ROM Hack (Pokemon) Does anyone know how to add 5th generation abilities to 4th Generation?

96KIMMU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I've recently found out about the ROM hacking thing when I've decided to play HGSS series again.
So I've been googling for the whole week, but only to find out that not alot of people seemed to be interesting in editing or creating new abilities.

Is it possible to add V generation abilities (ex. Multiscale) to 4th generation?
I've been experimenting with PPRE and Crystaltile2, can anyone please help?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Assuming abilities are in a table with their name, an effect-in-battle number, and an effect-not-in-battle number (because that's one logical way, not because I know how it actually is):

You would need to add these abilities to this table (which would be the easiest part if there is space to add them in, which is unlikely: so the table would need to be moved to some free space, and all pointers to it relocated - hopefully there is a disassembly of the game, which would simplify the job)
You would need to modify the Pokemon definitions to assign the new abilities
You would need to code the actual abilities, and point the first table to the implementations - a nightmare without a disassembly with the existing abilities' code identified and commented!

It's more about complexity, than nobody wanting them (though I personally are against abilities :) ) - some people like the one that made gen1/2 remixes for Twitch Plays Pokemon would probably be able to pull it off, but they aren't many!

Last edited by Ryccardo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative