Pokemon Hacks not Working

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Inunah, Sep 1, 2010.

Sep 1, 2010

Pokemon Hacks not Working by Inunah at 12:35 AM (1,539 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    I was trying out a few Pokemon hacks on my R4 (It has Wood R4 1.12) and 3in1, but I can't get some of them to work.

Nonworking:
    Pokemon Mitic Island
    Pokemon ShinyGold
    Pokemon Quartz

Previously, Pokemon Never and Touhoumon weren't working in my R4 until I trimmed them. I trimmed the three nonworking games, but that didn't fix the problem.

Pokemon ShinyGold and Quartz both freeze at a Game Boy Advance logo screen that is missing the © Nintendo part, after the start-up jingle. Pokemon Mitic Island freezes at a Game Boy Advance logo screen that ISN'T missing the © Nintendo part, after the start-up jingle.

My priorities to get fixed are Quartz and Mitic Island. I could care less about ShinyGold now that I could just as easily pick up HeartGold and play that.

Pokemon Mitic Island, Quartz, and ShinyGold work perfectly in Visual Boy Advance, trimmed or not. I did exactly as I did with Never, Touhoumon, Naranja, and Moemon Emerald, so I don't know what the problem is. [​IMG] Hell, even Never works after being trimmed, and it fricken didn't work at all in my R4 OR in VBA before it was trimmed.

Off topic: I know I made a topic earlier about picking Pokemon Hacks, but I decided beforehand to get and test out a few that I was most likely to play, just in case.... [​IMG]

EDIT: I downloaded the same ROM twice for Mitic Island and Never, so it's not a case of a bad ROM.

2. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    Sorry for the double post, but I feel like nobody's going to answer me.... [​IMG]

I found a second version of Mitic Island while searching for a prepatched version that works. It allows choosing of a guy or a girl, unlike the first I found on Whack a Hack, which allows you to choose between a blue guy and a red guy and starts off 100x better. Which version is more recent, and I still have to figure out how to fix Mitic Island!!!!!!