ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

Zeretul4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched through the thread but couldnt find an answer, the game keeps giving me purple screens of death for no reason randomly. i'll just be playing than all of a sudden everything is a shade of purple, a little distorted and the picture just freezes. after a few seconds the sound goes out too. ive looked up the problem and all it keeps saying is that this is an overheating problem, so i got a program to tell me my cpu temperature but it still hapens at average temperature, not really having any correlation. i dont think its me playing too long either because it can hapen anywhere from 2 minutes in to a few hours.

im using desmume v 9.8 and have all the default settings because i dont know what any of them do... is anyone else getting this problem and knows how to fix it? using windows 7 by the way. its making this rom almost unplayable, ive had to replay at least half the game already and saving every minutes gets so tedious. this is such a fun rom and i'd hate to quit it because of technical issues.

RobertEarlWhaley

Trophies
XP
I dunno if this has been brought up or not, or if it's actually a glitch with the hack and not just the regular versions, but I went up against Burgh and I wasn't prepared so he killed both of my pokemon in one turn. When I went to go select the next two to come out, it would only allow me to select one. Whenever I went to pick the next one, it told me that I couldn't switch them out. Being stuck like that, I had to restart the rom, which sucked cause I hadn't saved in awhile. Any ideas?

lolseon

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to import saves from the regular versions of pokémon black and white somehow? Could be a good idea to answer this question in the original post aswell, could be a common question(I didn't try reading through 140+ pages to find the answer, and thread search seems to not work). :P

Is this an odd question though? I really can't be assed to play all the way through past E4 again, and I kinda liked my team :( .

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I searched through the thread but couldnt find an answer, the game keeps giving me purple screens of death for no reason randomly. i'll just be playing than all of a sudden everything is a shade of purple, a little distorted and the picture just freezes. after a few seconds the sound goes out too. ive looked up the problem and all it keeps saying is that this is an overheating problem, so i got a program to tell me my cpu temperature but it still hapens at average temperature, not really having any correlation. i dont think its me playing too long either because it can hapen anywhere from 2 minutes in to a few hours.

im using desmume v 9.8 and have all the default settings because i dont know what any of them do... is anyone else getting this problem and knows how to fix it? using windows 7 by the way. its making this rom almost unplayable, ive had to replay at least half the game already and saving every minutes gets so tedious. this is such a fun rom and i'd hate to quit it because of technical issues.
I honestly have no idea, that's weird ._.; Perhaps try downgrading to the probably more stable 0.9.7? I dunno what else to suggest.

maybe a noobish question but I get "no more room for a new TM" from the professor, any solution?
That's from something I thought I fixed but somehow unfixed. IIRC it's meant to just be like the TM for Quash anyway, it's not a huge deal.

I dunno if this has been brought up or not, or if it's actually a glitch with the hack and not just the regular versions, but I went up against Burgh and I wasn't prepared so he killed both of my pokemon in one turn. When I went to go select the next two to come out, it would only allow me to select one. Whenever I went to pick the next one, it told me that I couldn't switch them out. Being stuck like that, I had to restart the rom, which sucked cause I hadn't saved in awhile. Any ideas?
Go two pages back

Man so many Poke'mon hacks, its enough to make your head spin and cough up pea soup! lol :P
Perhaps, though I've had my thread here longer than the others

KFblade

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. This mod looks awesome, and I really want to play it, but I am on a mac, and I can't seem to get this to work, as I can't use .bat, .xdelta, or .exe files. Am I out of luck, or can anyone offer any advice? Thanks very much.

TTT27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So this might really be a noobish question but i cant seem to figure out the differences between the different types of grass (normal, double, and especially special grass).
I'm at the 3rd gym now and haven't seen any pokemon that would appear in "special grass", as far as i know.

Would be greatly appreciated if someone could explain =)
Great game by the way ^^

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So this might really be a noobish question but i cant seem to figure out the differences between the different types of grass (normal, double, and especially special grass).
I'm at the 3rd gym now and haven't seen any pokemon that would appear in "special grass", as far as i know.

Would be greatly appreciated if someone could explain =)
Great game by the way ^^

Special Grass is Shaking Grass. Double grass is Dark Grass that gets pointed out by Cheren quite early on....

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the special grass is the shaking stuff, it only appears after you got your first badge and it might take some time running around next to some grass, before one spot starts moving.

WIIstpM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not able to play the game :S I'm using a N5 flashcard (R4 clone) w/ Retrogamefan.. But I'm getting errcode=-4... Same goes to Pokemon White Deluxe. Can anybody help me?

However, I remember playing the game 3 months ago but Idk how XD

ashxfizzy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I started playing Blaze Black the other day(my first ever rom) and everything was going good until I tried to get the Liberty Pass. I followed all the directions but for whatever reason I can't get it. Could someone help me out please?

TTT27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Special Grass is Shaking Grass. Double grass is Dark Grass that gets pointed out by Cheren quite early on....

the special grass is the shaking stuff, it only appears after you got your first badge and it might take some time running around next to some grass, before one spot starts moving.

Thanks ^^ I tend to overlook these obvious things ..

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not able to play the game :S I'm using a N5 flashcard (R4 clone) w/ Retrogamefan.. But I'm getting errcode=-4... Same goes to Pokemon White Deluxe. Can anybody help me?

However, I remember playing the game 3 months ago but Idk how XD
I haven't updated since December so presumably it will still work somehow, but I don't know what to suggest :B

So I started playing Blaze Black the other day(my first ever rom) and everything was going good until I tried to get the Liberty Pass. I followed all the directions but for whatever reason I can't get it. Could someone help me out please?
It's kind of hard to help really, since I can't pinpoint where you'd be going wrong. You're sure you followed the instructions exactly? Have you tried again since? Did you remember to check if the delivery man for the ticket was actually there? I'm sorry if that's really not that much help, but it's not a specific problem so, yeah...

Also, random bit of investigation ended up with this crazy looking collection:

IA2Lv.png

Seems editing overworlds alone isn't too hard to do, actually. Of course, I still can't script, so there's not a whole lot that I can do... I think.

Also, just out of curiosity, now that it's been a while what are people's opinions on some of the important fights being doubles/triples? I'm not repeating it in my HGSS hack regardless but I'd like to know how things have been a few months on.

ashxfizzy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of hard to help really, since I can't pinpoint where you'd be going wrong. You're sure you followed the instructions exactly? Have you tried again since? Did you remember to check if the delivery man for the ticket was actually there? I'm sorry if that's really not that much help, but it's not a specific problem so, yeah...
Yeah, I've tried a couple of times. It seems to be working fine on the program, but when I try to save it won't save. That's the main problem i'm having

Retloc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really love the game but it is super slow on my laptop so i tried putting it on my r4i gold plus for my 3ds and i cant get it to play it brings up error code =-4 rom load error if any one know how i can fix this that would make my day, nay year. please if anyone can help i am runings the latest kernel for my 3ds and the game works befor i patch it so im not sure what may be the problem.

Norton Lolimut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also, just out of curiosity, now that it's been a while what are people's opinions on some of the important fights being doubles/triples? I'm not repeating it in my HGSS hack regardless but I'd like to know how things have been a few months on.

I like it, it brings some diversity in the fights.
And I think you should consider making a version of your future hacks in double battles only, like SG being only singles and SS being doubles. It was fun fighting in doubles everytime in Colosseum and XD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries