PoGo: I think a glitch lost my hatched Pokémon

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by mashers, Nov 24, 2016.

1. mashers
    OP

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Hi everyone

I had three 5k eggs incubating and only had 700m left when I was walking the dog home today. When I got home, the eggs each said that I had walked 5/5km but didn't hatch. I assumed they would hatch when I next walked somewhere so I just locked my phone and did some work indoors. Just now I re-opened the app (it was still running and didn't need to launch from scratch) and went into the garden, and straight away the 'Oh?' screen appeared. When I tapped the egg to hatch it, the app became completely unresponsive and I had to force quit it. When I went back in, the eggs were gone.

Now, here's the weird thing. I had noticed while transferring unneeded Pokémon (before going back outside) that I had a Mankey which I didn't remember catching or hatching from an egg. I assumed I must have caught it or hatched it and forgotten. However, when I looked in my trainer journal, I saw that a Mankey, an Abra and a Psyduck had been hatched over an hour ago (while I was inside). That explains why the Mankey appeared. However, the Abra and Psyduck have not appeared in my list of Pokémon. I already had an Abra and a Psyduck which I had caught previously and definitely did not transfer (I keep at least one of every Pokémon I catch/hatch). Since I only had one of each, the egg did not provide an additional one.

Does anyone know what's caused this and if there is anything I can do about it? I'm glad I got the Mankey but I want the Abra and Psyduck too as I want to evolve them.