Gaming Pokemon Heart Gold And Soul Silver Chat Thread

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, in HGSS I had a bad feeling that something would happen, so I saved my game. And IMMEDIATELY after that I encountered Entei and killed it by accident. Soft reset FTW!
yay.gif

EDIT: Cool, RIGHT AFTER soft resetting I run into Raikou... Hah. They love me. I've encountered each of them both around 5 times each when I wasn't even looking for them.
EDIT 2: HAHA I KILLED RAIKOU BY ACCIDENT TOO

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
If you're playing online, then you should not have Fly and Strength as an attack move.. Basically, the point was there is no talent in HMs. It's just a something you must have to prolong your quest. That's why people hate it. Thus, having an HM slave(s) is necessary for those who play at a high level. You're lucky if you run around using Fly and Strength against people online as many of them are quite competitive.
Competitive players don't usually use their storyline pokemon to compete. They usually use breed them from scratch and train them specifically to compete (like real cruel animal fights like cock fighting and pit bull fighting).

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, I wiped the floor with the Elite 4. I took em out on my first try... Although Lance did give me some problems. I was left with Typhlosion and Scizor at the end. I used 4 max revives, 1 revive and 2 hyper potions throughout.
yay.gif

My team after beating the Elite 4:
Lv 49 Typhlosion
Lv 48 Scizor
Lv 45 Dragonair
Lv 45 Gyarados
Lv 44 Ampharos
Lv 43 Alakazam

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Raika said:
Haha, I wiped the floor with the Elite 4. I took em out on my first try... Although Lance did give me some problems. I was left with Typhlosion and Scizor at the end. I used 4 max revives, 1 revive and a couple of hyper potions throughout.
yay.gif
Levels?
I remember beating the league on Crystal with a lvl35-40 team by just an inch and then getting stuck in kanto cuz everyone was too strong LOL.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Man oh man oh man, just stepped foot in Vermilion City. Looked at the Kanto map, it was nostalgic. The wild Pokemon encounter music is awesome, I love it. This game is so darn fun.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Just started playing properly this morning.
Its fun, I like the new music.

I just had to try the Pokewalker out so I got my mum's DS and sent a Pokemon from my Platinum save to send to the Pokewalker.
Right now I have
Lv. 18 Croconaw (Prowler)
Lv. 15 Pidgey (Piddy)

I'm taking it slow and not catching every single Pokemon I see because it all gets confusing for me
tongue.gif

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried putting my haunter up for trade on gts and taking it back, but I can never get it to evolve, am I missing something?

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jgu1994 said:
I've tried putting my haunter up for trade on gts and taking it back, but I can never get it to evolve, am I missing something?
Maybe it needs to be actualy traded instead of just attempted to trade?
I don´t know if this glitch you tried to use worked in DP, but obviosly it doesn´t seem to in HGSS.

DreamTrooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm hyped, just ordered my AK2i so i can play HG/SS, got sick of my DSTT, gunna start off my game soon, but just for shits and giggles, heres my group so far.

Geodude-lvl16
Quilava-lvl17
Butterfree-lvl16
Pidgey-lvl15
Mareep-lvl16
Bellsprout-lvl14

I need to do a little bit of tweeking around with it, debating on tossing Bellsprout for a whooper
tongue.gif

Note: I stopped playing after second badge as Freezing became a HUGE bother for me.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I just got to the elite four and I think my party is good enough to take them. I have an advantage against all but Karen and her dark types.

Golem lvl. 42
Gengar lvl. 43
Typhlosion lvl. 42
Meganium lvl. 46
Lugia lvl. 45
Feraligator lvl. 43

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
jgu1994 said:

You have to put it up for trade, then trade some crap pokemon for another crap pokemon and THEN get the Haunter back, only then will it evolve.

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
jgu1994 said:

If you want your haunter evolved you could always trade it to me and trade straight back.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just arrived in Ecruteak City now, loving the game! Just feels like the old days, I'm so glad I'm hooked again on my DS
wub.gif

Also, I now have 2 Flaffy's, exactly the same level, but other gender.
And when I compared their stats, they were different! I really don't understand how it works, same level, catched at the same place at the same level and trained them the same way, and still, one has more HP but lesser stats, other has less HP but better stats.
That's probably the infamous EV?
How is it possible the other one has better stats?

Also, I let them breed and an egg came out. I'm wondering now, will that Pokemon be stronger in the long end?
And which attacks will it have? A mix of it's parents?
Sorry, really a noob on breeding and EV things
smile.gif

JBW

Trophies
XP
Country
I only just completed the first gym, my team is
Totodile at lvl 15
Geodude at lvl 14
Bellsprout Lvl 10
and pidgey lvl 8
kakuna lvl 6
training bellsprout pidgey and kakuna atm
any recommendations for pokemon to add to my team that i can get where i am in the game?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hazard7 said:
Still waiting for UK or EUR version of the games.
frown.gif
It already out yesterday and there is no news on that.

It's the exact same as the USA version theres no need to wait for it to be dumped, it's basically a clone even the AR cheats work with it(the game code is diffrent though). I really don't see the point in not using the U version.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Just arrived in Ecruteak City now, loving the game! Just feels like the old days, I'm so glad I'm hooked again on my DS
wub.gif

Also, I now have 2 Flaffy's, exactly the same level, but other gender.
And when I compared their stats, they were different! I really don't understand how it works, same level, catched at the same place at the same level and trained them the same way, and still, one has more HP but lesser stats, other has less HP but better stats.
That's probably the infamous EV?
How is it possible the other one has better stats?

Also, I let them breed and an egg came out. I'm wondering now, will that Pokemon be stronger in the long end?
And which attacks will it have? A mix of it's parents?
Sorry, really a noob on breeding and EV things
smile.gif
I think its to do with EVs and Natues. For example, my Feraligatr has a nature that says it's capable of taking hits, so it's defense is higher but its attack slightly lower. My Dragonair is lazy so it's speed is terrible and my Typhlosion is adament which raises attack but lowers sp. attack.
You should read this:
http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2