ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
about the double / triple thing, to be honest, im not the biggest fan of triple battles, at least not on a gym leader setting.
having 6 pokemon of the same typing puts you at some kind of disadvantage, since usually, you have a rounded team, meaning theres often just one or two pokemon with an actual type advantage, one or two somewhat neutral and the rest being on a disadvantage.

so unless you go and change your team around, a lot, you always end up in a disadvantage after the first round (at least in my personal experience)
it wouldnt be so bad against rival type trainers with different types and all

another thing is how obviously, gym leader triple battle teams have fitting moves for triple battles, that just dont have much of a place in a team you need to use in all types of battles. so yeah, of course they are challenging, but mainly cause your own team is rarely created in regards to triple battle tactics. which make them more annoying than actually hard in my eyes. but thats just me

kinda would be awesome if there was a way to chose, how you (the player) wants to battle each gym leader, so you could try it as single, or as double, whatever you feel like.
but i guess that would require scripting again

not surprising, i didnt like only double battles in coloseum and xd either xD felt like you got way to little exp cause you usually shared it, but that could partly also be cause battles in those games took ages... every single one of them felt like a pain at some point

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Drayano, imo I would like the gym leader battles to be randomized each time (if that's even possible). What I mean is, let's say you battle Falkner in your new hack, he starts in a double battle. Should you fail, next time it will be a single battle.

iRyahn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I enjoyed the double/triple/rotation battles. The first gym would be an exception as it was very irritating that I needed 3 pokemon so early on just to fight the gym. At that point I like just sticking onto one or two Pokemon until I get far enough to finally pick up the ones I really want to train. Being forced to use Pokemon that I hate was, meh. I am looking forward to your second HG/SS rom though Drayano, I am sure it will be awesome.

Veekun

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm new here, but I want to say that Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White is amazing and I really enjoy it. I want to ask will you make something like that for Pokemon Black and White 2 ( http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/ ). And if you will, can you make the things every pokemon game need:
- pokemon party, containing at least 8 pokemon (not 6) -mostly because everyone need pokemon for the HMs (and because I want places for all eeveelutions)
- every pokemon to have at least 6 moves positions (not 4) - mostly because it will be very cool
icon1.gif

- and walking pokemon like in HGSS

And can you, please edit a little the eeveelutions cuz they take moves via leveling too slow - throught 7 levels (and give them more moves)

I know I'm asking too much, but I just hope that someday I will play the coolest pokemon game.

And I'm not American, so sorry for my bad English :)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I'm new here, but I want to say that Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White is amazing and I really enjoy it. I want to ask will you make something like that for Pokemon Black and White 2 ( http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/ ). And if you will, can you make the things every pokemon game need:
- pokemon party, containing at least 8 pokemon (not 6) -mostly because everyone need pokemon for the HMs (and because I want places for all eeveelutions)
- every pokemon to have at least 6 moves positions (not 4) - mostly because it will be very cool
- and walking pokemon like in HGSS

And can you, please edit a little the eeveelutions cuz they take moves via leveling too slow - throught 7 levels (and give them more moves)

I know I'm asking too much, but I just hope that someday I will play the coolest pokemon game.

And I'm not American, so sorry for my bad English :)

sorry to say, but all these things are impossible to do. the game itself does not support the display of more than 4 moves, if there was any way to force it to try to display 5, it would most likely crash. same for 8 pokemon. its impossible. (thats why we never ever saw anything in that direction in any hack ever).
there may or may not be a way to trick the game into believing you have a pokemon with every hm move in your party though. you'd have to ask the cheat code people though

following pokemon works on a similar level. since the game doesnt support following pokemon, it cant be done and its not as easy as copying and pasting it from the hg/ss games

you would have to write your own pokemon game to even attempt something similar to all this, and thats... well its enough work for a whole company, you know? no single person and no group of hobby homebrew programmers would be able to do something like this (and they would most likely get sued too)

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, sounds like quite a mixed bag of responses there, heh heh. To be honest I don't think I'm happy with the double/triples myself anymore, I guess I thought it'd work well but it doesn't on the whole o_o; I guess the first gym being a Rotation is a little pointless given I still only have you facing one of the leaders anyway... IDK, I may change it back if I make another version. I haven't really had much reason to return to the B/W hacking table just yet, though.

Veekun, as Clyde kindly explained I can't do any of those. I am intending to make a hack of B2W2 (probably upon its English release) but it'll be a similar style to BBVW, though maybe with the craziness a bit... reduced.

Also, SG/SS will have full and clean versions as well. Though, a better name for the full/clean versions would be nice, given that there's still loads of people who have a low literacy level and have to ask what clean actually means... any suggestions?

(Oh, and the random battle thing is't really possible, either. I could certainly make it switch after each attempt, but given I'd have to make a new trainer battle and whatnot it's too much effort to be worthwhile).

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, SG/SS will have full and clean versions as well. Though, a better name for the full/clean versions would be nice, given that there's still loads of people who have a low literacy level and have to ask what clean actually means... any suggestions?
When will this be?(im not trying to rush u,take ur time)

sleg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the strangest problem...
I grabbed the EU ROM (Black) and patched it with the "full" version, put it on my R4 (original, running the latest Wood kernel), and added the cheats to my cheat file. Everything seemed to go well on all fronts, and this is at least the 30th game I've patched, and I've added far more games/codes to my cheats over the years, so I know how all of those things work. However, when I go to open the codes on my cart before I play the game, the codes shown belong to Plants vs Zombies, and the Blaze Black codes I put in are nowhere to be seen. Even after removing the PvZ entry from the cheat file completely it's the same problem. I haven't been able to turn up anything after a couple hours of searching, so either nobody else has had this issue or I just haven't found the magic keywords that will bring me to it. So, any ideas? Is it maybe just not fully compatible with flash carts? Any help is appreciated.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
^ There's a chance that the rom ID for PvZ is the same as the one your BB. If you have a R4CCE then you could then check if the rom id is the same, though in most cases it should be, and then also check if the rom id for PvZ is the same as your BB id.

iluvfuzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are going to make a hg/ss similar hack. Awesome I shall await for the awesomeness! :)
I'm going to have to look for a tutorial I have no idea how to patch this. If anyone knows of one post me a link or point me in the right direction.
Never mind figured it out will try it soon!

I patched to the clean version. So far it seems to be working great. I've seen a hoothoot, ziggagoon, and bidoof. Didn't catch the ziggagoon. I can't wait to catch all 600 and some. I'm going to play more later, I need to charge my ds. I have a r4i sdhc card if anyone wants to know.

Jameszhang123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, i'm a noob for this hack, but I'm playing volt white, and using the action replay for shaking spots, but I haven't found a single Gible in Wellspring Cave. Is it just my luck or what? I'm using no$gba, and there should be a 20% change, which is pretty high imo... Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Ok, just looked at pokemon changes, it says that shellder dosen't have shell armour as an ability, but it does? I caught two with them... Help would be appreciated

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
um hello if drayanno sorry if i spelled it wrong im japenease man i cant read english good but in japan i heared about u like people saying "DRAYANNO SHOULD MAKE A HACK WITH KAZO WAR" KID #1 "I KNOW THAT WOULD BE TIHT RIHT" kid # 2 and i would like u to help me hack
No you're not. I just checked your IP and you're from Las Vegas, Nevada. Not to mention, you're a dupe of @Big fan of POKEFUN.

Stop making excuses for your English. Japanese people use better English grammar than you do.

Reactions: 2 people

Cease Tick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, sounds like quite a mixed bag of responses there, heh heh. To be honest I don't think I'm happy with the double/triples myself anymore, I guess I thought it'd work well but it doesn't on the whole o_o; I guess the first gym being a Rotation is a little pointless given I still only have you facing one of the leaders anyway... IDK, I may change it back if I make another version. I haven't really had much reason to return to the B/W hacking table just yet, though.

I'd like to add that I've played through this hack three times (including one playthrough where I beat all the bonus fights like Cynthia, Morimoto, etc.) and that the gym fights were easily my favorite part of the game. The new battle types added an extra layer of strategy and fun that I haven't come close to having in any of the main games. Some of the fights were brilliantly inventive, like Brycen and especially Skyla, and some of the single battles like Elesa were dull in comparison*. Personally, I'd be pretty disappointed if you took out all of the double/triple/rotation battles. Well, maybe not the rotation battles, because those are kind of lame.

*As a side note, Elesa could be a great double battle with stuff like Pluse+Minun and being able to abuse combos like Discharge + Lightningrod/Volt Absorb.

Norton Lolimut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey Dray, you said you wanted to change the names "full" and "clean" for your next hacks. I think these two names are easy to understand (even for non-english people) but I might have a suggestion.

Regular/normal/classic for the clean version. So it is just a 493 "regular" hack.
Crazy/funky for the full version. Because fighting/flying Farfetch'ds are quite "crazy".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Elite Beat Agents
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hell yeah
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
    Jayro @ Jayro: I'm Slenderman.