Hacking Pls help me with softmod issue

twizted_diablo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post in another thread, thought this thread was more appropriate.

Hello,

I really need help soft modding my Wii. I have gone to multiple sites looking for answers and no solutions and am getting no where.

To make a long story short I have installed 2 games onto my External HD to test out my former virgin but now soft modded wii.
I am using a WD My Passport Essential 500GB/Go USB 2.0

Everytime I load USB Loader GX on my wii with the HDD plugged in, my wii freezes. Than I try to run the app and let is say "Searching for your slow USB" with a 30 second time limit, than plug in my HDD and than it freezes on "Loading...."

I am using the correct port, left one if standing or bottom one if wii is lying down.

My wii was a virgin at 4.3u but used "Smash Stack" to hack it and than use DOP Mii to downgrade it successfully to 4.1u.

Please help me out on getting this to succesfully to work. Also please bare with me and use the simplest english you can in walking me through this. I am not too fimilar with all these apps and mods for this is only my second time hacking a system, the Nintendo DS was my first and the tutorial for R4 Wood on this site was very very useful.

If you want we can set up a time too to talk to each other via some type of messanger because I am sure I am going to get lost on techinal terms and asking stupid questions...lol

Thank you for the help in advance and I look forwad to talking with you!

---TD

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Hmm might be a problem with the cIOS you've installed or your harddrive, my half dead external has the same problems, however that drive is in such bad condition that I cannot even partition it anymore.

twizted_diablo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
Have you got a cios installed?

Yes I do. I followed this guide ->http://lifehacker.com/5518518/how-to-back-...rnal-hard-drive

and I downloaded this ->http://filetrip.net/f9426-cIOS-Installer-38r17.html

The guide told me to do the following:
Launch the cIOS installer. On the initial screen, use the right and left Wiimote directional pad to switch the ISO number to ISO36. Press A to confirm:

On the next screen, use the keypad to select Network Installation. Press A to confirm. The cIOS Installer will churn away for a minute or so and then confirm a successful installation. Press any button to reboot the Wii.

twizted_diablo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhh man I tried another HD, a usb memory stick to be exact, and it loaded up just fine.

Could it be my External HD? I dont get it thou, it says it is compitable via the list here on the site.

Can somebody please verify for me?

WD My Passport Essential 500GB/Go - USB 2.0

EDIT: Here is a link to the HD I have ->http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=700

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yep, it's your HD.
Remove all partitions via you PC.
Then make a new partiton without a filesystem ( NO fat32, NTFS )
Download and install this :

http://gbatemp.net/t178296-ncwbfstool?

Format you HD to WBFS. Put your games on via ncWBFS manager, or via Wii.
If you want to use fat, same steps. better use CFG USB loader then for playing games. ( YAL )
But most likely you have to split up the bigger games.

Ntfs can also work but, it won't let you install games via your Wii.

So i'd go for WBFS.

BTW Your HD type should'nt give any problem

If this doesnt work, your HD is screwed.

twizted_diablo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to WBFS and formatted the HD. Still does not work. I dont get it....

its listed on the list:

WD Elements Portable 500 GB USB 2.0 Hard Drives (WDBAAR5000ABK)
1058 1010
Works Works Works Works Works great! tried a FREECOM and some other eHDD's before but this one worked perfectly! No booting issues, no installs, no freezes or performance/loading issues. Tested on the WiiFlow USBLoader ( IOS249 )

I tried the WiiFlow but the step where I have to go into the WAD Manager to do something errors out....

Oy vey, I just want to play some back up games....lol

Any other ideas?

twizted_diablo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay looks like I got it working. I am using the Configurable USB Loader ->http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638

Anybody familiar with this one? When it partition my USB HD it says something like 265GB of 465GB avialable. I cannot use all my of HD to install games?
Also, I am installing the retail games we own right now, how do I install downloaded games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill