ROM Hack Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Cheat Database

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a currently working "allow following pokemon from the start" code?
Also, I know it's not "technically" from the start, but it really does not take that long to get to that part of the game, get your starter then you could just walk thru walls and get there before everything, walk with your pokemon and get it enabled, then walk back to the start of the game and act as if it was enabled from the start. XD, Just don't run into any scripted events like your rival durring your walk there lol, things get weird when that happens. lol

Last edited by JayBae,

Ineptitude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I checked the main list and its not there, but I often saw ppl. posting codes on the later pages that dont get taken onto the main page (like the current no exp-share).

Walking through walls to unlock that option is.. actually a great idea, Ill do that, thanks!

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I checked the main list and its not there, but I often saw ppl. posting codes on the later pages that dont get taken onto the main page (like the current no exp-share).

Walking through walls to unlock that option is.. actually a great idea, Ill do that, thanks!
Clearly you didn't check hard enough, as it's in both the main page BD 1.1.3 list and BD master cheat file.

Last edited by INSTRUMENTAL,

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@INSTRUMENTAL the critical catch code you made doesn't work for me on 1.1.3. But it's cool, just wanted to let you know. Also did you have any luck with that pokedex Encounter Modifier?
If you are using crit catch along with the 100% catch code, as far as I'm aware, the 100% catch code will override it, as it makes all pokeballs thrown run the masterball check and never fail, so the game never tries to determine if it's a crit catch.

As for the pokedex enc code, not yet. I've found some useful code, but I'm having trouble being able to make a way to pass through the values from one function to another (I'm also back at work, so I've less time to work on it now).

PS: I didn't make the crit catch code

Reactions: uzimakiuchiha

Junkie123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
If you are using crit catch along with the 100% catch code, as far as I'm aware, the 100% catch code will override it, as it makes all pokeballs thrown run the masterball check and never fail, so the game never tries to determine if it's a crit catch.

As for the pokedex enc code, not yet. I've found some useful code, but I'm having trouble being able to make a way to pass through the values from one function to another (I'm also back at work, so I've less time to work on it now).

PS: I didn't make the crit catch code
Is okay, really thankful for taking your own time out on figuring out the pokedex enc code. I been using encounter code so far in shinning pearl, but is abit troublesome to take out and in of my sd card, just to put in the individual pokemon encounter code.
Really **** edizon has a cheat limit of how many cheats it can display :(

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is okay, really thankful for taking your own time out on figuring out the pokedex enc code. I been using encounter code so far in shinning pearl, but is abit troublesome to take out and in of my sd card, just to put in the individual pokemon encounter code.
You can use the Breeze app to edit your codes on the fly, so you don't even have to close the game to make changes to your cheat codes.
You just launch a game, press the home button once you're all loaded in, open the hopmebrew menu via the album, and you can then use Breeze to add, remove and edit the cheat codes for the game that is currently launched in the background.
https://github.com/tomvita/Breeze-Beta

The limit is not within Edizon. From what I've read, we have so many codes that if they're all in one cheat file, we are exceeding Atmosphere's cheatVM byte limit. So once there's too many codes, it can't load past a certain amount.

Junkie123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
You can use the Breeze app to edit your codes on the fly, so you don't even have to close the game to make changes to your cheat codes.
You just launch a game, press the home button once you're all loaded in, open the hopmebrew menu via the album, and you can then use Breeze to add, remove and edit the cheat codes for the game that is currently launched in the background.
https://github.com/tomvita/Breeze-Beta

From what I read, we have so many codes that if they're all in one cheat file, we are exceeding Atmosphere's cheatVM byte limit. So once there's too many codes, it can't load past a certain amount.
WOW, i will be trying this out, thanks!

Reactions: INSTRUMENTAL

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@INSTRUMENTAL the critical catch code you made doesn't work for me on 1.1.3. But it's cool, just wanted to let you know. Also did you have any luck with that pokedex Encounter Modifier?
it works, just don't have 100% catch rate enabled at the same time, both codes aren't meant to be used together.

Reactions: uzimakiuchiha

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH I just use FTP and FileZilla or similar when I move files back and forth, I avoid popping my card in and out if at all possible.

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also Breeze app is very useful, being you can just add the master lists to it, and then find the code ya want, and copy and paste that code directly to the AdiZon cheat file on the fly. Super easy for swapping in and out codes while sorta in a way bypassing that limit by swapping in and out codes. I used it to put together the AdiZon cheat file I'm using, being I have no need for many of the breeding codes and junk, breeding pokemon is not really something I have any interest in. lol, among many other codes I personally have no use for.

Cool thing about Breeze is you don't even have to name the files correctly, I just divide them up into what the codes do, name the .txt files that, and you can open any file in breeze, copy the code ya want, and past it into EdiZon. EZ PZ. Cause it gives ya the option to open any code list in it's directory even if it's not for that paticular game, using that I can open any nammed file I want..

I never download Breeze app's codes tho, most of them are out of date, and far as I know it has no updated codes for BDSP last time I checked, I just use the codes found in this thread.

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we are exceeding Atmosphere's cheatVM byte limit
Why is there a limit? is it a limit in the switch it's self? or do codes have to stick to a particular part of memory at all times that Atmosphere uses? and why can't they store the junk somewhere else and load it in and out on the fly?

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it works, just don't have 100% catch rate enabled at the same time, both codes aren't meant to be used together.
I'm aware, I'm saying it because he has mentioned using them at the same time in a previous message.

Why is there a limit? is it a limit in the switch it's self? or do codes have to stick to a particular part of memory at all times that Atmosphere uses? and why can't they store the junk somewhere else and load it in and out on the fly?
I don't know specifics as to how the Atmosphere CFW works, implements, or allocates anything. I simply know that the Atmosphere's cheat VM has a memory limit to work within.

Also, as a quick PSA: Avoid using FTP to move files around on your SD card. There has been so many complaints and issues caused by random corruptions of users' SD cards that occur when using FTP for years now. It's not worth the hassle.

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also kinda wish someone would re-wright Tesla overlay for EdiZon, When a cheat is named :

[---Item Codes---]
00000000 00000000 00000000

It detects the "00000000 00000000 00000000" and sets it so that it makes it a collapsible list. so you can collapse each section, would make scrolling thru cheats so much more easy. Just scroll to [---Item Codes---] click it and it expands that list.

So it would look somehting like this

Collapsed:

<< [---Item Codes---]

Expanded:

>> [---Item Codes---]

[Items Never Decrease (on) - 1.1.3]

[Items Never Decrease (off) - 1.1.3]

[Item ++ (On)]

[Item ++ (Off)]

Ect...

Does that make sense? lol

or wish wish they would make it that if you push right or left it would scroll up or down down like full sections like 10 at a time or something to make scrolling thru them all much faster.

Also wish it could detect on and off variants of codes, depending how they are laid out in the text file, like if the two cheats have no paragraph break between them, it would just set the cheat to be listed once, and just click it to activate it, and click it off to deactivate, without showing both separate name codes.

for example you'd format the text file like this:

notepad_IHDw2gRSff.png

so like currently it shows for example in Tesla:

[Item ++ (On)] ON

[Item ++ (Off)]

But then instead have it so it shows one:
When toggled on
[Item ++] ON
When toggled off.
[Item ++] OFF

Does that make sense?

of course you'd not be namming it "[Item ++ (On)]" if it worked that way, you'd just name it "[Item ++]". lol

Last edited by JayBae,

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Also kinda wish someone would re-wright Tesla overlay for EdiZon, When a cheat is named :

[---Item Codes---]
00000000 00000000 00000000

It detects the "00000000 00000000 00000000" and sets it so that it makes it a collapsible list. so you can collapse each section, would make scrolling thru cheats so much more easy. Just scroll to [---Item Codes---] click it and it expands that list.

So it would look somehting like this

Collapsed:

Expanded:

Ect...

Does that make sense? lol

or wish wish they would make it that if you push right or left it would scroll up or down down like full sections like 10 at a time or something to make scrolling thru them all much faster.
That already exists. There's a fork of the overlay that has support for sub-categories.

Here's the link: https://github.com/proferabg/EdiZon-Overlay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head