妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I will do neither at this point. I typed out a nice long paragraph about what a profane little jerk you are, but it doesn't matter. Supercard came up with their promised emulator. Late, and crappy, but here it is. If you really care to hear my opinion try speaking to someone like a person instead of cussing at them. That said, think me a troll. I care not in the slightest, I promise.

Successful troll is successful

Consider:
* You have an Intenet connection capable of 100KB/sec downloads.
* You are trying to watch a live streaming video that needs a connection of at least... 1500KB/sec.
* Your computer is too slow for you to be able to compress said video to lower the bandwidth requirements without a horrible quality loss
* Quality loss is unacceptable

How would you compensate *THAT*?

EDIT:
Generally speaking... Latency is hidden by local caching of data.... Knowing very little about the DS specifics about transfer rates and the DSTwo, my best guess is that DS is only responsible for controls and displaying the pre digested data that the DSTwo spits out. So in theory you could use some of the DS's now free resources to do things like hiding latency by giving a nice fat cache on the DS itself (Fat cache is a relative term in this case it could be something like 1 or 2 MB's) I wonder if you couldn't do something equivalent to frame skipping in the emulation or some sort of HLE type deal... And the only reason I mention that is I have seen SNES fast forward and NES rewind on some emulators (the rewind is an awesome function and I wish more emulators had it.... but thats a whole nuther kettle o fish)

Interesting subject
smile.gif

That would cause LOADS of lag - like Echoes of Time's online mode style lag.

As in... *press button* *wait 1 second* *action!*

Also, it wouldnt fix anything

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone figure out the cheat function yet?

I downloaded some ZSNES .cht files and that seems to be the filetype that this emulator is looking for, but they don't load. The original GBA emulator for iPlayer had the same problem but it turns out it just didn't have cheat support enabled yet. Hopefully that's not the case here...

UnitGGChamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May sound like a dumb question but the roms do not show up..Do they have to be a different format? put them in the gamepak folder,root and everything they don't show up..

update:never mind I had to search for them,top screen just said no games loaded..

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
UnitGGChamp said:
May sound like a dumb question but the roms do not show up..Do they have to be a different format? put them in the gamepak folder,root and everything they don't show up..
What format are they in? Because mine show up and they are .sfc and shows up just fine on mine.
Try finding your same roms as .sfc instead of the format you are using and that should solve the problem

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
This. Either the beta testers didn't know what they were talking about or they simply lied.

Anyway the bad thing is that this false feedback goes to the SC team so they think it's good enough, which it isn't...
Either that or they simply had different standards to begin with since it was a BETA test. I'm not trying to suck up to Supercard or something, but I honestly doubt there's some kind of conspiracy to fool you guys into thinking some SNES emulator is better than it really is...what would be the point? Sheesh.
tongue.gif

At any rate, I'm sure improvements will come with time. For the time being I'll enjoy what I have instead of complaining about what it might be able to do in the future but isn't right now (it lets me play some games that worked terribly on SnemulDS, that's good enough for me for now).

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
BassAceGold said:
@GreatCrippler

Did you not read my post? I have the SDK and have done tests, the transfer rate is in fact a limiting factor. I never said the emulation aspect was slow.

I'd like to ask something, since you have the SDK. It's just for the DSTWO, right? Which means we're limited to just sending over video/audio? It would have been nice if the SC team were to make a code library of some sort for use on the DS with a toolchain like devkitARM so that the "receiving" side of DSTWO applications can do other things.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are people bitching about this imo i have not tried it so i got no saying so yeah...

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DJPlace said:
why are people bitching about this imo i have not tried it so i got no saying so yeah...
I think people are bitching like they bitched when the card first came out. They want something perfect and when they realize they need to wait, they bitch.
So far I have tested at least 30 games of mine and only like 6 didn't work and those six give other emulators problems so it's no shocker they didn't work.

I am just shocked Super Mario RPG and Super Metroid work on it pretty damn good really, some minor leg, but I found they were pretty much playable. All it really needs is to be given some time to work out the bugs.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
DJPlace said:
I think people are bitching like they bitched when the card first came out. They want something perfect and when they realize they need to wait, they bitch.
So far I have tested at least 30 games of mine and only like 6 didn't work and those six give other emulators problems so it's no shocker they didn't work.

I am just shocked Super Mario RPG and Super Metroid work on it pretty damn good really, some minor leg, but I found they were pretty much playable. All it really needs is to be given some time to work out the bugs.
I played Earthbound, Zelda LTTP and Earthbound on my SCDSTWO and I thought it was pretty freaking great for an early version of the emulator. There are some bugs here and there but I don't see what there is to complain about.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Advice Fox said:
DJPlace said:

I played Earthbound, Zelda LTTP and Earthbound on my SCDSTWO and I thought it was pretty freaking great for an early version of the emulator. There are some bugs here and there but I don't see what there is to complain about.
You don't see what to complain about. Problem is, you're only one person not complaining, while there are hundreds of persons that do complain.
You see, that's the problem with people. They demand things now, and if the demands don't come yesterday, it's bad, the team sucks, they need to lrn2prgrm, etc. And when it's finally out, they seek out all the bad stuff and bitch about it, while never noticing the good things about something.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Advice Fox said:
DJPlace said:

Hey, it's the first release. There will be bugs to be ironed out in time. People just need to sit back and enjoy what they have.
Hell it's a step up from the other emulators that hardly worked and when they did work they had way too many problems.

It's like when people bitched about the GBA emulator, what do you expect? This is the cards first release. Sure they could update it a little more, they just need more time to work on it.

Plus it works just good enough with Super Metroid as far as I can tell and I am not complaining.
Also it works with Act Raiser, so again no problems there.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
_Chaz_ said:
florian said:
this emulator SNES is too bad and crap and very slow some games lag
frown.gif
So you have a better one?

Link plz?
+1
Dude I think something is wrong with your card or your playing some seriously powerful SNES, after just playing Ace Raiser, Super Mario RPG, Super Metriod, and several others, this including Sims City which play nearly perfectly (some of the text was meh, but who cares it's sims city) I can say this emulator is the best SNES for the DS as of now and is far better than any made for the DS. Plus I can say with confidence that it will be updated, unlike the others and get better over time.
Still if you still think it is crap and slow, by all means post a better one.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
florian said:
frown.gif
I could say the same thing about your English.
Remember: it's still an early release. Give Team Supercard some time to iron out the bugs.
And like Chaz said, care to find a better one? Because SNEmulDS is the best alternative and is still pretty crappy compared to NDSSFC.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
florian said:
_Chaz_ said:
florian said:
frown.gif
So you have a better one?