ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

neodyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having a problem booting up the game now x.x when i do all i get is a white screen, and the game doesn't load any further, help anybody? i'm running an r4 v1.31 wood i believe if that helps

Fantasyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, an update on my ongoing Nuzlocke, since Drayano asked for them.
smile.gif

THAT FIRST GYM BATTLE. NEVER AGAIN. Chili nearly killed me, but maybe that's because I suck at rotation battles. I decided to use a life system beforehand (each one has 3 lives), so no one on my team has died (yet). 2-3 of my team have lost one life already. Now, I'm grinding on Audinos before I try to tackle Lenora. Which leads up to this next question: How do I input the 'cheat codes' into the game? I'm not entirely sure if the r4 will work with my action replay, and I'd like to speed up the level-grinding process.
I kinda feel stupid for asking...

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Life system, eh? Makes me wonder how badly Chili would have destroyed you if that wasn't there D= This is why I'm scared to make some of these gym fights into more than singles...

To use the codes, you need to download something called R4CCE and open up your usrcheat.dat (or create a new one, and I forgot the exact location :x) and just add in the codes using the options in the program.

Fantasyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he would have wiped out half my team. If only I had my Marshtomp Hammer during that fight. I'm going to be at least level 25 before I try to take down Lenora. Also, I think that triple/rotation battles for the gym leaders is a neat idea; it makes the game more challenging. Especially for those doing Nuzlockes!
Thanks for the help! XD

Norton Lolimut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Drayano. Like others, I created an account on Gbatemp to give you some feedback. Alright, the hacks are awesome, blah blah blah, I bet everybody told you that before.
I just have some ideas :

It would be good to make Kyurem, Keldeo and Meloetta learn their event moves (Freeze Shock, Ice Burn, Secret Sword, AncientVoice), like you made Victini learn V-Create. Especially for Meloetta because I think a form-changer move is quite important.
Also, maybe another legit way to have special items like Soul Dew (I don't know if Lati@s have it already) or why not Cherish Balls, by giving them to wild legendaries (Mew, Victini, etc).
And I hate to see "no changes" for Pokémon that deserve changes. I'm thinking of Gastrodon which totally need some improvement (maybe more HP, or if you're crazy, try Sap Sipper), and I think Misdreavus and Mismagius deserve a second ability, like Magic Guard or Prankster.

Alright, keep up the good work, can't wait for 3.0.0 !

Also guys, for nuzlocking the first gym, my advice is to level up your monkey to level 14, do six hone claws, and [censored] the opponent's team.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I really should try a Nuzlocke on this myself sometime, seems really hard :x

As for your suggestions, Norton:
- I meant to give Kyurem its likely signature moves in the first place, giving it Blue Flare and Bolt Strike was a complete error on my part. I'll be fixing that~
- Keldeo and Meloetta should learn theirs by the events anyway. Of course, if I'm wrong and they have to be fateful encounters, then I'll gladly add it in.

IIRC, you can pick up a Soul Dew in Challenger's Cave now. I think I put it on the bottom floor? I probably could put more Cherish Balls around, although Juniper already gives you a few (maybe I should boost that up to like 50 or something.)

Yeah, I need to go through the Pokés again and see if there's more I can do. I could give Gastrodon even more HP if I'm feeling like a laugh. Probably no second ability for the ghosts, although I'd like to Levitate is too valuable. I already regret having Gengar with Magic Guard and Rotom with Motor Drive, so...

Thanks for the feedback :]

Norton Lolimut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I didn't try for Keldeo, but the Meloetta I caught in the Dreamyard in a previous patch totally couldn't learn AncientVoice, so I guess they need to be fateful encounters to learn it.

And for the ghosts, maybe a little boost for Mismagius stats (like HP/Atk/Def 60 -> 65~70) ? Or Hyper Voice, maybe (it makes sense since Mismagius has other "sound" moves). I was thinking of giving it an exclusive Psychic/Ghost type since Mismagius is the Magical Pokémon, but I guess another weakness to ghost and dark really isn't a good boost.

Also, there is Ice Beam. If I remember correctly, Misdreavus could learn it in Crystal thanks to a move tutor.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I see :x I'll go ahead and add it in then.

Hyper Voice works, Ice Beam probably doesn't (I checked around but it doesn't seem Missy could learn IB in Crystal after all...).

Stat boost sounds fine to me.

megagodx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some Pokemon could really use a BST makeover. Notable ones include:

Code:
Pikachu

HP:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ35 -> 40
ATK:ÂÂÂÂÂÂ55 -> 65
DEF:ÂÂÂÂÂÂ30 -> 30
SP.ATK: 50 -> 70
SP.DEF: 40 -> 40
SPD:ÂÂÂÂÂÂ90 -> 105

BST: 300 -> 350

Code:
Raichu

HP:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ60 -> 65
ATK:ÂÂÂÂÂÂ90 -> 105
DEF:ÂÂÂÂÂÂ55 -> 55
SP.ATK: 90 -> 110
SP.DEF: 80 -> 80
SPD:ÂÂÂÂÂÂ100 -> 110

BST: 475 -> 525

Moves:

- Psystrike should have 120 BP, 90% Acc
- Aqua Ring/Ingrain should restore 1/8th maximum HP
- Aeroblast should increase Critical Ratio by 2 stages instead of 1

Pokemon:

- Aggron line should get Huge Power as an ability option
- Mewtwo should be able to learn Nasty Plot

Ability Changes:

- Give Shell Armor/Battle Armor ability an effect that grants the holder a 1.15x def/spdef (15%) increase in addition to its current affect.
- Huge Power should double Special Attack while Pure Power doubles Attack.
- Air Lock should permanently remove weather conditions upon entry.
- Ice Body/Rain Dish should restore 1/8th maximum HP in their respective weather.
- Unnerve should disregard stat boosts on the opponent

Misc Changes:

- Let Hail weather DOUBLE the Defense of Ice-types

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
megagodx said:
Some Pokemon could really use a BST makeover. Notable ones include:

Code:
Pikachu

HP:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ35 -> 40
ATK:ÂÂÂÂÂÂ55 -> 65
DEF:ÂÂÂÂÂÂ30 -> 30
SP.ATK: 50 -> 70
SP.DEF: 40 -> 40
SPD:ÂÂÂÂÂÂ90 -> 105

BST: 300 -> 350

Code:
Raichu

HP:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ60 -> 65
ATK:ÂÂÂÂÂÂ90 -> 105
DEF:ÂÂÂÂÂÂ55 -> 55
SP.ATK: 90 -> 110
SP.DEF: 80 -> 80
SPD:ÂÂÂÂÂÂ100 -> 110

BST: 475 -> 525

I'll consider some bst arrangement, particularly for Raichu

Moves:

- Psystrike should have 120 BP, 90% Acc Pointless, it's powerful enough already
- Aqua Ring/Ingrain should restore 1/8th maximum HP this isn't possible to do
- Aeroblast should increase Critical Ratio by 2 stages instead of 1 same as above

Pokemon:

- Aggron line should get Huge Power as an ability option this contradicts something else you've stated, and still, no
- Mewtwo should be able to learn Nasty Plot maybe, but it really isn't necessary

Ability Changes:

- Give Shell Armor/Battle Armor ability an effect that grants the holder a 1.15x def/spdef (15%) increase in addition to its current affect. not possible
- Huge Power should double Special Attack while Pure Power doubles Attack. not possible
- Air Lock should permanently remove weather conditions upon entry. not possible
- Ice Body/Rain Dish should restore 1/8th maximum HP in their respective weather. not possible
- Unnerve should disregard stat boosts on the opponent not possible

Misc Changes:

- Let Hail weather DOUBLE the Defense of Ice-types not possible

Too many of your suggestions are asking for things that need like proper editing, rather than just changing variables, and unfortunately it isn't something I could do. I'd definitely take that Hail suggestion otherwise.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@drayano: yes, is proper editing, must know how to work for these feature, since is not same as HGSS on engine/ i mean is different than old gen. for move is possible to change variable only but is need a research for success. since move combination is need more byte in some move is too complex than HGSS.

for move, is just variable i think so is possible to edit them....

megagodx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Huge Power Aggron thing was meant to be fun. Since Aggron sort of sucks when there's better Rock/Steel-types of there offensively and defensively. That would give him an interesting niche as a Special or mixed attacker.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
megagodx said:
The Huge Power Aggron thing was meant to be fun. Since Aggron sort of sucks when there's better Rock/Steel-types of there offensively and defensively. That would give him an interesting niche as a Special or mixed attacker.
Oh right, I see

Aggron does have the same base SAtk as Medicham, so it actually would have worked out :x But yeah, it's still not possible unfortunately :/

conannkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drayano, I recently noticed that the Team Plasma members on Liberty Garden did not receive a team edit. Whether or not you forgot to edit them or you did not intend to edit them, I just thought you should know.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just didn't bother because you normally won't be able to access the island without being in a specific time frame. If I could give the Liberty Ticket I would, but that alone doesn't activate the event e-e

Norton Lolimut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also, you probably tried, but just in case, I'll ask it : can you give the national Pokédex very early in the game (bonus points if given by Juniper just after the first battle) ? It is, in my opinion, the only important feature still not in your hack.
If you can't do it (I suppose it would be a pain to make it possible), just ignore my post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...