Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
joncomic said:
why not make a patch that would change the pokemon/trainer/item names/etc. from "BULBASAUR" to "Bulbasaur"?
well, if you use this version (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=216406) download the latest version, download the JAP rom, patch the JAP rom with the patch titled: Version 2.0 non-caps.patch and play
smile.gif
it will be partly JAP still but it gets rid of the CAPS LOCK on Pokemon names

Master Emerald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First, I won't remove the caps lock as capital letters are easy to be read by the little children, the unique caps I removed was from "SOMEONE'S PC" and "BILL'S PC" as the player PC doesn't use capitals, the rest is the same. Also, I'm now working on the mottos, sadly, they won't be like in the original, because the new Town Signs, have a map and don't allow the text to be scrolled, so they'll have to be shortened.

joncomic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
joncomic.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Master Emerald said:
First, I won't remove the caps lock as capital letters are easy to be read by the little children, the unique caps I removed was from "SOMEONE'S PC" and "BILL'S PC" as the player PC doesn't use capitals, the rest is the same. Also, I'm now working on the mottos, sadly, they won't be like in the original, because the new Town Signs, have a map and don't allow the text to be scrolled, so they'll have to be shortened.

wait, i'm sorry. what "little children" are operating computers to patch ROMs?

joncomic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
joncomic.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Master Emerald said:
But, someone can patch for them, I can't distribute the patch using other way, you know it's illegal =/.

well, i'm just saying that most people using the patches aren't "little children".

i'm not pushing anything on you. on fact, if you want, i can do anti-caps if you share your tools.

Master Emerald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well I use "The New Poketext". =p

Also when your mom gives you the PokéGear, when she asks if you know how to use the phone, if you say NO, now she says "I thought so, children become smarter and smarter each day!". I restored "Ethan withed out", as seen in the original.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
joncomic said:
why not make a patch that would change the pokemon/trainer/item names/etc. from "BULBASAUR" to "Bulbasaur"?

Can't just just rename the pokemanz yourself. Better yet, use PokeSav.

Master Emerald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Because Sony was not created as an artificial company name, it's the fusion of Sonny + Sonus (from the latin, sonic) so it's a mix between boy and sound, it's perfect =p.

I was thinking about Kaleo and Harper but don't you think Sony is better?

Master Emerald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just wanted to make HGSS a bit more nostalgic, but making it still looking official, the unique thing that is not really official-like is Sony, other than that I didn't copy paste the mottos entirely, I had to change some words so they fit in the new space =p.

Also, the patch was updated on the server, so the -edit removed old link- include the new (old hehe) mottos.

So, a list of what was changed on the new version:

Mottos:

Ecruteak City
A Historical City -> The Past Meets the Present

Goldenrod City
A Happening Big City -> A City of Opulent Charm

Saffron City
Shining Big City -> Gold Land of Commerce

Lavender Town
The Noble Town -> The Noble Purple Town

Viridian City
The City of Evergreen -> The Eternally Green Paradise

Pallet Town
A Pure White Beggining -> A Setting of Peace and Purity

Cerulean City
The Floral Lagoon City -> A Nice Blue Aura Surrounds It

Fuchsia City
Happening and Passing City -> Behold! It's Passion Pink!

Celadon City
City of the Rainbow's Colors -> The City of Rainbow Dreams

Cinnabar Island
The Ravaged Town of the Past -> The Town of Burning Desire

Pewter City
Between Rugged Mountains -> A Stone Gray City

Other changes:

When you receive the Pokégear from your mom, when she asks if you remember how to use the phone, she now says: "I thought so, children become smarter and smarter each day!"

If you lose a battle it says "Player whited out" instead of "Blacked out"

The old man in front of the Burned tower now mentions the real name of it, the Brass Tower.

Enjoy! (Suggestions, Comments??)

Master Emerald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry for the double post but it's needed. I uploaded the link with the Final version of the patch, the rocket titles were all changed and Sony(Ethan) was re-renamed to Leo, which means sound in hawaian.

finalh.png

Again, the file was uploaded on the server, so it's already the new file. (-edit removed old link-)

All te cheats from the American version work on it perfectly. Enjoy!

Special thanks to GuardianSoul who mentioned a tool to edit the rocket titles!

EDIT: NOW IT WORKS WITH SOULSILVER TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I CHANGED THE PATCHING METHOD!! DOWNLOAD THE NEW PATCH, INSTRUCIONS INSIDE! (NOW IT'S 100% AUTOMATIC!!)

Master Emerald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
BIG UPDATE, NOW IT PATCHES THE ROMS WITH RUDOLPH'S PATCH! AS I SAID ABOVE IT WORKS WITH SOULSILVER!

EDIT: NOW WITH THE V2 OF THE PATCH! (Again, It's the same link)

ALSO! Can you PLEASE, test it and REPORT the bugs to me?

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Can you tell me the tool you used to change the names of the trainers and the text in the game.

I want to rename Blue to Green.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o