Votes: 97 48.3%
  • Green

Votes: 29 14.4%

• Total voters

Flintiex

Trophies
XP
Country
An idea could be to change the starters to Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Then with some hex editing, you could make it so the woman who normally gives you one of the three elemental monkeys in the dream yard, could give you Oshawott, Snivy or Tepig depending on your Kanto starter, or you could do it the other way around ;P

Reactions: 1 person

learnin2hack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
An idea could be to change the starters to Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Then with some hex editing, you could make it so the woman who normally gives you one of the three elemental monkeys in the dream yard, could give you Oshawott, Snivy or Tepig depending on your Kanto starter, or you could do it the other way around ;P
that a good idea cause i get killed by water

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Heh, you see, the thing is that Red already got his Kanto starter in FireRed Version.
He just left all of his Pokemon home to start a new journey in Unova, like Ash does with all the regions he travels.

@[member='learnin2hack']
Looks pretty good! But I suggest making the background something else that doesn't look like it's repeating. Since the logo is on every page it doesn't need to be in the background. ;)

@flygon12345
Think about it. What is the pokemon type most related to water? What gym leader carries that type?

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
Heh, you see, the thing is that Red already got his Kanto starter in FireRed Version.
He just left all of his Pokemon home to start a new journey in Unova, like Ash does with all the regions he travels.

@[member='learnin2hack']
Looks pretty good! But I suggest making the background something else that doesn't look like it's repeating. Since the logo is on every page it doesn't need to be in the background. ;)

@flygon12345
Think about it. What is the pokemon type most related to water? What gym leader carries that type?
i am being dumb coz i suck in thinking...

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

@[member='learnin2hack']

@[member='flygon12345']
i am being dumb coz i suck in thinking...

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@[member='supagokuman2']
PM me if you want any custom sprites
For a genuine looking hack, i'm willing to edit sprites.

apples01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really looking forward to this! I really wish someone would make a version that was consistent with the mangas (the Pokemon Adventures series). Although I am slightly disappointed that people chose Gary and not Blue.. The original Japanese manga named Red's rival as Green, and the girl was known as Blue, but in the translations, Green & Blue were switched so that Green was the girl and Blue was the boy. Anyway, I doubt many people knew that anyway.

Maybe you could make it so that if someone chooses to be a female at the start of the game, they could be Yellow instead (since Green [the girl] is already taken)? (See http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Yellow_(Adventures)).

Also another suggestion (since I'm no use as a hacker)... although this goes against the consistency of the manga (if you were even concerned about that in the first place), do you think it would be possible to make Misty and Brock follow you? Since double battles and double wild pokemon encounters (with NPCs) and triple battles have been introduced in the B/W series, do you think that could be possible? Maybe they can duck out during your gym battles, but against Team Plasma (or Rocket), the player can choose to ask for their help (or battle alone). Or they don't always have to be following you and can pop in every now and then. Maybe that's way too complicated. I'm just dreaming out loud, I guess. Heh.

Regardless, this looks amazing! I can't wait for the release!

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm here to bring good news! (And maybe some bad ones)

Progress for sprites and text is going great.
Music progress is iffy, but should pick up soon.
Editing Trainers' Pokemon hasn't been started, since sprites and text edits are currently being made.

What does this mean?
A beta download should be released very soon!

But should I release the beta until both sprites and texts are done? Or do you guys want me to release with sprites first, and update with text later? (And then trainers' pokemon, then music)

@[member='apples01']
It's possible (2nd idea) but it would take a lot of internal editing. You would have to program the game to make Cheren/Hilda appear next to you in battle always. Plus, the game never uses 3 people at the same time so that might glitch it. For the companion part, I'm not too sure. No one ever actually follows you in the game (Like in other PKMN games where people temporarily follow you) so it might not be possible. It was still a good idea though!

bwburke94

Gotta hack 'em all!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Listen, BW hacking isn't advanced enough for this to work. You can get your hopes up, but nothing's gonna change here except the sprites and it being a 649 hack. (Shouldn't you have waited for BW2 anyway?)

3-sD~Juggalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fucking HEX need the help of a real hex editor not some one like me who barley knows the first thing abot hex.. .. Ill mix the music if someone helps HEX edit it.

Haters gonna hate.
Theres always at least one person who cant help themselves from thinking you will fail.
Be optomistic there can only be advancement through failure... .

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
fucking HEX need the help of a real hex editor not some one like me who barley knows the first thing abot hex.. .. Ill mix the music if someone helps HEX edit it.

Haters gonna hate.
Theres always at least one person who cant help themselves from thinking you will fail.
Be optomistic there can only be advancement through failure... .

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm nearly done with sprites! I just need to edit Hilbert's sprites to match Red's (Currently only Bike and Running/Walking has been replaced)
I'm no good at spriting, so if anyone is good at editing sprites please contact me.

@[member='flygon12345']
Knowing 3~sD, he probably made a mistake while posting his comment lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1