Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Master Emerald said:
Ah!

My XML is 7.395kb.

(If you used thenewpoketext to extract it it would be smaller, AND INCOMPLETE)

weirdness, although it works.
We will see what this means in freezes/crashes...

anyway, thanks for this patch it rocks socks
biggrin.gif

lorddusk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Master Emerald said:
Use walk through walls, and go to the Slowpoke Well.

And talk to Eta, and see if his in-game name is Eta or Proton =p.

might be a problem, since im WAAAAAAAAY ahead of that
tongue.gif

Dowsing MCHN = Item Finder
Bell Tower = Tin Tower

the main 2 things i wnated to change, and they both did, so im all good
biggrin.gif
yaynds.gif

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I liked this topic untill...

Master Emerald said:
First, I won't remove the caps lock as capital letters are easy to be read by the little children, the unique caps I removed was from "SOMEONE'S PC" and "BILL'S PC" as the player PC doesn't use capitals, the rest is the same. Also, I'm now working on the mottos, sadly, they won't be like in the original, because the new Town Signs, have a map and don't allow the text to be scrolled, so they'll have to be shortened.

Even if little children were using a patched rom on a flashcard, I doubt they would care about small name changes like this as I think its mainly for nostalgia. Not to mention It's not much harder to read, especially considering most of them aren't real words...

Master Emerald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I removed the CAPS, I would have to do it entirely (pokémon names too). That means renaming 700+ words MANUALLY. Sorry, that's too much for nothing. And, I like the caps =p. Only on commands, not on people names or locations obviously.

Blooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm, since no one else reported this, I guess I must've fucked something up... anywho:

sometimes, specially when battling double trainers, the second trainer's name is like "%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%**#28 want to battle!"

That also happens with some single trainers, so I'll remember to take a screenshot next time it happens.

Is there anything I could've done wrong? Didn't experience any freezes or whatsoever until now, and I'm playing HeartGold in my R4 1.18 w/o YSMenu. Much obligated.

Master Emerald

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The double battle trainer names got fucked when editing the dialogues, I'm trying to fix this, it's won't affect gameplay, but it's annoying to see the names fucked for that specific trainers.

I'll post here when I find a way to fix this.

KaiiRym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
joncomic said:
why not make a patch that would change the pokemon/trainer/item names/etc. from "BULBASAUR" to "Bulbasaur"?
I hate the pokemon names all Caps too I love names with Capital in front and the rest lowercase all uppercase makes it akwardXD

Like "PIKACHU!!!! I love you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👈 Always touching 🍆