Gaming Please Help! Wii Freezes when inserting original GC/Wii game

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What should I do to fix this? :)

Try to update the IOSes, use google to search for the IOSes wads because we are not allowed to share WAD files on GBATemp, but DO NOT UPDATE IOSes BELOW 200, those are system ones, it bricks if you do, try updating the IOSes above 200.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
First off, don't ever post in full caps. It just pisses people off, and you are less likely to get help.

This shouldn't have anything to do with MIOS, or any IOS. More likely, you enabled a lot of Priiloader hacks. Is the region free hack enabled? That can cause system instability.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
All of the IOS files in that sysCheck, with the exception of the missing MIOS, are pretty standard. There's nothing I would change with regard to this problem of disc-loading. I would personally update cIOS249 and cIOS250 using ModMii, but that's not important nor relevant to the current problem.

Exactly, to this problem, however if he wants to run newer Wii games it won't be able to play due to the IOSes.

B_64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First off, don't ever post in full caps. It just pisses people off, and you are less likely to get help.

This shouldn't have anything to do with MIOS, or any IOS. More likely, you enabled a lot of Priiloader hacks. Is the region free hack enabled? That can cause system instability.
Oh sorry, haha yes my region free is enabled.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, to this problem, however if he wants to run newer Wii games it won't be able to play due to the IOSes.
With the exception of backups (not retail discs) that require a cIOS with IOS57 as a base, this setup will run just about everything, backup and retail, as is.

B_64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It was the reigion free on priiloader. I`ve fully fixed it and can play my original GC games!
I`m not going to mod it any futher haha
Btw if I do play a new game and haven't updated my IOS will it brick it or will simply not run the game? :)

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It was the reigion free on priiloader. I`ve fully fixed it and can play my original GC games!
Btw if I do play a new game and haven't updated my IOS will it brick it or will simply not run the game? :)

It just won't run, DW about bricks.

B_64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With the exception of backups (not retail discs) that require a cIOS with IOS57 as a base, this setup will run just about everything, backup and retail, as is.
Ahhhh I see :)
Thank you everyone! I nearly shat bricks thinking i would have to buy another wii lol

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Worst case scenario, it won't run.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Btw are there any new games you would recommend for the wii?
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (or Metroid Prime Trilogy if you can find it)
  • The Last Story
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • The Conduit
  • Conduit 2 (the story isn't nearly as good as the first)
  • Monster Hunter Tri
  • Resident Evil 4
Those are a few must-plays just off the top of my head.

Reactions: Lacius

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg