ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hm drayano, i suggest you about checking clean rom, just using ds-scene tools is can checking a clean one or not, but is request internet connection.

link download is on http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=download (request register on this site), DS-Scene Rom Tool 1.0 build 1205. Is not allowed host on any file hosting. so download directly from ds-scene. is automatic checking checksum hash... so some newbie will not confused is not working or searching match clean rom as you have XD

Ah, that might be a good way to check it actually, since I do still get an awful lot of patch problem reports :P I'll take a look, thanks

WOOHOO!!!! Today I finally finish all the post E4 quest, and then... 3.04 release!!!

HOLY DIAPER OF BABY JESUS!!!

I think there's only one thing that it can be done in a situation like this....

Restart a fresh, sweet, wild and exciting NEW game!!! F*** YEAH!!!

Once more time, thank you Drayano for all the hard work this hack represent and the support that you still give us. I can't play the original B&W anymore, because they are sooo boring.... This hack is how it's supposed to be a pokemon game... funny, challenging and full of surprises in every patch of grass.

And twistedfatal..... oohh man, your tools are just AMAZING, and all the research info found in your topics are priceless!!!

THIS. Every time you come out with a new patch, I can't help but abandon my current game and start anew with the fresh version, trying new pokes every time...I've learned to love pokemon I'd never touched before (butterfree and bronzong anyone?) because of this hack, and it's always a new adventure with each patch.

One question, though. Do you have plans to make a "sequel" when the gen 6 games eventually come out? I ask because I dread having to go back to all the weak stats/unedited movesets in order to experience the new pokemon and region :(

Considering 3.04 is barely that different, I'm surprised you're starting again, haha. But good to hear I've made the experience better.
Actually I'm even more surprised you can restart constantly, buddha, I'd get so bored D:

And yeah, assuming the Gen 6 games are hackable then yes, definitely. I've basically made this into a running thing now, the only reasons I won't are if either it's impossible to actually play a hacked ROM (i.e. if it's on 3DS and you can't emulate and/or use a flashcart by that point) or if I somehow get too busy; I suppose Gen 6 probably won't be out until after I've graduated university. How weird =P I'll definitely hack BW's third version though - which I assume is out in Sept 2012 - and I'm looking into going backwards a little too.

That aside, thank you for the compliments and such =3

spasticbuddha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I would never start over more than once or twice on any other pokemon game, but with VW, it really doesn't get boring, due to the changes, as well as the sheer amount of possible pokemon to catch. After all, you can only carry 6 at a time, and even if you rotate some in and out of use, you still only end up using a few per playthrough. So I pick entirely new teams every time, which makes it seem like a new experience. (Plus I use an exp x2 action replay cheat to alleviate the grinding, using x4-x32 if I need to get say, a level 4 up to speed with my lvl 90 party, so that helps get rid of the boredom ofp playing the same thing multiple times :P)

And awesome to hear! I hope it is hackable...damn kids with their 3-D games and their black presidents and their electricity :P but as for going to past gens, didn't you already do that with firered omega and spiritgold?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, suppose the different Pokés do help, but I just hate the beginning of the game, haha. I mean from like the midpoint fair enough, but doing the same bit at the beginning is always so boring ;_;

Well... yes, I did, but I reckon I can improve on Spirit Gold a lot since that was the bare basics of Gen IV hacking; I didn't do that much scripting or graphic editing or music etcetera; there's a lot I can improve on I reckon. FR Omega probably won't get much of an edit but I would be doing Emerald if I changed Gen III at this point anyway.

spasticbuddha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, suppose the different Pokés do help, but I just hate the beginning of the game, haha. I mean from like the midpoint fair enough, but doing the same bit at the beginning is always so boring ;_;

Well... yes, I did, but I reckon I can improve on Spirit Gold a lot since that was the bare basics of Gen IV hacking; I didn't do that much scripting or graphic editing or music etcetera; there's a lot I can improve on I reckon. FR Omega probably won't get much of an edit but I would be doing Emerald if I changed Gen III at this point anyway.

Hahahaha true that...

And if you end up doing spiritgold again, the only request that I have is that you use a rom base that has had the anti-anti piracy patch applied to it...'cause the only spiritgold rom I could find kept crashing and freezing, making it unplayable as with any other unpatched HG/SS rom...Nintendo really went all out on stopping hackers for those games :(

xGreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
:hateit: Ugh, even with v3.04 I get the same error message! I really wish I could play this game on my 3DS instead of an emulator...

Can someone help me out here? I use an R4 3DS upgrade SDHC RTS Lite (R4 Silver) flashcard on my 3DS. It has the latest firmware/kernel on it (v.124 if I recall correctly) but every time I finish patching the ROM and try loading it up I get the same message. ROM load error - Error code= 4.

I tried playing the previous version (v 3.03c) on my Cousins R4 v1.41 on his DS Lite/iXL and it worked perfectly. Sooo, is the problem my flashcard and its firmware? or is it that I have not patched the game properly? I am positive I am using a clean ROM, I used the DS-Scene ROM Tool to confirm that it's clean.

spasticbuddha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...I just saw in the items changes sheet, ice beam is replaced by the god stone. Does that actually do anything in game? or is it like the red chain in d/p/p that had no actual use?

twistedfatal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
:hateit: Ugh, even with v3.04 I get the same error message! I really wish I could play this game on my 3DS instead of an emulator...

Can someone help me out here? I use an R4 3DS upgrade SDHC RTS Lite (R4 Silver) flashcard on my 3DS. It has the latest firmware/kernel on it (v.124 if I recall correctly) but every time I finish patching the ROM and try loading it up I get the same message. ROM load error - Error code= 4.

I tried playing the previous version (v 3.03c) on my Cousins R4 v1.41 on his DS Lite/iXL and it worked perfectly. Sooo, is the problem my flashcard and its firmware? or is it that I have not patched the game properly? I am positive I am using a clean ROM, I used the DS-Scene ROM Tool to confirm that it's clean.
did you patch the rom with the ap fix. namely ( Dicastia-Patch) also the latest firmware for your card is (3DS V2.2.0-4 and DSI V1.4.3 this chould be wrong tho so if it is just ignore this part)

also it seems if u have the dsi enhanced version of the rom it may fail to work on ur 3ds

but tbh i dont really know much about ds cards so these are just guesses

note. http://www.r4isdhc.com/r4-download/

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Hahahaha true that...

And if you end up doing spiritgold again, the only request that I have is that you use a rom base that has had the anti-anti piracy patch applied to it...'cause the only spiritgold rom I could find kept crashing and freezing, making it unplayable as with any other unpatched HG/SS rom...Nintendo really went all out on stopping hackers for those games :(

The thing is, I actually DID apply the AP patch to it - as least as far as I'm aware - which makes it a real pain e_e It's possible I did it wrong but I think HGSS are just unstable on emulators no matter what you do to them :/

hmm...I just saw in the items changes sheet, ice beam is replaced by the god stone. Does that actually do anything in game? or is it like the red chain in d/p/p that had no actual use?
The God Stone has no actual purpose, no, although I changed the item description text on it =P, nothing that special though. I just put it in for fun, and because I had some spare item slots.

The -4 errors occur because the Game ID swaps, which happens whenever I change the scripts. I don't know how to fix it short of RetroGameFan updating his firmware or something though.

xGreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

did you patch the rom with the ap fix. namely ( Dicastia-Patch) also the latest firmware for your card is (3DS V2.2.0-4 and DSI V1.4.3 this chould be wrong tho so if it is just ignore this part)

also it seems if u have the dsi enhanced version of the rom it may fail to work on ur 3ds

but tbh i dont really know much about ds cards so these are just guesses

note. http://www.r4isdhc.com/r4-download/

D

Deleted User

Well, I would never start over more than once or twice on any other pokemon game, but with VW, it really doesn't get boring, due to the changes, as well as the sheer amount of possible pokemon to catch. After all, you can only carry 6 at a time, and even if you rotate some in and out of use, you still only end up using a few per playthrough. So I pick entirely new teams every time, which makes it seem like a new experience. (Plus I use an exp x2 action replay cheat to alleviate the grinding, using x4-x32 if I need to get say, a level 4 up to speed with my lvl 90 party, so that helps get rid of the boredom ofp playing the same thing multiple times :P)

And awesome to hear! I hope it is hackable...damn kids with their 3-D games and their black presidents and their electricity :P but as for going to past gens, didn't you already do that with firered omega and spiritgold?

How did you get the exp cheats to work? Whenever I try it crashes my emulator

spasticbuddha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

well, it could depend on several factors; I:

am using an unpatched european rom of white as the base for VW
am using desmume to run it
get my AR codes from this site: http://pkmcodedepo.i...lack-and-white/ (exp codes are under the "us/eu item and encounter codes" link)

Now, if those specific codes from that site don't work on desmume, the problem may be the rom you used to patch VW/BB with. You may have used a US rom instead of a EU rom or something. I'd be willing to try (and I do mean TRY, no guarantees, as I downloaded it seven months ago) to find the link to the specific white rom I used to patch it if you PM me.

spasticbuddha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

well, it could depend on several factors; I:

am using an unpatched european rom of white as the base for VW
am using desmume to run it
get my AR codes from this site: http://pkmcodedepo.i...lack-and-white/ (exp codes are under the "us/eu item and encounter codes" link)

Now, if those specific codes from that site don't work on desmume, the problem may be the rom you used to patch VW/BB with. You may have used a US rom instead of a EU rom or something. I'd be willing to try (and I do mean TRY, no guarantees, as I downloaded it seven months ago) to find the link to the specific white rom I used to patch it if you PM me.

or, of course you could have entered/copied and pasted the codes incorrectly....simple stuff like that can screw you over...

No inspiration

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could somebody help me? I have a mac, and I can't patch. I use a ttds. Could someone give me the links for the full version of Volt white and the firmware I need? (Volt-white may be version 3.04 or 3.03 if the firmware is not ready for 3.04 yet). I would really appreciate it!

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Could somebody help me? I have a mac, and I can't patch. I use a ttds. Could someone give me the links for the full version of Volt white and the firmware I need? (Volt-white may be version 3.04 or 3.03 if the firmware is not ready for 3.04 yet). I would really appreciate it!
if full version is a ROM, you just check on drayano youtube channel, and don't trying pm to someone to ask about that.

No inspiration

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I already downloaded that rom for my ttds, but it wouldn't work because of error=-4.
So it is or the rom or the firmware.

Edit: The video in on youtube in which the download links are only includes clean roms of 3.03, not the full versions anymore.

unknownnumber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just one question, sorry if this has been asked earlier:

I'm german so i play my .nds roms in german. When i use ur hack, is the hacked rom english then?

D

Deleted User

So I downloaded the 3.04 rom from the video on youtube and it's titled the full version but my starter doesn't have the right ability and it's all still normal

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, you'll have to use an English ROM as a base regardless, but yeah the text will be in English.

You're being a bit obvious with the location there, Kev, but you're positive it's all the same? Hm...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work