Pokemon Duel Now Available

Quietly released this morning by The Pokemon Company was Pokemon Duel, a mobile game which originally released in Japan last year as Pokemon Comaster. The game is a sort of mix of a traditional card game and a board game, featuring the classic Pokemon critters. It's a free to play title, and there are, of course in app purchases. It's available right now for iOS and Android.

Build your party of Pokémon figures and play against your friends in Pokémon Duel, free to download for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices! In Pokémon Duel, your objective is to deploy your Pokémon figures on the game board and move them to the goal in your opponent's territory. To win the game, you have to reach your goal before your opponent reaches theirs!

:arrow: Official Site
:arrow: App Store
:arrow: Google Play Store

D

Deleted User

A pokemon release that didn't have tons of hype around it? Dang. Never expected that. I'll just stick with Pokemon TCG actually.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much memory does this require on Android? I know the Play Store says 47MB but with apps like these they always take 100s of MB.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why doesn't Nintendo release a Pokemon Showdown type game for mobile? A ton of people would buy it and it probably wouldn't be that difficult to make.

D

Deleted User

Tfw an entirely new Pokemon mobile game is released before even one real content update is released for Pokemon Go

Shawnj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
It's actually based on a TFG (trading figure game) released in 2007

never mind. I took a look at the game, and while it borrows heavily on some of the app mechanics, the actual games based off of the TFG. I actually thought up an idea a while back of how Clash Royale type mechanics could work with the TCG in a variation.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
How much memory does this require on Android? I know the Play Store says 47MB but with apps like these they always take 100s of MB.
I think you mean storage, as memory is often refered to when talking about RAM.

Anyway, the app itself is 77.7MB on my device, and it contains 176MB of game data. (That it downloads when you start it)

Reactions: YugamiSekai

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not my country!

:P Just download the apk from a safe Android apk website.

If there is a safe source already oO I can only find one that I know and "think" it might be save but the file says jp so yeah ^^V

Well I doubt it will take them very long to release it here.

----------------

didn't see that link on the last page ^^V

well ... are they kidding me/us ? 4000+ single files need to be downloaded/updated at the first start ? I really hate it when they can't just make 1-2 big packages and do it like that.

Last edited by Youkai,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

If there is a safe source already oO I can only find one that I know and "think" it might be save but the file says jp so yeah ^^V

Well I doubt it will take them very long to release it here.

----------------

didn't see that link on the last page ^^V

well ... are they kidding me/us ? 4000+ single files need to be downloaded/updated at the first start ? I really hate it when they can't just make 1-2 big packages and do it like that.
With ES File Explorer Pro I can make a backup apk if you want. This EFEP app is so useful that I can't use an Android without it as it gets stuff done right.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Stupid games as usual...
Nintendo's smartphone games are actually way better than the majority of crapperware that Android/iOS marketplaces have and had it not been for the backlash that Mario Run received on iOS, the Nintendo smartphone games wouldn't have IAP. £7.99 / $9.99 is a decent price for a full Mario game and with the challenges of collecting the coloured coins it adds more replayability and dare I say, annoyance (cause it makes you go back :P).

I'm glad Nintendo's making games for Android/iOS because anyone that has seen the marketplaces know they are filled with garbage clones of Royal Clash, Flappy Birds, Angry Birds and other shitty games.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This game is not really good the gameplay is rather ... Weak ...
But i can hardly judge as it took me a very long time to even be able to play at all ...

First you wait an hour for updates than the game "crashed" a lot of times for me (was not able to usw a button or anything and other similiar problems) than the game loads nonstop plus it wont find any opponent.

In the Ende I played 2 single player matches but it was hard enough to get there withouth crashing / getting stuck in the menue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I want this floormat!