Homebrew [POC] - Region Change SysNand - A9LH only

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean injecting the japanese eshop app on the region changed sysnand for example?
Not quite.

At heart your system's obviously not Japanese. Nintendo knows this, so they won't allow access.

I've seen people get it working with some SD card method or using the NTR debugging feature.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not quite.

At heart your system's obviously not Japanese. Nintendo knows this, so they won't allow access.

I've seen people get it working with some SD card method or using the NTR debugging feature.
Never see it, I had no interest since the New 3DS SFC Edition (Japanese only) was announced today...

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you can region change sysnand, it's the exact same process for sysnand and emunand.
if you have hax then you can edit the secureinfo file to be the region you want. if no hax, then you need to use a real signed one.
it's that simple :)
this isn't new
I've read on a guide in this site that you can make the eshop work also with a procedure using 3 SD cards. I didn't try it and i don't know if it works

Last edited by Real.96,

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read on a guide in this site that you can make the eshop work also with a procedure using 3 SD cards. I didn't try it and i don't know how if it works
It will not work on N3DS. There are server side checks. I have heard that I may work in O3DS.

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm confused, have you actually managed to do this successfully?

The P in PoC is for proof, all I'm seeing is concept.
i don't know if you are talking about to change 2DS emuNAND region or connect to eshop after the region changing. Anyway they're both possible. If you want proofs of my 2 DS emuNAND region change, i can send you some photos

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I don't know if you know, but in the end i finally region changed my 2DS emuNAND into a japanese one!
i assumed it would be no problem to region change the 2ds, yet i saw a few people having trouble with it.
i'm not sure why. maybe they were just coincidentally all doing it wrong lol...?
you didn't do anything special for the 2ds right?

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i assumed it would be no problem to region change the 2ds, yet i saw a few people having trouble with it.
i'm not sure why. maybe they were just coincidentally all doing it wrong lol...?
you didn't do anything special for the 2ds right?
It was an actual issue.

The 2DS simply wouldn't want to region change. I was able to region change my n3DS just fine, but not my 2DS.
Apparently it had something to do with the secureinfo_a file (as Japan just recently got the 2DS).
You have to modify your own secureinfo_a file, rather than injecting one from a different region. That's how you region change the 2DS.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It was an actual issue.

The 2DS simply wouldn't want to region change. I was able to region change my n3DS just fine, but not my 2DS.
Apparently it had something to do with the secureinfo_a file (as Japan just recently got the 2DS).
You have to modify your own secureinfo_a file, rather than injecting one from a different region. That's how you region change the 2DS.
so maybe the 2ds needs a 2ds serial number or something like that... maybe
if that is so you could also use another 2ds's secureinfo file instead of editing your own and breaking the signature.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so maybe the 2ds needs a 2ds serial number or something like that... maybe
if that is so you could also use another 2ds's secureinfo file instead of editing your own and breaking the signature.
We'd need someone to buy a Japanese 2DS so we can test that out :P

But yeah, kinda sucks that you have to break the signature in order for it to work.

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did this before reading your guide and although it appears to work fine, there is one issue I'm having which I didn't have using gateway emunand.
Basically, every time I try to create a folder and rename it the system crashes and tells me to power off.
I suspect this is due to differences in region in FIRM0/FIRM1.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this before reading your guide and although it appears to work fine, there is one issue I'm having which I didn't have using gateway emunand.
Basically, every time I try to create a folder and rename it the system crashes and tells me to power off.
I suspect this is due to differences in region in FIRM0/FIRM1.
That is not the issue, I had the same problem when I installed a USA Emunand on my Jap n3ds. I fixed the issue with the folders in my USA Emunand by installing this CIA: 0004009B00011402

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That is not the issue, I had the same problem when I installed a USA Emunand on my Jap n3ds. I fixed the issue with the folders in my USA Emunand by installing this CIA: 0004009B00011402
Holy f.. Gonna try this now. Kudos if it works. This is from JP to EUR.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love the day that I can access the USA Eshop on my Region Changed n3ds. The 3 sdcard trick DOES NOT WORK on n3ds, I tried over 10 times,:(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Holy f.. Gonna try this now. Kudos if it works. This is from JP to EUR.
Just install that same CIA but the EUR version.. i think that's how it works :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up