ROM Hack Pokémon Platinum - A little more English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad567

D. Gregar
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Greece
QUOTE said:
Take your time, I haven´t rusing but I want to know why is the original reason GTS broken smile.gif

Because since the 2nd patch the game id changed GTS and wifi doesn't work also the ar codes ffor the game don't work too............

TFDELTA

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh! And when you write:
Important Note: In the wifi room, if you view the portion of your Trainer Case that contains a new item (name is blank) this will restart the game.
RESTART the savegame and start the game by 0 or reset the game to menu screen?

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The reason for the errors is this:

I replaced the Japanese Text with the English text.

However, some of the japanese text contains more/less scripts and pointers than the english game.
For example, I translated the guy who sold you honey, but in the original games, you could only buy one. In Platinum, you can buy 1 or 10. Because the code for 1 or 10 wasn't in tne English game it caused the patched game to fail.
This is also why the error occurs at Windvalley works.

I'm having issues with any translating tools right now, so I can't directly modify anything. I can only replace with ENglish text. The solution right now to fix any errors is to reinsert the original japanese.

The problem with swapping files with the towns people is that sometimes it will give the right english- sometimes it will be completely off. There's no way for me to tell unless I test it. However, all of my free time was used hacking the game, so I only have a few hours playtime- meaning I can't test the bugs.

TFDELTA

Trophies
XP
Country
Rykin said:
The reason for the errors is this:

I replaced the Japanese Text with the English text.

However, some of the japanese text contains more/less scripts and pointers than the english game.
For example, I translated the guy who sold you honey, but in the original games, you could only buy one. In Platinum, you can buy 1 or 10. Because the code for 1 or 10 wasn't in tne English game it caused the patched game to fail.
This is also why the error occurs at Windvalley works.

I'm having issues with any translating tools right now, so I can't directly modify anything. I can only replace with ENglish text. The solution right now to fix any errors is to reinsert the original japanese.

The problem with swapping files with the towns people is that sometimes it will give the right english- sometimes it will be completely off. There's no way for me to tell unless I test it. However, all of my free time was used hacking the game, so I only have a few hours playtime- meaning I can't test the bugs.
But any people (for example I) can test for you who persons or sprites/events in the game appear in "white language" for try to fix it

But I think the priority now is solved the GTS restart problem, individually, I think you do a nice work, because translate practicaly 50% of the text for free it´s admirable
yaynds.gif

Congratulations

TFDELTA

Trophies
XP
Country
mad567 said:
Can you fix please the problem with the game id because i wan't to use some training ar codes to level up one pokemon.........................

Keep up with the good job
yaynds.gif
Yes it´s true, the GAME ID change but I think he can not change this...
lecture.gif

--EDIT--
You signature large oO

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@mad567
The Game ID is not changed.
HOWEVER, to fit in the English text the game has been resized (which is why the patch is so large). What this does is shift code around so your old AR code probably won't work with V2 (they would work with V1, however).

@TFDelta
I'll work on the GTS when I'm free later today.

I'm not willing to fix every little thing because I don't have time to search for it.

If you want to be a tester, we can discuss that.

Find the signs, people, or whatever with "white text" or incorrect text and tell me what it would say in English DP and I'll reinsert the japanese text.

Just send me a message when I get on AIM.

XInSaNe FartX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heres a heads up, everyone at the trainer school is talking about the GTS instead of what they should be talking about(just thought you might want to fix that)

TFDELTA

Trophies
XP
Country
Rykin said:
@mad567
The Game ID is not changed.
HOWEVER, to fit in the English text the game has been resized (which is why the patch is so large). What this does is shift code around so your old AR code probably won't work with V2 (they would work with V1, however).

@TFDelta
I'll work on the GTS when I'm free later today.

I'm not willing to fix every little thing because I don't have time to search for it.

If you want to be a tester, we can discuss that.

Find the signs, people, or whatever with "white text" or incorrect text and tell me what it would say in English DP and I'll reinsert the japanese text.

Just send me a message when I get on AIM.
Ok no problem, I can be the tester. But the problem it´s I´m spanish and many things you type I don´t understand >_< but I understand you are working in the CWF problems in your free time and find diamond text fo the signals correct?

I start the school tomorrow but in Spain a lot of days are festa (for example this Monday) and I can be lazy LOL
grog.gif

I don´t how to send MP´s in this forum if you send me an MP I talk to you and give my MSN

Thanks

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mad567 said:
Can you fix please the problem with the game id because i wan't to use some training ar codes to level up one pokemon.........................

Keep up with the good job
yaynds.gif

Actually, I just tested something and I maybe able to get your AR codes to work again along with make the patch file much smaller.

Link2999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a great patch except for the for little bugs. I'm guessing that the new stuff may be translated in the future depending?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Well goddamn Rykin, I just came back to say congratulations to you for putting up with all this crap. You guys aren't thankful at all, and you're quick to point out the flaws and whine about everything that's wrong with it.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, WAIT FOR THE ENGLISH VERSION TO COME OUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill