E3FE7EDA-B39A-4DB2-B296-C0BEA4460C33.png

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Staying inside weakens your immune system, making you more susceptible to Winnie the Flu. Because of this, a far better option to fight it would be to go dumpster diving with your mouth open.
Now hold up, how does that prevent you from getting the spooky flu?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am going with no I was being serious.

If everybody had proper rated masks, masks disposed of properly or washed (assuming it is an option), no beards (or workarounds for them, which makes even more expensive masks), had proper mask discipline (a hard to learn skill that usually takes anybody that has to learn it months or active concentration -- I train car painters, engineers, builders and mechanics, others I know train medics, regardless of base intelligence it takes everybody serious time and probably a serious fuck up to get on lock), possibly eye protection (those mucus membranes and all that, and a bonus to stopping people touching their face) and so on, and coupled it with some serious distance (being able to fall over and not hit someone's feet is still well within cough/sneeze distance, though harder for general breath), infected person tracing, hand washing protocol somewhere in the mix (gloves if people could manage that, though nobody likes washing/changing gloves that often in the real world), possibly got people to strip off and chuck their clothes in bleach upon returning to their house (and doing it properly/choosing clothes that can do it), proper isolation of sick people and their contacts and so on then sure.
I have all that and it is still a righteous (and expensive in both initial outlay and societal) pain in the arse to do.

However as a society we have basically none of them the effectiveness of what is effectively a bit of rag that would have a hard time stopping a ball bearing (never mind a virus) passing through or people larping as those taking down plasterboard/drywall or cutting grass... I guess if people like placebos and want to think like they are "doing their part" then eh. However if placebos make people forget other good practice then that gets even worse for no benefit, or an expensive no benefit.

You see something similar in discussions of condoms and birth control pills. Used properly and taken properly they are terribly effective, however bad technique and poor discipline drops the society wide efficacy by a lot.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

If everybody had proper rated masks, masks disposed of properly or washed (assuming it is an option), no beards (or workarounds for them, which makes even more expensive masks), had proper mask discipline (a hard to learn skill that usually takes anybody that has to learn it months or active concentration -- I train car painters, engineers, builders and mechanics, others I know train medics, regardless of base intelligence it takes everybody serious time and probably a serious fuck up to get on lock), possibly eye protection (those mucus membranes and all that, and a bonus to stopping people touching their face) and so on, and coupled it with some serious distance (being able to fall over and not hit someone's feet is still well within cough/sneeze distance, though harder for general breath), infected person tracing, hand washing protocol somewhere in the mix (gloves if people could manage that, though nobody likes washing/changing gloves that often in the real world), possibly got people to strip off and chuck their clothes in bleach upon returning to their house (and doing it properly/choosing clothes that can do it), proper isolation of sick people and their contacts and so on then sure.
I have all that and it is still a righteous (and expensive in both initial outlay and societal) pain in the arse to do.

However as a society we have basically none of them the effectiveness of what is effectively a bit of rag that would have a hard time stopping a ball bearing (never mind a virus) passing through or people larping as those taking down plasterboard/drywall or cutting grass... I guess if people like placebos and want to think like they are "doing their part" then eh. However if placebos make people forget other good practice then that gets even worse for no benefit, or an expensive no benefit.

You see something similar in discussions of condoms and birth control pills. Used properly and taken properly they are terribly effective, however bad technique and poor discipline drops the society wide efficacy by a lot.
TL; DR, just wear a mask

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TL; DR, just wear a mask
Not if it is more effort than it is worth or more likely to infect me in turn. I will keep my stash of fancy masks for jobs that actually demand it.
If I do spin my scarf around my face it is mainly just to avoid having to go up and headbutt a bleating idiot that thinks they are being useful.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada

That’s why I always wear protection. I’ve worn the same latex for months now. I poked a few holes in there for breathability too

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't believe the stupidity of some people lol. This American idiot cut a hole in her face mask because she wanted to make it easier to breathe :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

View attachment 210208
To be fair I was going to get one of those beard snoods and use that if things got silly

600-3032-cleanroom-beard-snood-600x600.jpg

How would you know if you were infected?
I usually stay in the house for the incubation period speaking to nobody not also in the house doing the same so I am going with good enough for me.
If I am one of the asymptomatic in general types then eh.
If I am going to be take typhoid mary's role up and become kung flu fast then I suppose I will embrace my role as arsehole.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.