Hardware Pokemon 3ds XL vs Black 3ds XL

combine1237

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am looking at purchasing a 3ds xl and there is a dilemma, I do not know weather I should purchase the limited edition pokemon x/y red edition for 200 dollars or the regular color choices(I would get black) for 200 plus 20 dollar gift card.

Should I get the red special edition or the 20 dollar gift card with the regular xl?

Thank you.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This highly depends on whether you're a collector or if you plan on selling the system somewhere down the line. Special Edition systems have a higher collector's value and are generally known to be more-so in-demand on the aftermarket simply because they're more limited in supply. If you're not interested in those two factors, you may as well get the standard 3DS XL and a gift card.

combine1237

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am more interested in the functionality of the unit the the cosmetics, and if the percieved collector value is only slightly more than a regular 3ds xl (less than 30 USD more) I would rather get the regular, however if it turns out like the pikachu 3ds xl I would rather get the pokemon one.

combine1237

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may im gonna run to town now and if the store that I am going to return a game to accepts it I will get the cheap 3ds xl if not I will see if the pokemon one is still in stock, btw is 25 USD good for OOT 3ds used?

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
I may im gonna run to town now and if the store that I am going to return a game to accepts it I will get the cheap 3ds xl if not I will see if the pokemon one is still in stock, btw is 25 USD good for OOT 3ds used?
Sure, unless you like new better. And it costs $40 new.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
if you don't care about vanity\cosmetics (please only use cosmetics not tested on animals) go for the regular one, but with 20 dollars i think you can't buy much :/ BUT hopefully you can get a 2012 model 3ds and firmware 4.5 for CFW (hopefully released later) or gateway...

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
if you don't care about vanity\cosmetics (please only use cosmetics not tested on animals) go for the regular one, but with 20 dollars i think you can't buy much :/ BUT hopefully you can get a 2012 model 3ds and firmware 4.5 for CFW (hopefully released later) or gateway...
Both Black XL and Pokémon XLs have >4.5.0-10.

combine1237

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the black 3ds xl and the $20 gift card along with oot 3d for ~240 after tax not including the gift card, and I have to say I am impressed by the port as even though it is more pixelated and lacks fog, the models look much nicer than the original and most importantly the great fairy doesn't look like she has pyramids.

combine1237

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got mine price matched for 30 day period at Fry's and got 35 back bringing the price I paid to 160 after tax if I count the gift card as cash too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up