ROM Hack Pokémon Hack Screening Thread

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It took SO LONG
but I finally relinked like 12 out of 14 hacks back to the directory. I had to search the whole thread.
I missed two because there was so much brain-melting crap from 2 notorious poketards, I couldnt keep up. Lucky they were pretty much abandoned hacks anyway :unsure:

If something happens to the link again Im gonna flip some tables :gun:

Reactions: Densetsu

Madara-Uchiha59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
**= ha? co? di? fu?

I would like to make a hack.

I have read the rules and it may look like I'm just trying to get everyone to do the work and be the "Project Leader" but that isn't what I'm trying to do.

Understand that my hacking knowledge is extremely limited as I only know about the old stuff.

Anywho I plan to gather a team and create a pokemon emerald remake with plot/character changes.

Also, I plan to incorporate the up-to-date graphics of pokemon black and white 2, these include:

*Sprites
*Map
*Items
*Pokedex/pokemon
*Moves
*Possibly a new intro
*New Elite 4 (Possibly composed entirely of regional champions)

Alongside graphics changes, I am hoping to maybe set up Wi-Fi for the game, I'm not entirely sure it's possible but it is an important element which unfortunately, the original was born too early to receive.

This is just a base idea at the moment and I plan on building it up if it takes off and just so that I'm not just trying to get people to slave for me, I will be asking for tutorials on how to do some of the new things alongside some of my own freelance learning.

I am open to new ideas for the game and hope to receive a lot of feedback in regards to my own ideas, whether it be positive or negative.

There will be no project leader in this project as it will be down to a whole teams efforts, as such, the progress of the hack will be based purely on the gathered decisions of the whole team.

I also plan to change the end game credits to include the team and patchwork, not sure if it's legal so I'm going to have to find that one out.

I plan to introduce the game like this:

This is a continuation of one of my previous threads "Learning To Hack".

For my first hack I have been stuck on what game to hack and so I have spent a lot of time offline from GBAtemp and focusing my time on searching for inspiration.

In my search I came across a LOT of rumors of R/S/E remakes and it got me thinking.

Thing is, pokemon games aren't as fun as they should be. I started playing pokemon with pokemon red and moved on to G/S/C and then stopped playing all together until pokemon Emerald came out and because of that, I base all of my pokemon experiences on that game.

So I have decided on either an Emerald remake or a sequel (like BW2 but for Emerald). Problem is, I only really know how to edit maps on old roms so I need help with a lot of things.

An example would be my main current question:

"Is there a way I can use maps for an Emerald ROM with up to date tiles/graphics?"

Before I move on to the actual starting point of the project, I will need to assemble a team so to speak, credits will be given to the relevant people and all ideas will be taken in with the deepest of gratitude.

Thank you all in advance.​

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If this is a hack of Pokemon Emerald for the GBA (which I assume it is since you stated that you would be using the Emerald rom) then you don't need to post the hack in this thread and get permission. If you make a thread in this section of the 'Temp everything should be good. We do appreciate you trying to follow the rules though :yay:

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
edited: ok i found the thread i was looking for, but thats the main purpose of this thread?
The main purpose of this thread is to screen Pokemon Hacks for the NDS. There were so many of them crowding the forums (and over a majority of them weren't even being finished) that we needed a way to contain them. This thread is for people to post their hacking ideas/hack progress. Then the Pokemon hack screening team will vote whether the hack gets it's own thread or not. There are links in the second post of this thread that link to all of the hacks that have been presented in this thread, but they do not link to the individual threads for the hacks that got passed through.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
prprince305, enough off-topic. This thread is for Pokémon Hacks, and that's it. If you want AR codes, create a thread yourself in another section or go to another site specialized in AR codes.

Thanks.

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
303jl2c.jpg
look what i did to my diamond rom. Im am working on insert every tiles from bw 2 into this diamond rom.

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
*slowclap*

You must be so proud of yourself. Put in something significant into the game. I HIGHLY doubt anyone's gonna care for trees and water.

Well i have edit some maps as well. And i am working on a new ds game with new maps.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a dream about the original Pokemon games, first thing that popped into my head was ROM Hacks on here haha

I had a thought that everyone who ever played the original blue/ red, gold/ silver has probably thought of before... But i'm not gonna go through 19 pages of this to see if anyone has actually mentioned it and i'm sure it's not been posted as an idea (Y)

When the original Pokemon games were released it was amazing to play them, when gold and silver were released you got an excellent nostalgia even though you were probably still playing blue or red by the time they came out! What gets me now more than it did back then was that you had the ability to roam free in Kanto AND Johto!

In my opinion, pokemon games should have ended after DP because what Pokemon could be greater than the GOD POKEMON arceus? Nothing... is the answer to that...

THESE ARE THE MAIN INTERESTING POINTS!
So after DP, why not work on something every person in the world wants and needs?! Rainbow... THE Rainbow version.

incorperate, kanto, johto, hoenn and sinnoh maybe even the rainbow islands, the special islands where event pokemon reside. Include RUMORS in gameplay! mew under the truck! celebi shrine which you could actually use! The rocket to take you to space to catch jirachi! Even include a Missigno shrine/ secret glitch area to catch the glitch #000!!

Everything could be incorperated from each generation, the time machines from gold/ silver, mewtwos cave, later in the game unlockable contests which have just been founded in the hoenn region, the radio on PKGR which changes by region! You can have the lottery, mirage island, battle tower... obviously things would have to be varied to co-exist in games such as the enemy being team rocket/ galactic but it could be done with decent enough writers. (rocket was the original so i'd make the game revolve around them but whatever)

I believe that with the talents of each hacker, if the time was there, if the tools were available, it could be done. It's a dream that needs to come true one day... I have no experience in the hacking of pokemon roms, but seeing some of the work on this site it really makes me believe! If it doesn't happen one day, i'll dedicate every working holiday i have to learning how to hack the roms and i WILL create this!

damn i've never had a rant like this before... hahahahaha!

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's already my dream since 2010 a game with all regions a special extra island with around 50 buildings of contest and competitions but there is not enough space in a game for it

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a dream about the original Pokemon games, first thing that popped into my head was ROM Hacks on here haha

I had a thought that everyone who ever played the original blue/ red, gold/ silver has probably thought of before... But i'm not gonna go through 19 pages of this to see if anyone has actually mentioned it and i'm sure it's not been posted as an idea (Y)

When the original Pokemon games were released it was amazing to play them, when gold and silver were released you got an excellent nostalgia even though you were probably still playing blue or red by the time they came out! What gets me now more than it did back then was that you had the ability to roam free in Kanto AND Johto!

In my opinion, pokemon games should have ended after DP because what Pokemon could be greater than the GOD POKEMON arceus? Nothing... is the answer to that...

THESE ARE THE MAIN INTERESTING POINTS!
So after DP, why not work on something every person in the world wants and needs?! Rainbow... THE Rainbow version.

incorperate, kanto, johto, hoenn and sinnoh maybe even the rainbow islands, the special islands where event pokemon reside. Include RUMORS in gameplay! mew under the truck! celebi shrine which you could actually use! The rocket to take you to space to catch jirachi! Even include a Missigno shrine/ secret glitch area to catch the glitch #000!!

Everything could be incorperated from each generation, the time machines from gold/ silver, mewtwos cave, later in the game unlockable contests which have just been founded in the hoenn region, the radio on PKGR which changes by region! You can have the lottery, mirage island, battle tower... obviously things would have to be varied to co-exist in games such as the enemy being team rocket/ galactic but it could be done with decent enough writers. (rocket was the original so i'd make the game revolve around them but whatever)

I believe that with the talents of each hacker, if the time was there, if the tools were available, it could be done. It's a dream that needs to come true one day... I have no experience in the hacking of pokemon roms, but seeing some of the work on this site it really makes me believe! If it doesn't happen one day, i'll dedicate every working holiday i have to learning how to hack the roms and i WILL create this!

damn i've never had a rant like this before... hahahahaha!
Cool dream bro
Seriously though, I wish hacking got to a point like that, or that Nintendo just made one like that themselves >.>
If it could be remotely possible, it would be a hack that could only be played on computer probably with the gen 3 engines. No way the ds games could incorporate anything like that.
map space is so huge and it only gets more complex as you go up in gen's.
Map editing is somewhat available to gen 3 hacks (firered,emerald) but im not sure to what extent it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwfObY-WDQ