gives 50% odds of it being Timid.

Oh here's a tip, Latias and Latios have 110 base speed.
This means when you use Fast Balls (crafted from White apricorns), you have a 4x catch rate because base speed is above 100.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1