ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

conannkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, that is disappointing, all the work from the original Black files. But I have to restart now to enjoy the glory that is 3.0. Let the salvaging begins.

Generation 16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I don't have any programs that read doc files. Would you mind making an rtf of "Important Trainer Rosters.doc?"
Nice hack by the way, just restarted into 3.0 and already having a blast.
I can also report that getting the national Pokedex and the liberty ticket worked fine.

Ninja_13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say that those cheat codes are a godsend; the movement speed and battle message ones remove the insufferable slowness of my emulator so that I can play it at a bearable pace, although the computer anywhere code seems to freeze my emulator. Is there a special method to using the code so it doesn't do that?

Anyways, I'd be Nuzlocking it right now, but I'm going to be posting it to the Nuzlocke forums, and I'm not sure whether I want to do tedious, time-consuming screenshots or try to figure out how to Livestream it effectively, since I've never used it before. Since it's a blind run, this means that I can't proceed until I know which one I want to do.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Drayano,

Thank you for making and sharing this major mod.
I am playing a new game of Blaze Black 3.0 (Full) on a NDS XL with a DSTWO. I have one badge.
This is definitely better than the real thing. Your documentation is outstanding.
I need to make these last until Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (USA) becomes available on September 19.
DQM/DWM games are my favorite series, but I think B&W with all the MODS and extras are now worth more in replay value.
Pokemon games are getting better, while other great RPGs seem to be fading away on DS.

Maybe you could add some value to DQM:J2 if it ever really shows up?
Is there any other real RPG expected for DS? Pokemon Gray, maybe?

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Twanny Bizzle-Th

Trophies
Somewhere pulling my pants up. I need a belt. :\
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, okay! So, v-3's out, eh? Hehehehe...Alright, I'm on it broski. Once I'm done with the playthrough of Blaze Black, I'll probably start on a version 3 of my mod.

But for now, I'm just gonna relax and see what you're game have to offer. Expect a vid...SOON.

I'll probably start with the 2nd rival battle against Bianca/Cheren. I'm pretty sure nobody wants to watch two Pokemon using Tackle, growl, tail whip, over and over again.

Damn, it one last thing I wanted to suggest, but since you've already updated your mod, I think it's a bit too late. It's was nothing, only with Serperior and Power Whip, unless you've already added this, then...Disregard that statement.

Alright, I'm off.

Goesting

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to play the Clean version of blaze black on my DSTT (with WOOD R4), but the game keeps giving errors when a fight with a rival should start.

It gave errors @ bianca, i played further with the Full hacked version which worked fine, but when i used the clean version again it kept giving errors at N.

Is there a way to solve this?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you (re)downloaded the clean version in the last 9 hours or so? There was a problem on it I had to fix

Although if it's with Bianca... haven't seen that before D=

edit: Just did a quick test with the Clean VW and it seems fine on my end

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why the Computer anywhere code freezes No$GBA. I mean you can't even enter the code in the list without the emu crashing

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I have never got why that happens, but it seems to happen to everyone

It's probably not the button activation bit, but it is true that there aren't many other codes that use start

spasticbuddha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to have internet access for a while starting tomorrow, so I decided to head to this page to see if maybe, just maybe 3.0 had been released yet. Upon seeing the Megaupload link, my day has been made. You are a god among men Drayano.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Generation 16 said:
Hey, I don't have any programs that read doc files. Would you mind making an rtf of "Important Trainer Rosters.doc?"
I can also report that getting the national Pokedex and the liberty ticket worked fine.
Good to hear =] Uhh, I probably can but the problem is Wordpad's thingy is too small to show everything, the sixth one gets cut off iirc >_<

Ninja_13 said:
Just wanted to say that those cheat codes are a godsend; the movement speed and battle message ones remove the insufferable slowness of my emulator so that I can play it at a bearable pace, although the computer anywhere code seems to freeze my emulator. Is there a special method to using the code so it doesn't do that?

Anyways, I'd be Nuzlocking it right now, but I'm going to be posting it to the Nuzlocke forums, and I'm not sure whether I want to do tedious, time-consuming screenshots or try to figure out how to Livestream it effectively, since I've never used it before. Since it's a blind run, this means that I can't proceed until I know which one I want to do.
Don't think there is, that one always seems to freeze for some reason

Not sure if I'd Livestream if the emulator is that crap, hah

BurlyEd said:
@Drayano,

I am playing a new game of Blaze Black 3.0 (Full) on a NDS XL with a DSTWO. I have one badge.
This is definitely better than the real thing. Your documentation is outstanding.
I need to make these last until Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (USA) becomes available on September 19.
DQM/DWM games are my favorite series, but I think B&W with all the MODS and extras are now worth more in replay value.
Pokemon games are getting better, while other great RPGs seem to be fading away on DS.

grog.gif
lecture.gif
Thanks =] Uhh, I doubt I could, I've never played any of the Dragon Quest games so I probably wouldn't have any idea what I'm doing tbh. Yeah, I reckon the third BW will be on the DS personally.

QUOTE(Twanny Bizzle-The Bandit @ Aug 7 2011, 11:20 PM)
Ahh, okay! So, v-3's out, eh? Hehehehe...Alright, I'm on it broski. Once I'm done with the playthrough of Blaze Black, I'll probably start on a version 3 of my mod.

But for now, I'm just gonna relax and see what you're game have to offer. Expect a vid...SOON.

I'll probably start with the 2nd rival battle against Bianca/Cheren. I'm pretty sure nobody wants to watch two Pokemon using Tackle, growl, tail whip, over and over again.

Damn, it one last thing I wanted to suggest, but since you've already updated your mod, I think it's a bit too late. It's was nothing, only with Serperior and Power Whip, unless you've already added this, then...Disregard that statement.

Alright, I'm off.
Power Whip is in already :3

conann: Regardless of whether you mean the actual attacks or level up moves, it was all done with a hex editor. Attacks I just used crystaltile2 for via the index that comes up when you open a .narc, level up moves I had to split into the individual files with the kiwi ds editor and then hex edit each one

Twanny Bizzle-Th

Trophies
Somewhere pulling my pants up. I need a belt. :\
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Drayano said:
Generation 16 said:
Good to hear =] Uhh, I probably can but the problem is Wordpad's thingy is too small to show everything, the sixth one gets cut off iirc >_<

Ninja_13 said:

Don't think there is, that one always seems to freeze for some reason

Not sure if I'd Livestream if the emulator is that crap, hah

BurlyEd said:
@Drayano,

grog.gif
lecture.gif
Thanks =] Uhh, I doubt I could, I've never played any of the Dragon Quest games so I probably wouldn't have any idea what I'm doing tbh. Yeah, I reckon the third BW will be on the DS personally.

QUOTE(Twanny Bizzle-The Bandit @ Aug 7 2011, 11:20 PM)

Alright, I'm off.
Power Whip is in already :3

conann: Regardless of whether you mean the actual attacks or level up moves, it was all done with a hex editor. Attacks I just used crystaltile2 for via the index that comes up when you open a .narc, level up moves I had to split into the individual files with the kiwi ds editor and then hex edit each one

Yeah, I noticed once I open the doc, sorry for asking before. I'm about start uploading: 1st battle with N and 2nd battle with Bianca, I skipped the first fight, you know why: Tackle, Tail Whip crap. Anyways, expect it up soon.

conannkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drayano said:

Oh ok. I was interested in editing the actual attacks. Would you mind telling me the location of the attacks .narc file at when using NitroEx?

Edit: I found it. It's a/0/2/1. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit#2: I've come to understand the basic of editing the bytes after a little more research, however, how do you figure out which move is corresponding to each offset? Is there an index somewhere that I haven't figure out yet? Would you mind guiding me a little bit through this? Thanks.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
conannkid said:
Drayano said:

Oh ok. I was interested in editing the actual attacks. Would you mind telling me the location of the attacks .narc file at when using NitroEx?

Edit: I found it. It's a/0/2/1. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit#2: I've come to understand the basic of editing the bytes after a little more research, however, how do you figure out which move is corresponding to each offset? Is there an index somewhere that I haven't figure out yet? Would you mind guiding me a little bit through this? Thanks.
Yes is on "a/0/2/1" , oh is a attack move data XD sorry

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
to use the comp everywhere cheat close your game.......if you are using an emulator then before opening the game enter the cheat then click open and then open the saved file....after this is done go to pokecenter open pc and look at your pokes while looking hit the shift button and have fun

ps i suggest you dont use it you will face a problem after E4 at a place near BC/WF

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wrong narc Andi =p

conann, you want two things; crystaltile2, and a certain page:

http://filetrip.net/f23649-CrystalTile2-2010-09-06.html
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_moves

Open up the a021 narc file with crystaltile2, then a white box should pop up with a bunch of numbers, like an index. The numbers correspond to how the attacks are ordered in that list on Bulbapedia, so it's easy enough to do.

Power and accuracy you can probably see instantly, but the rest I don't really know as I never bothered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo