Hacking Pokemon black akaio

kaliflower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lcleong said:
why u using clean rom? just use the ap (exp) patch 1...

What patch is that? I just tried the xdelta one didn't work.

Also put no soft reset along with 2mb save type still froze in the same spot.

Sharido

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've reformatted and reinstalled AKAIO 1.7.1, new loaders and such now.

Usung your patch twiztidsinz, and still freezes after the intro speech right before I'd enter my room.

Done the above changing the rom save type, disabling cheats, download play, and soft reset, and still freezes.

Aggtrivating but I'm not giving up yet.

Any hints?

beanman25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sharido said:

Usung your patch twiztidsinz, and still freezes after the intro speech right before I'd enter my room.

Done the above changing the rom save type, disabling cheats, download play, and soft reset, and still freezes.

Any hints?

I'm feeling the same way.

Hopefully it will be fixed by the time I wake up.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sharido said:

Any hints?
What Card (AK2/2.1/2i) and MicroSD/HC do you have?

Sharido

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Sharido said:

Any hints?
What Card (AK2/2.1/2i) and MicroSD/HC do you have?

Acekard 2i, using both a DSi and a DS Phat to try to get it to work.

Kingston 2GB is the card Im using, going to try to use a Sandisk 2GB once I clear it off and reformat to see if it works...

Grasping at straws, heh.
EDIT: It runs just fine so far on my cheapie Sandisk 2GB card. AKAIO 1.7.1, DS Phat, and Cheats/Soft Reset disable, save file set to 2M. Guess my Kingston card was bad or something, who knows. Gonna play it tonight to see how far I can go for freezes and such.

Orangejb5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
something is wrong with the kingston...
ahh. fml for me.
but i played for about 30 minutes, when it froze im like "i wont spoil myself, ill just wait for the american release *sigh*"

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Sharido said:
Kingston 2GB is the card Im using
Seems people are having problems with the Kingston cards.
I have a Polaroid 8GB SDHC Class 4; still got black screens. Will try changing the save type though

EDIT: Changed save type, no dice. Can't test out another card or reformat till late tomorrow

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using a larger card it is more than likely going to be MLC which slows things up a bit. This is due to the extra error checking required by the cards controller. If you have a cheap card it will have a shitty controller which acts as a huge bottle neck especially when performing random access reads. Pokemon B&W is going to be very heavy on random access due to the large amounts of data required to be constantly swapped in and out of memory as you move around.

I have not had any issues so far and if anything it is running fast, the fight sequences are almost in fast forward.

I really hate to quote myself but this, from here:
http://gbatemp.net/t248139-help-with-pokem...-2-1?&st=15
Mantis41 said:
Smooth as silk on my Acekard with AKaio 1.7.

Lagging problems in this game has more to do with the SD card than the flashcart. This type of game is going to be constantly accessing the SD for textures and data as you walk around. Many SD cards are not designed to do this. They were never designed as solid state drives they were meant for storing and playing back sequential data from a camera or video device. The random access load some newer games are demanding is really starting to show badly on many SD cards.

You will also notice the larger SD cards have a slower random access time. This is because many larger SD cards are built using MLC (multi layer cell tech), the older cards used SLC (single layer cell tech). SLC is a lot faster at random access than MLC. Ideally an MLC card should never be used as an I/O device. MLC cards are good where high throughput of sequential data is required, for example, viewing a movie or for use in a camera. SLC is more expensive to make but has the advantage of much better random access performance, has 10x the lifecycle of MLC and uses a lot less power which should extend battery life. You can buy larger SLC SD cards but they can be hard to find depending on where you live.

Test: If you have an older 1gb or 2gb SD lying around then place a copy of the firmware and game on that and see if there are any improvements.

Edit: I can't wait for Black and White. The web is going to be littered with the same sort of complaint.

and this, from here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=Post&...mp;qpid=3077010
Mantis41 said:
Prince Valmont said:
QUOTE(Mantis41 @ Aug 28 2010, 09:40 AM) The write speed of the card is more effected by the quality of the cards controller and has very little to do with the class.

So do you have a recommended brand? I would like to know what to buy. I want at least a 4GB, one that will load the games without hiccups, but above all: one that won't take 8-10 seconds to write/save a game. Brand name/Class (even though you say it's not important to the writing speed)
If a was in the UK I would always buy:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Micro-Spee...4853&sr=8-2

If I am in the US I would probably go for one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/DATA-microSDHC-Memor...K/ref=pd_cp_e_1
http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Class-micr...8/ref=pd_cp_e_3

Edit: I have only used the Samsung card and it has been great. I'm recommending the US cards based on research only not personal experience.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I have a Kingston 4GB SDHC and it's really good, better than my sister's 1 GB (Kingston) which tends to freeze sometimes, but that might be the cart and not the card (Acekard vs EZFlash).

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reporting that I'm having the same issues as well, and that I am also using a 4GB (Class 4 if I'm not mistaken) Kingston MicroSDHC.
Eh, finding out that smaller MicroSD cards are better was a bit unxpected.

By the way, just for the sake of curiosity - is there anything that can be done, firmware-wise, to make the game run on all kinds of cards? As in, would waiting for 1.7.2 possibly make me and countless other people run the game in the future?

And lastly - are Acekard users the only one suffering from these MicroSD card-related black screens?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBK said:
Well, I have a Kingston 4GB SDHC and it's really good, better than my sister's 1 GB (Kingston) which tends to freeze sometimes, but that might be the cart and not the card (Acekard vs EZFlash).
I think some flash carts are more tolerant than others. The Acekard hates poor SD cards. It is probably the way the carts cache data.

Dirzain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can get past the introduction to the game and can get exp but when I save the game and try to reload it, I get a black screen. I've seen a few others who say the same thing but I'm curious about those who have been playing for a few hours. Have you stopped and tried to reload? I would be pretty annoyed if I couldn't continue after playing for a few hours.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dirzain said:
I can get past the introduction to the game and can get exp but when I save the game and try to reload it, I get a black screen. I've seen a few others who say the same thing but I'm curious about those who have been playing for a few hours. Have you stopped and tried to reload? I would be pretty annoyed if I couldn't continue after playing for a few hours.
Works fine on mine.
I forced the save file size to 2M before my boy started playing and he has resumed a save several times without a problem.

The Shadow Knigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm getting good playability with my AK2i on AKAIO 1.7.1 with a Lexar Class 2, 4 GB SDHC. The ROM was patched with the EXP Gain patch. I have yet to encounter a freeze.
HW under help says: 81, it's a light green PCB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL