twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
zht1997 said:
Spenstar said:
Dann Woolf said:
Got a couple of questions.

1: Once version 7 comes out will I be able to continue my version 6 save? Just patch another clean rom and keep going?

2: Once the American version comes out will it be possible to convert my current save to work with it?
Answer:

1. Yes, just patche a clean ROM with the new version of the translation patch. Then make sure the newly patched ROM has the same name as your previous save file.
eg: 'Pokemon White.nds' and 'Pokemon White.sav' will work
smile.gif

2. The Japanese version of the save should work with other region versions of the games, just make sure the game and the save have the same names as mentioned before.
Reason for Edit: Silly typos[/p]
um... the sav won't work with the other region version of the game bacause they have different game ID

um... the game doesn't care. You can use a Pearl save with Diamond, etc. IF the GameID is even stored in the SAV, you can just hex it.

Arshes91

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
closedeyes.gif
Hmm curtesly strange i full played pokemon white with english Spenstar translation and cheat code for No$gba is working without problems bugs And other thing for me
mellow.gif

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
zht1997 said:
um... the sav won't work with the other region version of the game bacause they have different game ID
um... the game doesn't care. You can use a Pearl save with Diamond, etc. IF the GameID is even stored in the SAV, you can just hex it.
Fishaman P is right, the region and game ID doesn't affect the save from not working.
With all the past Pokemon games, their saves have been able to work with all their respective regions of the game.

shayminSKY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
found out why it gives you the white forest glitch. Ok, this is why it does it. If you start a sav file on a black rom, then play that sav file to the elite 4 on white, the game is messed up on what place to go giving you a glithy game. Its tru test it!

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i'd just like to thank everyone involved with making this translation. this is an awesome piece of work. best fan translation ever
biggrin.gif
(well that i've played)
thanks so much!

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shayminSKY said:
found out why it gives you the white forest glitch. Ok, this is why it does it. If you start a sav file on a black rom, then play that sav file to the elite 4 on white, the game is messed up on what place to go giving you a glithy game. Its tru test it!

why would you start on a black sav and then move to a white sav....? trying to catch all the boys?? if so...................nice idea actually!! could easily complete your dex!!

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishykipper said:
why would you start on a black sav and then move to a white sav....? trying to catch all the boys?? if so...................nice idea actually!! could easily complete your dex!!
Haha, I guess thats one way to "Catch em all"
tongue.gif

zht1997

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
zht1997 said:
how do u hex it i wanna know

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
zht1997 said:
Fishaman P said:
zht1997 said:

You take a hex editor, open the SAV, find the GameID (or whatever you wanna hex) and change it. Then save.

Next time, I would advise you to sound a little less n00bish.

Saxisai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, now that the names of the pokemon have been localized, will you be replacing the translated Japanese names with these??

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saxisai said:
Question, now that the names of the pokemon have been localized, will you be replacing the translated Japanese names with these??
That is mostly up to Kaarosu. Though if he doesn't put the localized names in the next patch, I can do it and post a patch of it, if you would like.
smile.gif

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowFyre said:
shame, if you can't test the wifi features will it not be translated then?
Vgperson is the one who is translating the Wi-Fi features, and since he can't test what he is translating in that area, he will be relying on others to help him correct any mistakes hes made when the next patch is out.

Saxisai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spenstar said:
Saxisai said:
That is mostly up to Kaarosu. Though if he doesn't put the localized names in the next patch, I can do it and post a patch of it, if you would like.
smile.gif
Sure, I'd like that, but then, it wouldn't completely be a translation patch, more like a transition patch or something lol. but yeah, Unova as the region name would be different as well :S anyway its overall up to you guys and the rest of the community i guess

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
Will all of this work be transferred to Gray when it comes out?
I'm betting that that will be quite easy to do, just copy what has been done with B/W, translate some "Grey Version" specific dialog, and then call it done.
wink.gif

That is, if there will even be a "Grey Version." But that discussion is on another thread.
smile.gif

zht1997

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
zht1997 said:
Fishaman P said:
zht1997 said:

You take a hex editor, open the SAV, find the GameID (or whatever you wanna hex) and change it. Then save.

but i AM a noob at hacking

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
zht1997 said:
Fishaman P said:
zht1997 said:
Fishaman P said:
zht1997 said:

but i AM a noob at hacking

Fair enough.

As for Gr(a/e)y, when/if it's translated, please make 2 different logos, 1 for each spelling!

EcoReck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, as the english versions of the pokemon names slowly start creeping in, will you be implementing those into this patch? I think it'd be a shame that we'd have to start over in the US version just to see the English names >>

Regardless, I am proud to say that this is an INCREDIBLE translation of the game! I just finished beating the Elite Four/N/etc. and the ending touched me
smile.gif

Keep up the good work if you're planning on doing any more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Been eating Ramen all month, but my PC is badass!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen still delicious don't care how much money I'll have
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'm eating less, but mostly because I'm trying to avoid getting called heavy again during this year's health exam
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    There's only so many ways they can say "You're fat by our country's standards"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My cholesterol was almost 350 so really stopped going out lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [uploads some 🐟 for you] :D @Minox
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries