9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
powerfull Tails miles said:
that would make sense since star fox heavily used the super fx chips 3d graphics.
Yeah, SA-1 and the SFX chips are just too much for the emulator at this point in time (don't know if they will be able to improve it or not). Surprisingly SDD-1 works pretty well though.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
TravisProduckshins said:
TravisProduckshins said:
I just got my card today, and I got a n00b question...
Is RTS a MUST when using the emulator?
I was playing Earthbound earlier, got to the first point that I could save at, and turned it off because i had to go to school. I came back home, went to "New", loaded the rom, and I could only select new game
frown.gif
You need to exit the emulator first to the main menu and it will save. I made the same mistake before.

Thanks
smile.gif

Also just wondering if the same rule applies to the GBA emulator?
I don't think so, I was able to just save and turn off my DS right afterward and it worked. Well it worked for most games, Pokemon seems to give me some issues with regular saving.
unsure.gif
I'm pretty sure it does apply to the GBA emulator. It's just that some people's GBA emulators are saving without exiting somehow (as in, it's not a setting. It just happens for them or something).

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
YayMii said:
TravisProduckshins said:
TravisProduckshins said:
I just got my card today, and I got a n00b question...
Is RTS a MUST when using the emulator?
I was playing Earthbound earlier, got to the first point that I could save at, and turned it off because i had to go to school. I came back home, went to "New", loaded the rom, and I could only select new game
frown.gif
You need to exit the emulator first to the main menu and it will save. I made the same mistake before.

Thanks
smile.gif

Also just wondering if the same rule applies to the GBA emulator?
I don't think so, I was able to just save and turn off my DS right afterward and it worked. Well it worked for most games, Pokemon seems to give me some issues with regular saving.
unsure.gif
I'm pretty sure it does apply to the GBA emulator. It's just that some people's GBA emulators are saving without exiting somehow (as in, it's not a setting. It just happens for them or something).
Well it worked for most of my games, but when I did it with Metroid Zero Mission it reset it to my last save spot when I did exit it. So I guess it's hard to really say if it does or doesn't.
So really I am going to say exit the emulator after you save applies to both GBA and SNES emulators, but really that's more of a guess and I will run some test to find out the diffident answer in a bit.
EDIT: GBA and SNES applies by the same rules, when you save you need to exit the emulator to keep the saves, otherwise it won't hold the saves.

dancemb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This does seem like a really juicy emulator, and something that has tipped me over the edge to go and buy one of these cards, as the emulator was something I was waiting for before I put my money on it.

Only need to work out now where I go to buy one. As I got scammed by a supposed "Official UK Supplier" (thank god I paid by credit card!) is there a best place to buy for UK residents? If I was in the US I would buy from shop temp without thinking

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@dancemb: As you can see I live in UK as well - I brought the DSTwo from Shoptemp 2 days before actual release date (although I used Paypal & not a card) & I got the card 4 days after release date - so I guess you can trust them even thought they aren't in the UK

dancemb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know that I can trust Shoptemp, more than most other sites around to be honest, as it was created for people that was peeved off or did not trust sites around that could be scamming people for money.

I was just wondering if there was a UK site that could deliver it cheaper, as paying by card would probably charge me the conversion rate into US $'s, but if there are no other good UK sites then I will just buy off the shoptemp site and be safe in the knowledge that its genuine and trustworthy

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I bought and received my Supercard DSTwo from Shoptemp just recently. It's quite an impressive card when you consider the GBA and SNES emulator.

I'm playing through Super Metroid at the moment. Does everyone else's gun shots flicker and Samus disappear when injured? I'm getting some random issues like that. It's not a deal breaker though. What's the best setting for Super Metroid?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Opium said:
I'm playing through Super Metroid at the moment. Does everyone else's gun shots flicker and Samus disappear when injured? I'm getting some random issues like that. It's not a deal breaker though.
Yep - I'm getting the same thing - I've tried different setting but with no luck.

Seeing that the SNES emulator is 'similar' to the GBA Emulator (in looks) I was wondering - is there a 'game_config.txt' file avaliable for the SNES like we have for the GBA (to allow better compatibility) ??

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
Opium said:
I'm playing through Super Metroid at the moment. Does everyone else's gun shots flicker and Samus disappear when injured? I'm getting some random issues like that. It's not a deal breaker though.
Yep - I'm getting the same thing - I've tried different setting but with no luck.

Seeing that the SNES emulator is 'similar' to the GBA Emulator (in looks) I was wondering - is there a 'game_config.txt' file avaliable for the SNES like we have for the GBA (to allow better compatibility) ??

Unfortunately not. The SNES equivalent is snesadvance.dat but the SNES emulator doesn't support it. Hopefully the next version will as it would fix most of the performance problems.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Opium said:

Have you tried the decompression optimization patch? It's possible that this will speed up the game a bit, assuming it works on this emulator (haven't yet tried it). More than likely that's why those things aren't showing up, that the game isn't 100% full speed (aren't those effects that flicker or blink?).

*edit*
Ok, it works fine, but I'm not sure if it's faster or not. I want to say it is slightly, but it might just be me. What do you all think?

*edit 2*
And no, it doesn't work....the emulator refuses to load a room a bit farther in. Ah well.

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to say, I'm playing Earthbound for the first time on my Supercard and am very happy w/ my purchase for this if not anything else.
With CPU at 4 and Display at 3 (Best compromise, I think, As text isn't smooshed) the experience is very very enjoyable. There IS slowdown, but its occasional...and doesn't hinder the experience much.
Savestates are a beautiful thing. Emulation accuracy on earthbound I would say is 100%.
I can't! wait for an update. DKC 1-3 at 100% on my DS + Super Mario RPG.....oMfG, best purchase of the year if this comes too. and I believe it will. I'm very impressed w/ this for a first release.
then there is all the other features of the supercard.....awesome awesome purchase...very satisfied.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
keine said:
I just wanted to say, I'm playing Earthbound for the first time on my Supercard and am very happy w/ my purchase for this if not anything else.
With CPU at 4 and Display at 3 (Best compromise, I think, As text isn't smooshed) the experience is very very enjoyable. There IS slowdown, but its occasional...and doesn't hinder the experience much.
Savestates are a beautiful thing. Emulation accuracy on earthbound I would say is 100%.
I can't! wait for an update. DKC 1-3 at 100% on my DS + Super Mario RPG.....oMfG, best purchase of the year if this comes too. and I believe it will. I'm very impressed w/ this for a first release.
then there is all the other features of the supercard.....awesome awesome purchase...very satisfied.

Yeah. I find that the work they did on the EMU is very very nice. Earthbound on the go is great at pretty much full speed. SNeSmul 9or whatever it is called) can't do that.
wink.gif

Well, it can, but the layering drove me crazy. >_>

I have played Earthbound:

*1 - on original hardware a a kid
*2 - on ZSNES in the 5th grade
*3 - on the Wii VC injected WAD
*4 - on the DS's old SNES emu
*5 - on the PSP's SNES emu
*6 - on the original hardware again, now that I have another copy after losing my old one
wink.gif

and the DS playthrough was THE WORST. I can't believe I got through it having to dick around with all of those layering issues... Also, Mother 3 runs practically full speed on the DSTWO with game_config.txt enabled, in case you did not know.
wink.gif
played through that 4 times already.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
midnightshinigami said:
Is anyone else having problems running .IPS patched snes roms on the DSTWO? I used SNESTools to patch two games and I only get black screens when I play them.
If you patch them some info changes and the emulator might not be able to recognize them so it can't apply the right fixes.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
midnightshinigami said:
Is anyone else having problems running .IPS patched snes roms on the DSTWO? I used SNESTools to patch two games and I only get black screens when I play them.
Games I've patched have worked just fine (for me that'd be Super Metroid hacks, Terrenigma, and Breath of Fire II). Are you sure the patch was applied correctly? Make sure you try them in a different emulator on your computer (like Zsnes, Snes9x, or better yet Bsnes) and make sure they're working.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
midnightshinigami said:
What are you using for patching?
LunarIPS usually. I think the best thing to make sure of (if you haven't) is if the ROM needs to have a header or not...some patches do, some patches don't. Seems like every time a patch didn't work for me, it was because I didn't check this first. Also make sure you check it on PC emulators. If it isn't working there, it's not going to work on DSTwo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: if i have time for that