Pokemon Diamond Saves dont load

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by sjt333, Apr 6, 2008.

1. sjt333
    OP

sjt333 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2008
    ive downloaded a couple of saves from websites and converted them to the CycloDsEvo .sav file and renamed them so they match the rom name

i convert them using the shuny converter and the saves are from the same region as the rom

but when i go to start pokemon it just starts a new game

am i doing something wrong with the saves?

2. kazumi213

kazumi213 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2006
    I could test them for you. Upload the original saves somewhere (i.e. SendSpace) and PM me the download link.

3. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    your rom name has to be EXACTLY the same as the SAV name, for instance, if your rom was named POKEMONDP your sav should be POKEMONDP.SAV
    i had the same problem too don't worry

4. kazumi213

kazumi213 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2006
    sjt333 has not confirmed it, but the .DUC save he sent to me matches those available at GameFAQs (there are 3 .DUC-type saves and they are all the same file). After converting, the resulting .SAV has no more than 8 kbytes of useful data, so I think that the problem is just they are all fake. Also, those .DUC saves contain the ASCII string "castlevania" in addition to the "pokemon-related" description.

5. DataDrain

DataDrain Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2006
    Hey, I'm having the same exact problem with the Pokemon Diamond .dat file that I'm using, except the file I'm using is one I copied from awhile back on an older DS, but the same M3 Lite that I had.

6. strata8

strata8 Look! A pointless distraction!

Jun 18, 2007
    over there
    I've had problems with Pokemon Diamond saves as well (.duc). I downloaded some from GameFAQS a while ago, but once I had converted them to .sav, the game told me the save file was corrupt...

Oh well... [​IMG]

7. coolbho3000

coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Apr 29, 2007
    Kikkoman Factory
  8. Duckiee

Duckiee Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2008
    United States
    I have the same problem!