hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pocket Physics v0.3
Crayon physics for DS

A new version of the Crayon Physics clone for DS. The big change here is that both screens are now utilized, with an overview on the top, and zoomed in on the bottom. In addition, you now have a larger drawing area, and the physics have been updated. Full changelog and download below.

[title:Changelog]* larger paper (3x3 screens)
* scrolling using either D-Pad, ABXY, or pen (hold L or R)
* dual screen support (overview on top, zoomed view on bottom)
* open shapes (drawn shapes are only closed if the end is close to the start)
* Using the actual shape for picking => o more accidential deletions
* updated to box2d 2.0 (svn r20)
* using ds hw div/sqrt in box2d
* if simulation is behind time, 2 steps are performed at once => subjectively faster
* faster and better drawing code
* pins are hidden during simulation

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

NetShira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My family and I really love this Homebrew but we would really like it if there were some way to persist (save) and share (load) our creations..
Thanks for the awesome work so far!

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
eh, this version had some big downers as well as the big bonus, I really don't like how the zoomed in mode makes the background of the paper on the bottom screen all blocky squares. I also can't get used to making a big drawing while scrolling the screen without messing up.

F

Fiddy101

I like this homebrew a lot but are the bugs now completley gone or does it still crash a lot ?

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Hooray, fantastic news!
smile.gif
Gonna give this a go in a sec. Must say though, Pocket Physics has never, ever crashed on me. (EZ-V, and I don't think it's crashed on the TT either)

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this have goals like Crayon Physics does on the PC? I tried it out before, and it just seemed like it was playing with physics. Gotta admit, one of the coolest homebrews, but for me it feels more of an app than the game it was based on.

damnet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Does this have goals like Crayon Physics does on the PC? I tried it out before, and it just seemed like it was playing with physics. Gotta admit, one of the coolest homebrews, but for me it feels more of an app than the game it was based on.

Actually this was never meant to be a game, and I quote the developer himself:

"It isn't really a game, but more of a physical construction kit for your pocket."

also to say this is a clone of Crayon psychics is incorrect imo, the idea of drawing objects that would immediately turn physical is not new, MIT sketch demonstration, there's a program by MS called physics illustrator, it was designed exclusively for tablet pcs, but you can get a non tablet pc compiled version HERE, or if you have a tablet pc just get it from the MS download site.

the guy that did Crayon physics simply used the concept to make a game.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
It seems the random crashing is less than before, although (running on a SCDS) it crashes now more when playing the level out. The freezing with the drawing noise seems to be mostly gone, it may have happened once or twice though.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow I actually got it to crash!
biggrin.gif
Much love for the bigger drawing area, the potential for chain reactions is going to keep me quiet for hours. Fanatstic work
smile.gif

jincongz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems to crash really rarely. I had a piece between a pin and a hard place, it just kept moving. No crash. Only until i scribbled all over a circle that it crashed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo