Pokemon Go gameplay leaked.

During the weekend, John Hanke, CEO of Pokémon Go developers Niantic, gave a talk about the future of AR games at SXSW Gaming. A video claiming to show footage of the much anticipated mobile game popped up shortly afterwards.

Temper @BurningDesire was quick to report this and made a quick thread about it:

I cant really make a nice thread as I am currently on my mobile phone...

Nothing is confirmed as of yet but the clip does give an insight about how the game might look like.

Last edited by Prans, , Reason: Edited for featuring on front page

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, you can bet they're gonna milk the fuck out of this game with microtransactions! Good thing someone will just hack the game. I remember when I used to enjoy Pokemon shuffle, and had a hacked version that gave me unlimited hearts. I ended up getting bored with the game, and now it sits on my phone, taking space. :(

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, so there's no Pokemon battles? Is it just catching Pokemon?

I really hope they don't fill this with microtransactions....
What makes you think only catching pokemon? In the announcment they said you could battle pokemon and they don't have to show everything in a small gameplay clip

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Its a mobile game, you can expect a massive cashwall in place with tons of microtransaction necessary unless you wanna take months to do what wallet warriors do in a few minutes . . .
Not interested in the slightest in any so called "games" on a mobile or facebook, its the same gimmick either way . . .
Yeah, there are very few exception to this and maybe this game will be but but i don't care much given recent history of such "games" :P

Last edited by SS4,
Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

Edrian

Commercial Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You play the game and your having a lot of fun; it seems like a really awesome game
2. After a little while, you gotta pay for everything thing
3. F*ck

^ I hope that won't happen :D

Reactions: Games&Stuff

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
1. You play the game and your having a lot of fun; it seems like a really awesome game
2. After a little while, you gotta pay for everything thing
3. F*ck

^ I hope that won't happen :D
That, and the whole "limit your play time" mechanic that so many games have. I don't know what bizarre focus groups they've been testing this on, but it's never done anything for me but make me turn off of the game and never come back to it.

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, you can bet they're gonna milk the fuck out of this game with microtransactions! Good thing someone will just hack the game. I remember when I used to enjoy Pokemon shuffle, and had a hacked version that gave me unlimited hearts. I ended up getting bored with the game, and now it sits on my phone, taking space. :(

They wouldn't make it "free to play" if they weren't going to make money off of it. :P As far as the quality goes....have you seen ANY games on AR that actually look good? As far as Android games go, I really can't think of any. All we can do is wait and see, though! ^_^

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
That, and the whole "limit your play time" mechanic that so many games have. I don't know what bizarre focus groups they've been testing this on, but it's never done anything for me but make me turn off of the game and never come back to it.
i am ok with time limiters, as long as they are not 3 plays short or somehting really low and frustrating..

BUT this is a AR game, i don't think the limited shit works with AR games...
just think, you go outside and wander around like you was a puppy in a leash.. and at the middle it tells you it's out of energy?
i live on a super rural area in the middle of nowhere, if this game will be like ingress, i will need to use my car..
it's just don't make sence neither it's fair that i waste my time, gas and energy to go into a determined place to catch pokemons and then i need to go back another day because i was out of energy..

or you know, root the phone and cheat... using an app to manipulate the gps data and patch the limits out of it

maybe the time you get from going to one place to the other is enough for the app to recharge the "pokewater" or whatever the limit is called

anyway, if i am going to play this game, i will not have the trouble of going to "go outside" just for catch one or two pokemon, either i can play a good ammount of time to enjoy the game or i will not give a MUK about it

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: Games&Stuff

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or you know, root the phone and cheat... using an app to manipulate the gps data and patch the limits out of it
I can't imagine they'd have too many limits put into place. Like you said, lots of people live in rural areas or deserts far away from rivers, lakes, mountains, etc. For a franchise that's known for "catching 'em all," putting a huge portion of your playerbase at a disadvantage isn't going to work out well.

Maybe that will be one form of microtransactions. Some kind of safari where you can catch Pokemon outside of their natural environment. And... speaking of natural environments... how the heck will they deal with Pokemon that aren't Grass, Bug, Rock, or Water? Make you have to travel to your nearest volcano to capture a Magmar? Take a space shuttle to capture Rayquaza? Oh man... can you imagine all the kids asking their parents to drive them to the nearest cemetery so they can catch a Gastly?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I can't imagine they'd have too many limits put into place. Like you said, lots of people live in rural areas or deserts far away from rivers, lakes, mountains, etc. For a franchise that's known for "catching 'em all," putting a huge portion of your playerbase at a disadvantage isn't going to work out well.

Maybe that will be one form of microtransactions. Some kind of safari where you can catch Pokemon outside of their natural environment. And... speaking of natural environments... how the heck will they deal with Pokemon that aren't Grass, Bug, Rock, or Water? Make you have to travel to your nearest volcano to capture a Magmar? Take a space shuttle to capture Rayquaza? Oh man... can you imagine all the kids asking their parents to drive them to the nearest cemetery so they can catch a Gastly?
most likely it will be random or points of interest will act like routes in pokemon, the world is too huge and there lots of places with wrong\misleading\missing information to accuratly put a gastly in cemitery.. it's too much trouble..
google maps is already a mess in my area (i just started to use recently because i didnt had mobile data) at least 3 times it told me to drive me to "prohibited ways" streets (can't find the word for it, used google translate not sure if its accurate)
and i swear only 40% of places are marked on the map...

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They wouldn't make it "free to play" if they weren't going to make money off of it. :P As far as the quality goes....have you seen ANY games on AR that actually look good? As far as Android games go, I really can't think of any. All we can do is wait and see, though! ^_^
Not really. I honestly have 0 hope for any Android games period.

Reactions: Exavold

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc