Please help with The blue screen on 3ds!!

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Fergamesy2k, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Fergamesy2k
    OP

Fergamesy2k Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2013
    Mexico
    i was playing with the 3ds, but then a black screen saying "a plobelm ocurr.. turn off the system" i do it an then the blue screen with this message:
    bootrom : 00F800EF
    FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
    00000022 00000000

and since then the system don't work. i try removing the batery, many times, and sometimes (very rarely) it work, the system initiates, but in a minute it frozen, and then again the blue screen, somebody knows haw to fix it manually? i think that error means this:"DAT lines are connected to other DAT lines" what is this? what and where are this dat lines? how can i fix it?

2. nukeboy95

nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    not sure
    it is a problem with your nand, did you try to downgrade it?

3. Kyouhei

Kyouhei Official 任天堂 Lover

Aug 18, 2011
    >playing
    Were you opening the system while it was turned on or something? This doesn't sound like an accident that would happen unless you were tampering with your system...

4. 3DSGuy

3DSGuy No longer in scene

May 22, 2012
    United States
    "DAT lines" refer to the points on the 3DS motherboard which are linked to the 3DS NAND. The error code suggests one or more DAT lines are connected to each other, either due to bad soldering or a physical fault of the motherboard. As a result, the bootrom simply cannot communicate with the NAND.

Either way, your 3DS is damaged, if you can't get your 3DS fixed by Nintendo. Opening it and posting hi-res pics of your motherboard in this thread, is your best shot at resolving the problem.

5. Fergamesy2k
    OP

Fergamesy2k Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2013
    Mexico
    nope. i was just playing... i opened after to se if something was wrong..

6. Fergamesy2k
    OP

Fergamesy2k Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2013
    Mexico
    View attachment 4353

7. Fergamesy2k
    OP

Fergamesy2k Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2013
    Mexico
    some pics. when i have a better light, i try to upload with a better quality

8. blinkzane

blinkzane Panic at your moms house

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    I didn't think there was a downgrade option??

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I suggest just sending this in to Nintendo. Opening it when you know you've never done any hardware modifications to it before was pointless and probably a bad idea as Nintendo may not want to repair it.

There isn't, unless you have backed up your NAND with a hardware device to later restore it.

10. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Does it turn on to the system menu? If so just trade it into Gamestop towards a new one and stick some other poor guy with the problem.

(No DO NOT really do this, that would make someone an asshole to do that, just surprised it hadn't been suggested).

11. Fergamesy2k
    OP

Fergamesy2k Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2013
    Mexico
    well,i guess i'll sell it in parts, for replacement. i don't have a backup of the nand, so i guess try to restore it is useless. and i don't know if i can fix it... should i try to load a nand of someone else? is that even possible?

12. blinkzane

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    ah, I was gonna say, I'd love to play with this option.

13. blinkzane

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    I don't condone your idea since gamestop buys your products for way cheap, and really it's gamestops problem because as soon as the person realizes it doesnt work, then they take it back and gamestop has to do something about it.