ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tai Le Ree said:
Why not give unown its moveset used against you in stadium 2?
I forget it exactly but it had more than hidden power.
I don't recall any such Unown, you'll have to show me it if there's a difference

Also Mew in route 1 shaking grass 1% would be a good throwback to the Pokémon Special.
The reason I hated the original legendary version was because you could get legendaries ridiculously early. Throwback or not, it's kind of dumb to do something like that I reckon. Not to mention it's Kanto Route 1, not Unova.

Cynthia having ANY sinnoh legend would be nice
Not happening I'm afraid, Morimoto is the only exception I'm making.

Change one of the rematchable trainers to have 6 high level audino or blissey for grinding.
There actually are two rematchable trainers in the domes that do this; the nurse has six Audino and the doctor six Blissey.

Change what youngster Joey says and possibly give his ratatta perfect ivs like in hg/ss
I've actually done both already~

Lucario's steel typing makes it bad, change it to something else of your choice not weak to common types. Psychic might be a good idea but I'm not sure.
I can't see any other type fitting him. I'm adverse to changing types just for the sake of better competitiveness; every type change I've done thus far has an appearance root. While Psychic could work, there's already two Pokémon with that typing.

Hatchetball said:
QUOTE(Drayano @ Jun 9 2011, 01:58 PM) This game is very well done
I hope more Pokemon got altered base stats and TYPING

Because I can just use PokeGen for altered Ability or Moveset, but I can't change the Base Stat and Typing

Here's some suggestion:
- Electrode = Elec/Normal (STAB Explosion, WOW) Definitely not, and Electrode has terrible attack anyway.
Electrode's attack isn't that bad considering it outspeeds everything. Typing it with normal is not needed, if anything Steel is needed, an a better move pool. He's not that bad and is pretty common in OU and Ubers.
50 base really isn't that much regardless of Speed. I honestly can't see Electrode as anything aside from pure Electric, nor can I really see any way to expand its movepool, even if it is poor. Though I might be forgetting something obvious.

Also, I have never seen an Electrode when playing Gen V PO o_o You're sure it's common?

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drayano said:
50 base really isn't that much regardless of Speed. I honestly can't see Electrode as anything aside from pure Electric, nor can I really see any way to expand its movepool, even if it is poor. Though I might be forgetting something obvious.

Also, I have never seen an Electrode when playing Gen V PO o_o You're sure it's common?
Gen V metagame is too screwed up right now, people are still testing Gen V's lol that's why you haven't seen it.
Electrode happens to be a huge, but frail, threat in the metagame. There's a bunch of ways to use them. Rain Dance for example, Electrode is the fastest user of Rain Dance and benefits hugely by being able to hit with it's decent Sp.Atk STAB Thunders. It's frail but can take down the like of Kyogre and anything that doesn't resist it if trained properly and used strategicly, much like any Pokemon. (Metapod Apocalypse

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I seriously have never seen an Electrode in Gen 5 o_o, and the Rain Dance thing is kinda moot with Politoed running around with Drizzle. Eh, I'll see if I can do anything.

Yes, saves are always compatible with the versions. In fact you could use the save with an original BW if you wanted to for some reason.

Anyway, I'm thinking I'm going to take a break on the main bulk of the hacking until I get my exams over with, so I probably won't resume until about June 24th. I've got a lot I need to do before I can release this update e_e Especially since I'm going through every generic trainer battle now too, to try and get your PokéDex to close as full as possible before the first time you beat Ghetsis. I did a decent job of it already, but there were a couple missing and I was a bit unhappy with how late some things showed up. There's a couple that'll only be seen postgame like Volcarona and probably Garchomp, but otherwise I'm hoping to get as many in as possible, legendaries aside.

After that, there probably won't be much else, though if Alpha happens to release a 5th gen PPRE that has scripting built in, then I'll probably change up a couple things and release a 4.0. Proper Gym Leader rematches and one-time legendary encounters! A man can dream.

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drayano said:
I seriously have never seen an Electrode in Gen 5 o_o, and the Rain Dance thing is kinda moot with Politoed running around with Drizzle. Eh, I'll see if I can do anything.
Everyone brings up the fail-toad LOL - Which would be the best partner for doubles with Electrode. Instant Thunder's destroying teams, STAB'd with Rain up.
Think we need to battle and I'll show you how Electrode is used, and can be used effectively in OU/Ubers Drayano
biggrin.gif
(Cept I don't compete in Ubers, as legends make the game lame...)

bogusdd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
electrode is way too predictable to be of much use against anyone who comp. battles much
I mean its rain dance and thunder all the way (explode)
In ubers yeah you can set rain dance but everyone uses kyogre anyway so why bother
a non stabbed thunder from something like kyogre is probably just as strong (honestly i haven't bothered with elec since beginning of 4th gen)
groudon walls any electrode i can think off (as does zekrom/dialga/blissey/garchomp though i guess hp ice might sting)

yeah it can explode but explosion is nerfed and yeah it can taunt but there's always prankster

also thundurus exists (+1 rain dance, +1 taunt, stab thunder, stab flying- if only he got hurricane)

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
Drayano said:
Everyone brings up the fail-toad LOL - Which would be the best partner for doubles with Electrode. Instant Thunder's destroying teams, STAB'd with Rain up.
Think we need to battle and I'll show you how Electrode is used, and can be used effectively in OU/Ubers Drayano
biggrin.gif
(Cept I don't compete in Ubers, as legends make the game lame...)
lol don't take this the wrong way but I don't think you've been playing very good players in 5th gen. Electrode is pretty terrible this gen, especially since Explosion is all but worthless this gen, due to it getting nerfed hardcore. So many better options

suaqua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if I have sugested this already but yanmega should be bug dragon and glalie should definitely be ice/steel

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I'm really not convinced about Electrode o_o; I know it made a decent lead for Rain Dance teams in fourth gen UU, but there's really next to nothing it can do in 5th gen that somebody else can't do better. Politoed negates any need for actually using Rain Dance (unless you want to use Swift Swim and are playing with Smogon rules) and its attack stats are terrible; a Politoed + x using Thunder combination could work better with a multitude of other Pokémon like Thundurus or Zapdos, sacrificing a fair bit of speed for a lot more power.

But this isn't a competitive site or hack anyway; as it stands, I still don't know how I can actually improve Electrode. Perhaps a Special Attack increase is in order? It's a shame most of the 'ball' moves are nothing to do with the Pokémon being a ball, or I could give Electrode a few of them right off the bat.

suaqua, you have indeed suggested the Yanmega before, and I still don't particularly want to do it. The main reason is that you'd pretty much have to give it Levitate, which is a complete waste of Yanmega's two very good abilities. Yanmega definitely flies around so it would be awkward to have it weak to Ground-types. I did sort of negate that by allowing Masquerain to still have Intimidate in addition to its new Levitate, but yeah, Masquerain had no second ability prior.

I really don't know if I like Ice/Steel Glalie or not e_e I don't want to go overboard on the type changes, y'know? It looks a little sloppy if you change too much characteristic stuff like that.

In fact, it'd actually make more sense if Glalie was Ice & Rock: "Glalie has a body made of rock, which it hardens with an armor of ice. This Pokémon has the ability to freeze moisture in the atmosphere into any shape it desires," so says its Ruby PokéDex entry. Ice/Rock would be a unique combination too, although...

Weaknesses
---
Fighting * 4
Rock * 2
Steel * 4
Water * 2
Grass * 2
Ground * 2

Resistances
---
Ice * 2
Normal * 2
Flying * 2
Poison * 2

It fixes Glalie's Fire weakness, but leaves it susceptible to a lot of other stuff. On the other hand, Ice/Steel would give:

Weaknesses
---
Fighting * 4
Fire * 4
Ground * 2

Resistances
---
Bug, Dark, Dragon, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel * 2
Ice * 4

So Ice/Steel is definitely the superior typing, although it still leaves Glalie with two quadruple weaknesses. I dunno, really. Ice/Steel is definitely better, but Ice/Rock makes more sense...

On that note, I'm definitely making a clean version along with the regular version of 3.0. The amount of changes is beginning to get out of hand D:

suaqua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be fine if yanmega can be hit by ground attacks because its bug typing makes it resistant to it anyways and glalie just should be part steel, it is a steel ball with icy features

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I honestly don't know what to do with Yanmega. It being affected by Ground moves seems silly, but then again Beedrill and Dustox do it too. I'll consider it, but I can't promise anything.

Glalie has the appearance of a hockey mask but it isn't actually one; there's a pretty key difference there. I'll probably do something with it, though whether I'll go for Ice/Rock or Ice/Steel is debatable at this point.

What have I got already:
- Masquerain
- Volbeat
- Illumise
- Electivire
- Serperior
- Pignite
- Emboar
- Dewott
- Samurott
- Beartic
- Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle

So that's 13 type changes already. I probably forgot something too. It really is getting extensive x_x

lewyp1

The Greatest Evil Genius/Mad Scientist in history.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would love to see the power of Glaciate raised for Kyurem, possibly up to the same power as Reshiram and Zekrom's signature moves and also the possibility of adding Freeze Shock and Ice Burn to Kyurem's moveset since they are speculated to be Kyurems signature attacks.

Arshes91

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
to be honest my friend adding dragon, fight, dark is a total fail thrust me because serperior is not a dragon but a snake like grass/poison, samurott remain water whitout add the second just strong, emboar will remain fire/fight because it looks very like a sumo fighter

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
FatefulEncounter said:
is there no Move Editor? didn't see one mentioned on the first page :/
Drayano is edit moveset/wild/pokemon/ect by HEX editor(but since someone was create tools so drayano used these tools for more speed than manual editing)~ yes is hard and need time but is safer than using TOOLS. be patient,you can ask twistfatal for moveset editor~ but he tools not edit all byte... so manual editing is best for manipulate all data..... not just a basic variable ...

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Arshes91 said:
to be honest my friend adding dragon, fight, dark is a total fail thrust me because serperior is not a dragon but a snake like grass/poison, samurott remain water whitout add the second just strong, emboar will remain fire/fight because it looks very like a sumo fighter
Haven't we sorted out this before? o_o I'll mention Serperior is serpentine and in the Dragon egg group, and being a grass snake it isn't poisonous in the least. So Dragon actually DOES make more sense than Poison. I'll be bringing out a Clean version with 3.0 anyway, so just wait until then.

Also, it might just be me but you use "my friend" in the oddest of places...

QUOTE(FatefulEncounter @ Jun 12 2011, 11:21 AM) is there no Move Editor? didn't see one mentioned on the first page :/
Nope, I did that bit all via hex. In fact I did almost all of this via hex :x twistedfatal has one in progress (I'm assuming you mean editing level up moves and whatnot) but it isn't complete yet.

I've been redoing the important rosters document too as a result of everything else I've been suggested to/been thinking of changing, and I'm really happy with how this new layout has turned out, so I wanted to show you a picture: http://i53.tinypic.com/xc426b.png

See if you can spot what's new.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny